Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 10:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: this really fries me  (Read 958 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: March 02, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96M4ET80&show_article=1&catnum=1

this girl knew that she was subject to recall.  that's what IRR is all about.  it was her responsibility to have a plan.  they keep letting these people slide and pretty soon, no one will feel that they need to show up.
it's not like she's a single parent, or drafted, or recently became pregnant.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 06:20:50 AM »

It makes me mad as well Kathy but I don't know why. Its not as if it should be a surprise. Americans all across the country are walking away from agreements they signed up for. I bet she is not offering any of her bonus money back or maybe her pay or repayment of some of her healthcare. Nope she is just walking away from a contract she signed.
Makes me puke when I know I will serve but someone else walks away. It looks like I will have a go at binladen next year. Think I'm going to show up with a kid heck no or what about the other 100 Infantry soldiers in my unit some with kids some the sole providers for their family none want to go (well maybe some) but all will go.
POGS I tell ya

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »

when one of these folks pulls this, another has to go in their place.

i am sorry you may deploy to Afghanistan.  it is unfortunate that we are investing more lives and money in that place.  we really accomplished most of our goal of degrading AQ in Iraq.  as it turns out, that was the right war.  Afghanistan is a tribal sewer hole in which no outside country has been able to successfully operate.  to my mind, the taliban is not a threat to us as long as they do not harbor bad guys.  they are a local problem.

if we were going to flatten the tribal regions of the boarders, i'd be all for that!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:52:13 PM »

Sorry to hear that you may get called up, Keith!  I know is too easy to be a sideline cheerleader, but I truly appreciate the service that keeps me free and my wife free to be a full time mom to my 5 kids.

I don't know about bonuses and that type of stuff, but if there is some of that involved, then maybe there is some financial obligations that should be repayed.

As far as this situation goes:
I'm grateful for that ruling.  Here we have a 2 parent family with a mother who is dedicating her life to her children.  Children are the future of our country, and the way they are treated in this country it is no wonder the sad state of affairs (10 hours of daycare every day from the time they are 2mo old).

When we have a mother dedicated to caring for her children in a way that they need to be cared for, she should be applauded, not scorned for not abandoning her children to fill some government obligation.  Children, especially this age, need a mother.

And it should also be noted that she's taken the proper course to get a waiver.  It was noted in the article that there are at least 1000 others that didn't report but don't face court martial or charges.

Rick

Added: I write this because I consider motherhood to be the highest calling and vocation possible.  My wife is far more important and is doing a far more important job than I could ever do.

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »

I write this because I consider motherhood to be the highest calling and vocation possible.

i would agree with you except that if she had a 4 year IRR commitment, she probably had a total of 6 years commitment.  that means she chose to have children knowing that recall/deployment was a possibility.  because she will not go, some other mother or father will take her place.  i applaud the woman who makes her children her highest priority.  i wish more mothers would stay home with their kids, but this woman signed a contract for a certain number of years and did something that she knew would interfere with her ability to honor that contract.

as for the others that do not show up?  they should be caught and sent to jail.

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »

Yep, she knew the deal when she signed up  - and knew the deal when she got pregnant.  While I don't like being hard-nosed, as Kathy said, now someone else, who may have children and a sense of responsibility to fulfill their commitment to their country will have to fill her place.  Not fair for the rest of the people serving in the military.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
irerob
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 05:53:01 PM »

I agree she had a commitment  she should of been thrown in the brig for a few years to see if she could find a babysitter then.
  I find it very upsetting when I hear of some one that signed up for colledge or a steady job then want to bail if the government needs them to go do what they have been trained for.
  As for this women she had a commitment and it sounds like her husband found a good job before hers was done I'm sure there is a grandparent, aunt, uncle or whatever to take care of the kids in her husbands absence.

You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »

i did it with 4 kids between the ages of 5 and 9 and a recalled husband.  we were required to have a child care plan on file all the time so that stuff like this would not happen.  one thing the NG could have done was give her a stateside job but even that would have required that someone else be deployed in her place.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next