Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 08:55:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Life is so depressing sometimes.  (Read 525 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: February 27, 2009, 03:59:00 AM »

Ive just about had it.

Over the last 13 years of my life, all its been is drought.

When you like gardening, its horrible.

Everythings dead. I should take some pics and show you a comparison from last year, to this year. Its unbelievable. Every drop of moisture has been sucked out of everything.

The only thing that is thriving is the Oleanders. Want em to flower? Hit em with a heat gun for 48 hours at 60c, just so they dont burn, but nice and hot. Id say from 3 feet would do it.

I have one Tomato left in a pot. I even bring the sucker inside if it gets too hot or cold. Its my baby. My reason for living atm.

Its just so depressing. Cant water the garden. Everythings been on fire for years. Ever since Ive been on here its been nothing but no rain and fires. I expect you are sick of it as much as I am.

Im not complaining about fires, just the drought.

Ive read books from the Pioneers that described living through 10 and 15 year droughts. I never thought I would be able to relate to the dreadfulness of it all untill NOW I reckon.

The Native and especially Indigenous plants dont mind, they are used to it. Although I will have to go to the council about a few 200-300 year old River Red Gums that need urgent attention or they will die, and they are all that is left of hundreds of thousands that were here before they were cut down when white man got here.

I have not stood in the rain since early december. Even the thunderstorms have left us for dead.

Melbourne used to be the laughing stock of Australia because it was meant to be so cold and wet. When I was lil, it was a tad damp at times, used to rain for 2 weeks at a time. It hasnt rained like that here since 1974.

I need a drink, a wind change is due in 30 min. No doubt it will start 100 fires through lightning.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »

i used to live in southern CA.  been through those droughts although none that i remember seem as bad as what parts of your country are going through.  first it's kind of nice that it doesn't rain.  then it gets aggravating that you have to conserve and stuff dies.  then it gets dangerous and you pray for even a little rain.

these are the natural cycles and they end.  could be that by next year you'll curse the constant rain!  i hope so, for your sake, but remember......you asked for it   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »

Mick,
           I am so sorry to hear of your situation.
Deprivation of either sun or rain is very bad as we need both to grow anything.
I know that gardening is especially good for your mind,body and soul and for someone who likes to garden and can't it has to be miserable to be deprived of that.
 Even to just step out of your house and see something beautiful growing, its something I am sure many of us take for granted.
I wish for some rain for you to replenish your land and your soul and for even one little seedling to sprout to renew your hope and faith.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next