Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 30, 2014, 08:45:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from northwest Washington  (Read 1266 times)
Bean
New Bee

« on: February 27, 2009, 02:26:43 PM »

Hello - I just read about this forum at another site.  The more sharing of knowledge the better I figure...

I keep bees near Mt. Baker in Washington.   I have RussianXSurvivor Stock in 2 "bee yards" - one at my farm and another at a neighbor's yard near-by. No chemicals, no antibiotics, but I do use essential oils and  screened bottoms rather than bottom boards.   I don't requeen hives, just let them requeen themselves...it's worked for 6 years.  I get new genetics in by periodically buying new queens for spring/summer/fall splits (I split early and often, seems to work for me)...I'm going to try my hand at grafting this year, so I'm bound to have lots of questions. 

That's about it...I do just wish it would stop snowing....

Bean
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »

Hello - I just read about this forum at another site. 
Bean

I wonder what a fly could hear... shocked  I think it's great that chatter on another site, benefits and promotes this site.

Welcome to the site Bean.  You may see many familiar people here. Hope you enjoy.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:36:53 PM »

Bean, welcome to another Washington Beekeeper.  Do you know Jerry Guilimette of Busy Bee Pollenation Services?
As  you can see I'm just down the road from you.  Maybe we can hook up someday.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 05:52:53 PM »

Bean, welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us.  We are getting more and more beekeepers that keep bees in the Pacific Northwest these days.  I am 45 km northeast of Vancouver, in Canada, northward from you.  Stick around, this can be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences, meet new friends, and just enjoy some quality cyberspace time.  Have a wonderful, most awesome day, life, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
slaphead
House Bee

Obsessive, compulsive & happy

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »

Hi Bean,

Welcome to the forum from another PNW beek.  There are many friendly folks here, some with a lot of experience.  I'm not one of the latter (starting my 2nd year)  Wink

SH

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 09:55:47 PM »

Hello and Welcome Bean
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny   
Bobb
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 01:47:24 AM »

Welcome. I agree with you. Enough snow! Yesterday I was tilling the garden, today, 2 inches of snow.... Anyway, you've come to right place; a lot of nice folks ready to help.

"Power, especially overgrown power, whets the ambition and sets all the wits to work to enlarge it. Therefore, encroachments on peoples liberties are not generally made all at once, but so gradually as hardly to be perceived by the less watchful; and all plastered over, it may be, with such plausible pretenses, that before they are aware of the snare, they are taken and can not disentangle themselves."

Samuel Webster
Massachusetts 1777
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 03:47:41 AM »

Ok.... I'm a little slow at getting around to welcoming everyone - but I had to mention the snow part. I'm right along the Atlantic Ocean in Central NJ where this passed Sun/Mon we got 14 inches and I had the (ugh) plesure of hand shoveling over 300ft of sidewalk 4ft wide and upto 3ft deep where the township snow ploys buried our walks in ice packed slurry that froze over night. I thought I broke my back.

Here it is One week later, we've had 3 days in the mid 70s and all snow was gone on Saturday. Makes me feel I half killed myself for nothing. So, enough alread, when we talk March, we start talking bees and it is time to put the snow away until next Winter Smiley

Welcome aboard.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Cossack
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »

Welcome to the site Bean,

You will learn much here.

Mike.

I had a dream last night, I was eating a 10 pound marshmallow. I woke up this morning and the pillow was gone.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next