Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 06:54:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannot catch a break  (Read 1449 times)
oldenglish
House Bee

« on: March 22, 2009, 01:07:29 AM »

Been in pain all week with my lower back but today was to nice out to stay in, and I have lots to get done before the bees arrive next month.
Started by trying to get my chainsaw running, took a couple hours but finally got it running real nice, went and cut down a 20' alder that is in the way of my new bee yard and after I got it all cut up I went to get the lawn mower and trailer. Flat tire and it had popped the seal so I then spent about an hour trying to get it to seal with no luck. So off to the store to buy an inner tube. Got the tires all fixed, went to start it up and battery was dead, got the charger out and on the first try the plastic gear on the starter stripped have to order a new one, so went back up to the yard and started to cut down another 30' alder, when the wife and kids went to leave. My stuff was in the driveway and instead of waiting for me to move she tried to go around, and promptly sunk the front wheels upto the axle. An hour later I got the car free and her and the kids left, I finished cutting the tree down, after trying to start the chainsaw for about 20 minutes (arms about ready to drop off). About now my back is on fire and my knee is in agony (thats what you get for smashing it as a teenager) Headed indoors looking forward to a nice hot soak....no towels...no problem throw some in the wash and wait a little longer for the soak. Then the washing machine starts beeping and the display has an error code on it, I look up the code and says I have a problem with the water draining, looks like the pump is busted, same one I had replaced under warrenty about a month ago. Right now I am thinking about staying in bed all day tomorrow.

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:32:45 AM »

Just drives me nuts when I go to do a simple little thing and find I have to do something else first. Then I have to look for the tool to do that with. And then something else comes up and the job gets delayed. Something that should have taken a few minutes ends up taking the whole day and I am so frustrated I don't do the other thing I was going to do that day.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:12:48 AM »

"Momma said, there`ll be days like this!"
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 08:33:02 AM »

Don't know if you're a hunter or not but if I were you making ready for a hunt I would more than likely score big.

Whenever I'd get a flat while hunting I'd get a deer, with your luck I'd probably have gotten two!

You hang in there man, it'll get better, it only can really!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:32:29 AM »

sounds like spring to me  smiley

if your washer is a front loader, you may have stuff blocking the drain tube.  it's a common problem with the front loading washers.  i have had it happen twice on my Frigidaire.  it's kind of a mess to fix, but not to hard.  happens when you wash down to much dog hair, horse hair, mud.....

let me know if you think that might be it.  i'll tell you what i did if you want the info. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

sounds like spring to me  smiley

if your washer is a front loader, you may have stuff blocking the drain tube.  it's a common problem with the front loading washers.  i have had it happen twice on my Frigidaire.  it's kind of a mess to fix, but not to hard.  happens when you wash down to much dog hair, horse hair, mud.....

let me know if you think that might be it.  i'll tell you what i did if you want the info. 

Thanks Kathy, its a top loader and an expensive one at that, we just had the pump replaced because it was leaking and flooding the laundry room. Now it looks like that pump has quit, I am going to look at it this afternoon but looks like the warranty will be in use again.

adgjoan
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »

Hey there's one thing that went your way.  The washer broke while still under warranty. If your back pain is arthritis related a 30 minute walk every day will do wonders for it. I was having pain in the knees, hips and back.  After I started walking every day the pain went away. 
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 04:10:47 PM »

Place your hands upon the monitor screen and I will heal you.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »

The back is an old problem caused by a couple of bulging disks, so far this year the chiropractor is not working as well as in past years. Kinda supprised its not hurting as much today. Although the carpal tunnel is as bad as ever. Kind sucks getting old.

Good news, the washing machine is fixed, turns out this $900 machine uses a crappy little 5 cent electrical connector to the pump, the vibration in the machine cut the wire loose so the pump would not work. Guess I wont need the repair man after all
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:20:28 PM by oldenglish » Logged

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »

Thanks, I tried that, but I was busy gluing togather a model airplane and now my hands are stuck to the moniter.   grin

Oh yeah...I must have typed this with my tongue...

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 03:04:21 PM »

Thanks, I tried that, but I was busy gluing togather a model airplane and now my hands are stuck to the moniter.   grin

Oh yeah...I must have typed this with my tongue...

Yeah. Sorry about that. It's the meds you know. Sometimes I forget who I am. Good luck with that sticky situation.

Jerry

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:26 PM »

In June, I installed a new dishwasher. It never worked correctly and after the required four fixings, I was able to repalce it. When I installed, it, i had to re-wire electric and move the plumbing so it didnt hit motor. I got new dishawasher, but we "upgraded". You guessed it. i had to re-do plumbing and electric.  25 minute install just became 3 hrs. Just as i was about to finish taping electric connections, ran out of tape. Off to hardware store, closed five minutes before I got there. its always something. Its not you, its not me, its just life!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »

like this place we bought.  a simple replacement of the toilet ended up with tearing out sub floor and most of a wall to repair dry rot  tongue

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next