Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 05:20:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So... What Did the New Beekeeping for Dummies say about US?  (Read 1434 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: March 06, 2009, 03:47:09 PM »

I received 2 emails today both asking the same thing, what did the new Beekeeping for Dummies book actually say about Beemaster International Forums, so here it is.

Here is the full quote in the HELPFUL RESOURCES section about Beemaster Forums:

Bee Master Forum
www.beemaster.com

A popular International Beekeeping Forum designed to entertain and educate anyone with an interest in bees or beekeeping. Here you can share images, send messages, participate in live voice forums. This secure site is moderated and is completely family friendly. It was created and is maintained by hobbyisy beekeeper John Clayton (who also took MANY of the images in this book).

Sweet and to the point, it does point the readers to my home page but a huge link there will get them to the forum and another to my online learning section. It does cover family friendly and moderated and International and voice chat, so all and all - not bad Smiley

In the HELPFUL RESOURCES sections, many sites are listed, it is a good reference to anyone searching beekeeping sites and a nice improvement over the first Edition of the book.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »

Again, You get Congrats!!! bee bee bee
You're name and work will soon be Household Words.  And you've earned the Allocades.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 08:53:16 PM »

Yay, yay, yay, go, go, go.........beautiful.  Have that great and wonderful day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »

What about the new cover image?  Did they keep your old one or did they choose one of the forum members'?

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 06:44:07 PM »

Sean:

It is interesting (cover wise) I submitted originallt about 100 photos, many that Howland and I had purposely staged for the book and many photos that I had which I though he may have had use for.

I DO HAVE CREDIT a second time here for the cover photo, but I cannot honestly say that it was anything that stuck out like the first image (which I knew the second I took it would be the cover) the only recognizable feature is the flat lens of my olympus macro lens I used for all the photos.

Then, the cover from the forst edition is now in the COLOR center section which I didn't have a color image in the first edition of the book. So, I got recognised as the cover artist in both books, although the 2nd edition image is more generic and could have been taken by anyone, I assume at Whiley Publishing they keep good records and had this photo onfile and correctly accredited to me Smiley

The myster female member photo is tough to pick out, there are a few names which could be either male or female and the listing of photo credits are done on a single page EXCEPT for the color shots.

So I don't know the ladies names, hopefully someone will read the book and know who it is then.

Note: Like the first book, it is an easy read - the perfect book for the beginner, but more advanced beekeepers would probably look elsewhere for greater educational information on honeybees. Then again, it is a book aimed for the beginning backyard beekeeper - in that reference, it is very well done.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Doc Pat
New Bee

Green Acres is the place for me!

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:45:08 AM »

John, you owe yourself a huge pat on the back.

Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition for a job well done!

Pat
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »

John

do we know if the mystery girl is someone which post here often or is she just a lady that at one time became a member and is not very active?

Curious

Keith
Chef Isaac
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »

Might be a dumb question but are we talking about the book "new beekeeping for dummies"?

Chef Isaac... Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »

Howland Blackiston released an updated version of Beekeeping for Dummies copyrighted 2009.Available in stores soon.
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470430656.html
Chef Isaac
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »

I wonder if there are a lot of difference between the two?

Chef Isaac... Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »

I sure hope so because there were many things in the first edition that needed to be updated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next