Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 28, 2014, 08:36:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HR 875  (Read 1773 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: March 19, 2009, 02:42:55 PM »

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-875

i have not made my way through all of this, but it looks like it could be death to farmers markers, and those of us who sell a little honey but are not a business.

in particular, sections 401 #9, 2A #3, 3 #14, and section 202, 206

i'll go through this in depth as time allows, but it looks like another big brother program with (maybe) unintended consequences.

more...it also take decisions about food safety and distribution from states to federal.  creates a new department to oversee all food safety and distribution. i wonder if this would impact hive inspections?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:31:02 PM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »

If my 200 tomato plants do ok maybe I can sell a few tomatoes before it takes effect. :roll:doak
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »

How about this part;

(B) EXCLUSIONS- For the purposes of registration, the term ‘food establishment’ does not include a food production facility as defined in paragraph (14), restaurant, other retail food establishment, nonprofit food establishment in which food is prepared for or served directly to the consumer, or fishing vessel (other than a fishing vessel engaged in processing, as that term is defined in section 123.3 of title 21, Code of Federal Regulations).

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »

The problem with this bill is there are no exemptions outlined for small holders, the nonprofit portion of that exclusion excludes any small operation that's going for a profit.  I'm just going to post what I posted in another forum (full of lefties, unfortunately):

There is an excellent thread over on BYC about this very thing.  Click on the 'full text' link for the full bill.  It's interesting reading - and is as insidious as many have said.  An interesting little sideshow is how involved Monsanto is in the bill, the husband of the bill's sponsor does high-level research for Monsanto (among others, of course), and it's being billed by some as Monsanto's Dream Bill, and from what I've read, they aren't far from the mark.

This bill will do serious damage to small farmer, and offer free reign to the Big Ag Monsanto is so wrapped up in.

There was great hope when Obama took office that he'd actually be proactive and put people into place that really did offer hope and change to our agricultural industry in this country.  Sadly he appointed Tom Vislack, an industry insider to maintain the status quo for business.

'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'.  Just keep believing them, and follow them to slaughter.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 11:11:25 PM »

who had this hope?  not i!

i  am less concerned about Monsanto than i am about the federal government intruding into, and taking over, yet another of the  states jobs and destroying even more individual incentive.  the idea that i would have to register with the feds to sell half my steer to a friend, the veggies or honey at the farmers market, or extra milk from my cow to a neighbor, is ridiculous. 

by the time this admin is done, we won't be able to take a dump without registering our emissions and promising to wipe with recycled sand paper.  we won't have our guns, trucks, or light bulbs that work.
while we are whipped into a frenzy about corporate bonuses, the rulers are quietly turning us into Venezuela.  our companies are nationalized and our lives regulated.  our fearless leader appears before us almost daily.  how soon before we are issued little happy pills and instructed on how to be satisfied with our government appointed lot in life?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 11:16:58 PM »

Yea, I'm worried about all that, but I'm also worried about Monsanto and it's drive to take over the food supply in the world.  It's such a friggin mess.

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »

Well the people voted for change and they're getting it.

Obama vowed to do more with less and we're getting more government, more legislation, more government bureaucracy, with less government responsibility and less personal freedom.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 01:15:20 AM »

i don't have a horse in the race when it comes to Monsanto.  they do some things that make me twitchy, but they also feed a lot of people.  besides, when i look at the folks attacking them, it almost makes me want to take their side no matter what  smiley. if you are a big company that provides a lot of something and works to provide more of that something, i guess you could be seen to be "taking over" that market....at least until someone else makes a better something.

mostly, i think they are a good target and a distraction from what we should be looking at, just as the AIG bonuses are a distraction from all the other crap going on with this government.

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 07:34:19 AM »

I am a gardener, and I've been following Monsanto's takeover of all sources of seed over the past decade or so, nevermind their engineering of our food supply, none of which has done one thing to improve food quality, just quantity - the chemical use in the agricultural industry isn't necessary, the old line about 'feeding the world' is an advertisement department's construct that has been extremely effective, unfortunately.  This is something extremely important to me.  I'm not against big successful business except when they get there via dubious methods, and it seems to me there's an awful lot of the business climate that's falling down all around use due to 'dubious methods', fast eddy accounting practices, and MBAs who have been taught all of this is the right way to do business.  Yes, Monsanto is an excellent target, and one I'd love to see shot down.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 09:59:25 AM »

one world government.  one world veggies.  fits!

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »

You got it!  Control the food (and of course the guns) and you can control the people.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »

there is another important ingredients for an internal takeover and that's an internal enemy.  you need the enemy to distract the people.  an out of touch ruling family, a race of people, or in our case a class of people.  the nasty rich... corporate leaders...or corporations in general. 

don't you always wonder how the people of russia, germany, etc. were so seemingly easily led into accepting a government that oppressed them, and destroyed classes of people?  you can understand it academically, but still you wonder what  people were thinking at the time.  well, take a look around.  we have the ingredients for the same in the mixer right now.  the only question is whether we will allow them to distract us and control us.

and BTW...where are all those people who were so upset about the so called trashing of the constitution with the patriot act?  i guess trashing the constitution is ok if you are of the party of "the one".

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 01:27:09 PM »

It seems to me that there are so many people, possibly the majority, that are so afraid of their own shadow they will gladly let the government take away all their rights for that false sense of security. Someone said on another topic something along the lines of being grateful there are those (police) willing to stand between them and the bad guys. Guess what, the cops are not where the bad guys are and there is nothing they can do until someone breaks the law. The police do not protect you.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:38:22 PM by Jerrymac » Logged

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »

And boy do they bristle when you call them sheeple.  Which is exactly what they are.  Celebrity and reality-TV obsessed no-brains who can't (and won't) even expend the effort to think for a moment about what's going on around them.  Problem is there's too many of them.  Way too many.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next