Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 01:21:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yanks are in Town!!, ASDU 2009 stories and pics.  (Read 862 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: March 08, 2009, 04:34:21 AM »

Well once again, the Australian International Airshow Downunder is on.

Aircraft have begun flying in. All next week is trade days, then the weekend is public airshow.

Already there have been some dramas. Last night a B1-B Lancer had nose wheel steering trouble and made an "emergency" landing at YMML.

We are always glad to have you blokes down here. Especially since our Military has been bleeding with yours so much of late in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The bond between our two countries is stronger than ever, despite what you may think, or the papers say.

Since the Confederate Merchant Raider CSS Shenandoah arrived in Port Phillip, Melbourne in 1865.

There she is at the Williamstown Dockyard, 10 miles from me as the crow flies, being repaired.

I guess that makes me a Good ole boy, coz I barrack for he South! Note the Flag!

As usual, I will be personally thanking as many of the visiting boys and girls of the US Armed Forces for their service as I can.

It doesnt matter if they make up the pay, sweep the floor or fire a rifle, navigate a plane. Each one is a link in the chain. One link breaks, we all fall down. If a  paymaster forgets to pay the overtime for a cleaner, pilot slips on a dirty floor, a mission is delayed for 10 seconds, troops on the ground face 10 more seconds of hostile fire. a lot of people can die in 10 seconds.

Its more important now than ever, to let those who are serving their Country in this time of War know how much they are appreciated. If you see a Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Navy or Airforce person in the street, stop and say thank you.

Photos and stories to follow over the next 10 days.

B1-B lancer at YMML (Melbourne Airport) from the TV.

HMAS Ballarat in New Zealand its a fantastic pic when its full size, email me if you want the 5mb image, its worth it!

Aussie F1-11 Dump and Burn, Avalon last year, my pic!

Stay Tuned!

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »

Awesome pics once again Mick.Thanks for taking the time to post these!
cundald
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:09:05 AM »

Great pic, keep them coming. applause.

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 02:43:19 AM »

This belongs to you. It was too lazy to fly when I went the other day, better luck tomorrow I hope. Pic from one of the blokes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next