Looking for some help with a trap out. This is my first
Here is the situation - 3 story fake stone covered deck post. Bees are entering in a gap in the joists for deck #3. The post has a flagstone top. It about 2ft square and I think will have a metal post in the center. Don't want to do a cut out.
Here is my plan -
1) Remove the top stone and any chip board under it. This should give me a good look at what is happening inside the post.
2) I am then planning to cover the top of the post with plywood with my screen cone.
3) I will then place the trap out hive next to the cone and close all the other entrances.
1) Cone will be positioned vertical is this an issue and should I make it longer and bend it ?
2) Will giving the bees a new entrance be an issue?
Other thoughts or ideas?