Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 01, 2014, 03:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you heard about this  (Read 3087 times)
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »

Well I have to admit but I did not believe any of this shortage stuff untill last night when I went to walmart to get some .22 shells. None available.
They were short on all of thier ammo. The shelves were bare. Not sure I like were this is heading.

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 04:15:26 AM »

Its heading for higher prices Dallas, you watch. PS you must have taken a liking to the late night Mexicans if youre only firing .22s at em!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 07:40:56 AM »

The shortage is very real, and it covers reloading material, too.  Hubby purchased a quantity of something for reloading last year at $65.00 - and it's now selling for $365.00 (never mind what it is).  We are stocked for anything we might need, all properly and legally stored.   We've got plenty of .22, and on up.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 09:06:42 AM »

I buy different ammo when it's on sale for trading stock. Wink

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 09:56:33 AM »

I heard on Cam and Company(NRA news) a while back that much of the shortage is due to the sheer numbers of people buying guns and Ammo before the current Congress (definitely the opposite of progress)was able to pass laws making it more restrictive. And there are many more gun owners(Legal too) than before the elections.I hope this remains the case and mre ammo becomes available before the harrassment begins.
 I don't own a lot of guns,but believe me,I beleive in the protections afforded to us in the second amendment.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 10:22:18 AM »

a shortage of anything drives up prices.  that's what supply and demand is all about!

yup, it's a real thing.  everybody is worried about what is coming and nothing is happening to make us less worried.  some people worry and wring their hands.  some people worry and buy ammo  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 10:30:41 AM »

yeah it was killed here in Illinois in fact they are talking about letting us have CCW permits and that looks like it is going to pass in the state house.  They have the Illinois Sheriffs association backing it.

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »

yeah it was killed here in Illinois in fact they are talking about letting us have CCW permits and that looks like it is going to pass in the state house.  They have the Illinois Sheriffs association backing it.
Illinois might allow CCW?  That's fantastic.

You know, fellow gunnies, the press is always ranting about gun control and letting the gun control fanatics have their say, but the gun laws have really been swinging towards us, protecting our rights and guns.  I forget where I saw it, but there's a map out there showing the slow but steady protection of our gun rights.  I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it.  My point is the doom and gloom is an advertisement campaign, I don't know how much it actually has behind it - that being said, we can't let our guard down for a moment.  And I'll bet hubby bought more ammo in his trip to Wal-Mart this morning, if there was any to be purchased!  evil

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »

we have had some luck with things like the DC ruling, blue dogs from the south, and more conservatives in congress until a couple of years ago.  unfortunately, that may not be true much longer.  the supremes may change.  not many conservatives left.  congress, AG, president, with a far left agenda.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next