Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 02:25:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your first car and your dream car...  (Read 6070 times)
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« on: March 03, 2009, 03:36:05 PM »

Hey guys!  Was curious what your first car was and what your dream car is?  Post pictures and descriptions if you have them.

I love just about anything with wheels, especially old vehicles.  I think I got this obsession from my Dad who is still like a little kid when it comes to old cars.  Just recently my dad bought a 47 Plymouth at a Barrett Jackson auction!

Like I've heard most say, I wish I hadn't sold my first car.  It was a 1966 Dodge Powerwagon Pickup Truck with the step-side bed.  It was made for the Army National Guard and still had the Olive drab paint job.  I've never since seen a small bed pickup with 2 ton suspension.  It rode like a tank and was geared so low that it's top speed was 50 mph.  She was a beast and could 4x4 like it was no one's business!!!

I have a couple dream cars.  If I won the lottery, I'd want to buy a Lamborghini Countach.  I've always dreamed of having one of these since I was a little kid.
A more realistic dream car which I hope to buy someday soon is not even a car but a small semi.  I've always loved the Mack B-Series trucks from the 40's through the 60's.  I've seen several of these trucks for sale on the internet and every once in a while one will show up in a heavy equipment trader.  You can find the ones (that still run) from the 60's for a couple grand.

Here's a couple pics of examples of my dream B Series Mack Truck.  Sorry, no pictures exist of my Powerwagon.  I have one picture of it burried in the archives somewhere in Black/White, but I have no idea where it might be.

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:40:19 PM »

my first was a '55 Chevy bel air.  2nd was a '65 Impala.  both great cars. tanks!  my favorite was a Datsun 280 ZX t-top.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 04:39:16 PM »

Summer of 1972.
a friend of my Grandfather had this car out behind the barn sitting up on some barrels. He said we could have it if we wanted it. Don't remember how long it had been sitting there. Grandad put some oil down into the spark plug holes and we removed the gas tank in order to get a bullet hole patched up. We found some tires and wheels to put on it. a week or two later we went back and put the tank and tires on, got it off the barrels. Put antifreeze and water into the radiator and gas into the tank and a new battery. a little gas in the carburetor to prime it and it fired right off. I drove it home from Greeley Colorado to Lubbock Texas. This car ran great. I even got it up to 120mph a couple of times. And that is not all it would do. That's just what the speedometer went to.

These pictures are not the one I had and mine was gray with a white top....Did not have the roof rack

1959 Pontiac Station Wagon
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:39:07 PM by Jerrymac » Logged

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
RayMarler
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 05:28:09 PM »

My first car was a ford pinto, 1974 I think.
My dream car is my 1990 Dodge RAM350 Dually 5.9L Cummins Diesel flatbed. It's best vehicle I ever had!

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158/Blujay85/

Sitting in the shade, drinking lemon aid.
Enjoying the breeze while counting the bees.
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:51:38 PM »

First car was a 71 Satellite, with a 318, glasspac, retread tires, and two cold cases in the trunk......  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 08:02:41 PM »

My first was a 79 hatch back mustang that I treated like a truck. Every vehicle I have owned since has been a truck.

My current truck is almost my dream truck, if only it were 4 wheel drive.

This is as close to a dream car for me there is

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »

and two cold cases in the trunk......  grin

Oooooh ya, I like that thought, have a wonderful and most awesome day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
fermentedhiker
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 09:18:35 PM »

First car was a 1971 Ford Pinto(stop laughing)

Dream car hmmmm that's a hard one.  '67 GTO or maybe a '65 Hemicuda or the one I'd like to build from the ground up; Mid engine awd powered by a diesel two stroke V12 that I would design a build of course. Ahhh so many dreams so little time.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »

"72 Dodge Charger, SE, 440 magnum!
I have dreams of that car!..Ive never seen another one like it ever since!
All white, with a black power bulge on the hood! Spedometer read 160 mph, and I put the needle on it a few times! I was a kid, and run it into the ground. I cant believe I never got a picture of it!
your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:44:02 PM »

I could see myself, Johnny bigfish and Irwin cruising down the boulevard in one of those hydraulic jobbies where the thing bounces and jumps down the street, fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror and those rotating rims that make you dizzy.

Of course we all have beer cans stuck to our foreheads!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 09:53:49 PM »

cool shocked shocked shocked shocked  Now wouldn't that just be so ding dang funnnneeee!!!  Beautiful day in our great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Super Bee. The second,also a 70 Superbee. Third 68 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 383 engine that i equipped with a 2-4barrel carb setup and a4:30 geared rear with low profile tires.
 My favorite was when I put the 383 dual quad in My 78 Powerwagon with a 3800 rpm stall torque convertor. People were told back then if they wanted to know if their car was fast, come line it up with my truck. Those were the good days. Wish I had that to do over again.

This is the body style of my first car,but mine was a lime green with a black vinyl top.Pistol grip shifted four speed to be sure!!
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 10:54:59 PM »

First Car was a 1965 VW Beetle, second was a 66 VW Bus (Stock paint not a Hippie Bus) followed by=
66 Mercury Comet
66 Ford Falcon Van Camper Conversion
66 VW Coyote Dune Buggy
82 Ford E-100 Van
85 Ford E-150 Van
79 Ford E-350 Van Full Time 4x4
86 Ford E-150 Van
92 Ford E-350 IDI Diesel Van
88 Ford E-150 Van
06 Ford E-350 Power Stroke Diesel Van
(Can you guess whats next?)   
All so acquired along the way and still have 92 Jeep Cherokee, 92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade, 94 Jeep Wrangler, 91 Jeep Cherokee
slaphead
House Bee

Obsessive, compulsive & happy

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 11:13:57 PM »

My first car was a pale blue, 1965, 1200 cc VW Beetle, economy version.  The one where you kicked a peg in the foot well to switch to the reserve gas tank.

My dream car is a 1996, canary yellow, Mazda RX7 RS1.  Sequential twin turbo, perfect 50:50 weight distribution and 0 to 60 in 5.1 seconds.  Hmmmmmm.

SH

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933
BULLSEYE BILL
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 11:46:25 PM »

This should be fun Smiley

First car I had in 1969, a 1956 Ford Crown Victoria, blue over white,
Second was one for parts to keep the first one running.
Third was a 1963 Cutlass F 85, smaller than a Nova with an all aluminum V-8 four barrel carb, buckets, three on the floor, and a posi track rear end.
Fourth was a 1965 Impala Super Sport in 1971, one of my favorite cars, it was coupe, dark blue with white flare on the side and white leather bucket seats and interior.  It was the last production year for the 409 and this one came from the factory with dual quads, the owners manual said it was 500HP.
Fifth was my first brand new car off the show room floor, a 1973 Charger 440 Magnum, it was a metallic bronze with black humped hood and side striping.  It had the slap stick shifter and high back leather bucket seats.  Just like Johnnys it's speedometer went to 160 and it would do all that and more, I never found the bottom of that petal.
Since then it has been a blur of mostly trucks and SUV's, 1976 El Camino, 76 and 86 Suburban's, 86 Ram Charger, 86 Firebird, various pickups, and now the 98 Durango and a 08 Ram 2500.  I do have my kids 1965 Mustang to get rid of, and recently dad gave me Gramps 1946 Chevrolet flatbed dully, all original.  That could make a fun retirement project.

Now how about Harleys?  Got my first 1963 my senior year of high school in 1970, never been without one or two ever since.  I just completed my latest build.  My 1947 Knucklehead is now setting in a 2006 K-9 chassis, way cool.

My dream car is the 2009 Hemicuda.  Mopar baby.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:09:02 PM by BULLSEYE BILL » Logged
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 05:39:35 AM »

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Super Bee. The second,also a 70 Superbee. Third 68 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 383 engine that i equipped with a 2-4barrel carb setup and a4:30 geared rear with low profile tires.
 My favorite was when I put the 383 dual quad in My 78 Powerwagon with a 3800 rpm stall torque convertor. People were told back then if they wanted to know if their car was fast, come line it up with my truck. Those were the good days. Wish I had that to do over again.

This is the body style of my first car,but mine was a lime green with a black vinyl top.Pistol grip shifted four speed to be sure!!

SILVER SPOON!!!!!!!! GOOD LORD, Hard to hid Money  tongue
My first car was a Red 75 Chevelle Malibu with a 350. Second car I built my self, it was a 72 SS Nova with a 454 that came out of a 78 dually, it was slightly modifies  Wink , drove it 65 miles one way (@40 mph) to Cajun Nationals on Wednesday night (elimination night) and ran a 11.67 1/4 mile, I miss that car.

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 10:36:49 AM »

My 1st car was an early 70's honda car, before the syncro clutch so had to 2x clutch.  Then came the Comet...we called it the vomit.  2 chevy panel trucks, 54 & something else. Then a vega, then charger..a couple of thunderbirds, chrysler minivan, horizon, chevy blazer the small one F350 diesel, F150 & 06 &05 blazer..my dream car would be one that ran forever, never neded maint or oil changes, tires never wear out, no flats...could haul 4tons of hay, built in animal trailer & go 400 miles to the gallon...move dirt around & dig postholes..hmmm..oh yea, auto fill so I never have to get out in the rain again & do dishes & laundry whilst making dinner!!! grin J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »

grin

how about one that will load, haul, and set up your horse and camp site for you?  or better....break it down a drive you home   Smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »

I still can't find my old pic of my truck.  When I do I'll post it.  But here's one I found online that gives you an idea of what my old powerwagon looked like:

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »

too young to have my first car...but I have a few dream cars....number one being Buzzbee's old one.  Right now I'll settle for anything that'll do 60.  Wouldn't mind fixing up dad's old truck either.  HINT HINT DAD

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next