Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 17, 2014, 01:32:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: got snow??  (Read 1380 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: March 08, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »

not much, but to much for march!!!!!!!!   thunder

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemused
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »

Got some yesterday, most all went away this afternoon except on the north side of the barn. About a foot there from the accumulation of the winter. But I have seen and would not be surprised to get another foot or two this month.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
slaphead
House Bee

Obsessive, compulsive & happy

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »

Had a little last night with some thunder and a sprinkle this evening.  Nothing serious thought.

Can't wait for April 11 - the last frost day for this area.

SH

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »

God bless, had to be in the mid 80's here today and I caught 3 swarms today, and y'all are getting snow?

My wife just asked me to please turn down the ac as its very warm in here.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »

Six inches of snow here Monday night, with a low of 16 both Mon. and Tues. nights.  Eighty degrees today. Don't you just LOVE March?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 10:14:17 AM »

march and april.  hail, sun, rain, heat, ice.....thunder!  all in the same day   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:09:13 AM »

march and april.  hail, sun, rain, heat, ice.....thunder!  all in the same day   grin
You forgot snow grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »

ooops  embarassed   and SNOW.  it's still coming down........

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »

Kathy, its snowing here now, has been since about 6:00, and it is sticking, cold, small flakes, its gonna stick I think.  Something so freakin' bizarre about this weather and it sucks!!!  Personally, I can't stand it, hee, hee.  Our last frost date is April 30.  Have a great and most wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 12:33:37 PM »

Snowing here to but it's not going to stick huh

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
slaphead
House Bee

Obsessive, compulsive & happy

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »

More snow for the Seattle area today.  Forecasting 24 degrees for tonight.  Yuck!

SH

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 06:12:26 PM »

Last three days have been the same: Wake up to falling snow, changes to sunny by lunch and melted off the roads by the time my grandkids are back from school.  All at below freezing.  Enough to drive both the bees and the beekeeper nuts.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
vermmy35
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 06:24:40 PM »

nope haven't seen any in a couple of weeks, but if you ask for rain well we have plenty of that!

Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »

this morning was the last of it, i hope.  it's supposed to warm up starting tomorrow.  fingers crossed.  i have had enough.  we do have years like this, but not often.  last year, spring sucked.  rain and cold through may.  i hope we are not in for another spring like last.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »

We had snow the last couple of days, today is sunny and its melting.
We had a foot of snow get dropped during one night last weekend.
As soon as all the snow melts we get another storm. We have had snow on a regular basis.
The weather changes by the minute, snow then rain and then its nice enough to be out without a jacket and then snow again and you are building a fire etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next