Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 10:55:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what happened with our FRIEND?  (Read 1830 times)
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« on: February 26, 2009, 06:34:36 PM »

Anybody seen or heard from Chef Isaac?
Anybody give him financial help in his flood predicament?
Anybody get a thank you?
Or does anybody know if he died or something?
your friend,
john

poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »

John I was just wondering the same thing. Bjorn might know..Bjorn??  huh  There is a new recipe on the website, honey glazed BACON!!  Looks wonderful!!  No word there about flood losses though.   J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »

John, he was last active on February 14, I looked at his profile.  The flooding posts were made around January 10.  I am sure that he is just plain and simply busy, he'll be back.  Have a wonderful, most awesome day, health and life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »

Just wanted to assure everyone, nothing happened to him through Moderator intervention - so I hope all is okay and we hear from his again Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »

Maybe he OD'd on smoked honey and honey glazed bacon! evil

Rick
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »

I emailed him so maybe he'll come see us!
your friend,
john

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 09:30:45 PM »

No matter how things are or aren't for Chef, this is why the FORUM can never assist in matters of personal nature. It sounds heartless and cruel to not do anything, but I take it that those who did assist didn't get even a thank you? That just isn't right, all I remember seeing was an intersection with water in it with no explanation of where the bees might be, how many were killed off or any real details, just some speculations - If I had flooding in my area, the last thing I'd worry about were the bees and something just didn't feel right - I hope all is okay and not either some personal devastation or some more unknow use of a BEE FUND.

I'm announcing here that beemaster forums cannot help bailout, financially assist any startup, restart from loss, or help equip any member with funds or materials. I ask that ALL MEMBERS be extremely careful in doing so on a private level due to the possibility of Internet scams or fraud. Loss in the bee yard is inevitable and the beekeeper must handle their own matters, we all deal with loss as we can afford to, asking for help here is not going to be allowed - we will gladly give all the moral support we can, but the checkbooks need to stay in the drawer. Same goes for donating to any disaster relief funds no matter how on the level, what we can collect and offer would be a drop in the bucket and it opens the members to fraud, credit card number and ID theft and countless things that we hear happen on the Internet everyday.

We have a comfortable dollar amount in the forum fund from members kind enough to donate their hard earned money to help out with the forum, this has been a real honor to have people entrust in us their donation and know that we will see it is used properly to keep the forum running and online for as long as the Internet is around.

But the funds aren't huge by anyone's count, but we have enough money because honestly keeping the forum running is relatively inexpensive and the kindness of the members have always kept us in the black. The need to ever become COMMERCIALLY SPONCORED is (in my opinion) over stated - even if we were to triple in size, the cost to run the forum would only be a few hundred dollars a year, no worth selling out to Gooooogle or any beekeeping company trying to use our high ranking in search engines as a commercial campaigne.

But my point, taking member donated money and using it to buy people beehives is inexcusable - it is money for all the members, not a bailout for any single member. That is what entrusting gifted money is about, using it for the right purpose and not subjecting it to what could be fraud.

I have always said, and will repeat it here for those who have given toward the forum, if we have a member asking for something as simple as an inexpensive microphone so they can get into voice chat, that is $4 or $5 well spent, and I'd gladly give that out of my own pocket. That simple jesture is an act of kindness that keeps giving back to the forum. When someone makes it to voice chat, it fills their entire evening with something to do, and if you are in extreme hard times - having people to chat with is priceless and in this example, all for the cost of a cheap mic on Ebay.

It is a very tough time for so many people and "that thought" is BEFORE all this bailout crap. I have met some members who have it extremely bad off, it was heartbreaking to know that such poverty exists in our country and among our own membership - sometimes we forget how well we have it when each day we wake up and go to work and actually have a few dollars left at the end of a payweek. Just because someone has a computer doesn't mean they are comfortable in their life, often it is the only luxury they have and it is important to remember such facts. A computer in their home is both entertainment and also educational material for their school kids. It isn't a luxury item any more.

So, rest assure the forum is doing well, just another thanks to all who have donate to our forum, they know who they are and hopefully you'll see your gifts at work when ever the need for using the funds is required. As I've said, the forum is my Legacy to the everyone, it will be here long after I am gone and that is something that I feel comfortable saying - may your children have the same peaceful place to come when they make it into the world of beekeeping, and the same goes for all those who will find their way into the hobby in years ahead.

I hope this orininal topic thing works out, just wanted those of you who gave to know your generocity is the important issue, not what hapened with the money. You made a better you with your kindness, there is nothing wrong with becoming a better you. But to not get even a thank you when he still posts nearly every day elsewhere bothers me tremendously. Good luck and I hope this answers anyone's questions on why our forum funds cannot be used except to improve and maintain the forum.

I would never jeaopardise your kind donations here to anything that would go to non-forum related matters. Everyone has bee losses, whether a single hive or thousands lost to CCD or natural disaster, it is a given in this hobby/profession that loss is inevitable. But offering a service like voice chat and protecting the beemaster name and website are important issues that will always need addressing. So, I felt it important to let you know, that we recognise your hard earned money could be used for so many other personally important matters, and when you have donated to us, we take it seriously and as we grow and software or features that benefit the forum come about, then funds will be used if needed to benefit our great membership. Sorry for getting long, but this post bugged me and upset several members for obvious reasons. Glad we had this chat!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:46:07 AM by beemaster » Logged

Follow us on TWITTER

slaphead
House Bee

Obsessive, compulsive & happy

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »

I've not met Chef Isaac but a beek of that name does operate in this area and it's common knowledge in at least my beek club that he suffered some losses during the floods.  Can't tell you more than that though Oldenglish might be able to tell you more (was in communication with Chef earlier this year). 

I hope those posts were not a scam.

SH

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933
oldenglish
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »

I know he was taking orders for packages a few weeks ago, and he is still a regular poster over on beesource. Other than that I dont know much at all.

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 02:06:02 PM »

I know he was taking orders for packages a few weeks ago, and he is still a regular poster over on beesource. Other than that I dont know much at all.

I'll bite my tongue on this one, or is it grit my teeth?!
Thanks.

Follow us on TWITTER

Chef Isaac
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 12:14:07 AM »

Sorry ya all for not getting back with you guys. My wife has had some serious issues and I need to be there for her.

As far as the bees go, I lost 25 hives to the flood. Bees dead and boxes I can not find. We spent about 2 weeks trying to clean up not only our mess but also the local farmers mess too. We spent another week helping other local beekeepers there, one who lost 200 hives. we found most of his equipment.

I thank everyone for their concern.

I want to make it clear to the moderator that I did not ask for ANY HELP. If you have any doubt as to who I am, what I do, what type of ethics I believe in, just ask or better yet, visit beesourse and look me up. I take it as disrespect by the moderator at your skeptic since of view about me. Do your homework first before assuming!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:24:58 AM by Chef Isaac » Logged

Chef Isaac... Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com
Chef Isaac
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 12:31:01 AM »

Here is a picture we took not too long ago. These are the only hives that did not move off the rails. I had 34 or so hives at this locations. Lost 25 hives. Only have recovered about 1/4 of the equipment.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2093/dsc00038y.jpg

Chef Isaac... Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com
Chef Isaac
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 12:32:52 AM »

and if you all ever need to get a hold of me, just email me at chefif@comcast.net or call me at 360 261 2055.

Thank you john for the email. Thank you bjorn for the call and thanks iddee for the heads up on this thread.

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 12:36:01 AM »

Glad to see you back in here chef, good luck in bringing your hive numbers back up.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Chef Isaac
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 12:37:44 AM »

Thank you JP! I wish you the best as well.

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 07:59:43 AM »

My issue with you Chef is that in the MONTH you were so busy, you had no problems posting on the other Fourm, yet couldn't find the time to communicate with no one who tried helping you out from here?

If I insult you, sorry you feel that way - I don't know you, but from your actions here, I don't know if I am missing much especially when it comes to communicating your greatfulness to any assistance offered from our mrmbers.

And since you BRING IT UP - I'll GLADLY QUOTE your post both here and also posted at the other forum. Here is you quote:

"If anyone wants to contribute to my bee fund... or shoot a nuc or package my way... that would be great . I think I lost all my bees"

Sure sounds like asking for money and or equipment to me. Then members help, and then they have to post, not "Is everything okay with Chef" but "What happened to our Friend?" which should not be an issue, you didn't have to post in our forfum, but an email to anyone who helped might have been respectful and expected, I can't think of one member who wouldn't have written a thank you, even if it was just a message saying that they hoped all was well.

You say you had to care for your wife, I'm hoping all is well with her, I mean that sincerely - but it didn't stop you posting multiple times nearly every day since the FLOOD OF THE CENTURY in another forum, but again, spending 2 minutes to acknowledge someone who tried to help here was too much for you to do. That was what upset many people, and sadly you still don't see that.

Maybe you need to see how poorly you managed this situation. you say that you didn't ASK for anyone to contribute your Bee Fund - you did too. the you didn't acknowledge contributors from here, you didn't. Tell me how I'm supposed to see you Chef? Asking "if you would like to contribute" is not a disclaimed to whether you were asking for assistance, of course whether someone gives or not is their choice - it was a request to anyone who wanted to assist, don't say you weren't asking for money or equipment, I have your entire post if anyone needs to see it in the full context, but you chose to show devastation flood images and kept the text short with the words quoted from your post here.

My post wasn't about you, but your lack of a responce from you to our membership  sure made it easy for me to explain WHY we cannot bailout member's losses, we are all beekeepers and all suffer losses, it is part of the hobby sadly enough. If you took it as personal, that is something I'd search your conscious about, not the merits of me or any moderator of this forum.

If you have time for a hundred posts give/or take at the other forum, then you have time for ONE POST in this forum where you asked for assistance too. I know I am right on this Chef. I am glad your losses are relatively low, you obiously are recovering well enough to worry about having UPC codes to add to your honey jars so you can market them at grocery stores, you have plenty of time for lots of things, but writing a one line note saying "thanks for your help, things are getting better!" was too much to squeeze in and that is not how members here deal with things, either on the asking of responding end..

Your own words in posts found elsewhere, made several people here who were willing to contribute, realize that you LIKELY are much better off then they are - that is what I believe is special about our membership here, to give to others, even when you have little yourself is something our members would do in a heart beat and those receiving help would keep in touch, if only to thank them - I don't know if you even understand that concept, but it annoys the hell out of me when all this time goes by, and you couldn't at least update us on actual los or how things are going - instead I'm suppose to see how you are a member in good standing in another forum, give me a break - that just is foolishness.

We were okay when you were looking for assistance, but not worth writing to us as a curtesy followup - that is not the stuff of a Beemaster Forum Member, it might work elsewhere, but here it is rude and frankly to many unforgiveable. If Iddee had never written you, we may not have read this responce from you either. Disappearing after a post asking for assistance?, is that what (in your eyes makes a upstanding member) in any forum? Wow, we see things differently here and I don't think you have a clue of what I am talking about.

So if you don't like that I posted that people be WARNED about contributing funds to members, I'm happy that I made an effort to warn against Internet fraud, I never said you were under that definition - I don't need to use lowshots, especially when your own actions explain the way you handle the kindness of others WAY BETTER than I could. I'm not using you as an example, but the members sure can imply it as a reference, that from your own actions, not anything I said.

And by the way, this post now would be in private, except you chose to respond to me in public, in those cases ( I have chosen long ago to reply in kind) I have little choice but to respond in publically - kids today call it being SERVED. If you have anything further to say to me, I strongly strongly suggest it is in private, I won't hash this out in public and CHEF, neither will you, not round two! Being a moderator anyehere with a cncious has great responcibility, debating in public isn't something I like to do, but you brought it to the table, so thus my reply in public. I think it a good time to let the new members, many who have came from other forums should know why issues like this are important and how we stand by our rules. I have said nothing here that is abusive or argumentitive, I'm simple replying to your post and explaining how we do things, whether or not you understand the difference is not my proble - but it is a great learning tool to new members. Ethics and resoncibily is all we have to keep us living the standards we expect from the members and some times when a member wants to bring an issue to the public it needs to be aired as such.

Lastly, I don't go to Beesourse, but maybe 15 minutes a year honestly just to see what topics are hot and what are not, no one has a patent on a forum topic, I see that they have adopted a GREETINGS FORUM, it is not something we have rights to, it is a tool for members to get to know each other. I feel the same way if I see a hot topic that I think our members would like to post about and may adopt that topic here - Beesource is a fine forum and the Internet needs more forums about beekeeping, there is plenty of room for hundreds of beekeeping forums. What I hear about what is going on over there is from other members who have followed your posting since your "IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE TO MY BEE FUND" post and subsequent non-posting here. I have enough to do here to keep me busy as do the other mods, if I insulted you, then look here and see your lack of posts since your request post, don't send me elsewhere on the Internet to see how you believe you are preceived and respected. I judge you and any member by how they are "here", I know of many members who have come here lately and they are NOT the same people who they were elsewhere in other forums - they change, play by the rules, they care and interact with the other members, make friends and understand our rules and play within the guidelines. Even better, they followup when they post images and notes concerning any damage done to their be yard. Not disappear for a month or more, requiring members to look for them where they choose to post, forgetting they started a serious topic here. Frankly, as far as members go, this incident was not very impressive to most os us, not just me.

When a member or their posts makes it to the mod room where we discuss how we should respond to an incident, it usually doesn't end up good in that member's favor. Your original post was moved because frankly I had no idea who would dig up that post and continue to send anything to you - without feedback from you, what was I suppose to do? I worry about the membership, not individual members - it is for the greater good, not for the ease of the moderators, not for a lone member, but for the membership we do things.

You taught us one this, no matter how poorly you made any effort to appease the members concerning the followup after the flood - no posts asking for money, equipment or anything to replace loss will ever be posted here again. I can't think of someone who could have poorly handled a situation better than you did, this made our "No request for assistance" policy really easy in induct.

So rather than feel insulted by the way I replied to your lack of posting and then thanking Iddee for letting you know that the people you dropped like a hot rock we asking for you, who only wanted a thank you or an update, these people deserved more and you didn't come through. So blame yourself instead of telling me to go elsewhere and see how reputable you believe you are - I don't care anything about a member outside the doors of this forum, here is what I care about and you performed poorly here and owed this membership more than an appology many many weeks after your original post and only when  told by someone that you were AWOL as far as much of our membership goes. So don't dig a hole here and then complain it is too deep, especially when you brought your own shovel.

I'd be careful though, replying in public here again is just creating an argumentitive situation, I'm asking you a second time, keep it Private, or expect to have one less forum to attend, you obviously do well elsewhere, it seems you feel your reputation there is enough to mean something here, it does not. You create a reputation the day you walk in the door here, I don't expect anyone to follow any member around the Internet to have to Judge their character - that sort of thing doesn't come up. The way you interact and respond to THIS membership is what we judge you by, not how you perform elsewhere. That "Just check me out at the other forum" is as rediculous to me as "Just check out my MYSPACE PAGE, or look at my possitive feedback at Ebay" it means nothing Chef, nothing - we judge members "here" not in the rest of cyberspace. Take 5 minutes and read the rules, get an idea of what we strive for and see how you failed so many people here, maybe we expect more than you are use to? I really don't know, but that is why we do everything here to protect our members, because some people come in without reading the Bilaws and they think this is some other forums they belong to, it is not and if it were, I wouldn't have wasted an hour responding to you. But not another second will be wasted in open forum - bring it to PMs, you seem more than capable of navagating this and other forums, it is just a shame you chose to not opt to do so here weeks ago, this topic likely would have never come up - so look in the mirror, use some hindsite and see why some people are not happy with you. I'm done and don't see a need to continue in private even. No one called you a crook, at best I and others showed GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT and that is the issue. Something tells me Iddee is cringing at even telling you, or at least being mentioned by you in your post. No harm or foul there, I'm glad you at least finalised the thread you started - otherwise, we probably would have never known what happened - at least not from you.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:40:51 AM by beemaster » Logged

Follow us on TWITTER

Chef Isaac
House Bee

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 08:38:58 AM »

Beemaster:

There were 8 members here who emailed me, saying they would help and I told them thank you but I would survive. Beekeeping is not my main business and never will be.

Sorry if I posted on the other forum. Shoot me a live. Time is a factor and I havent mastered the layout of this forum yet and it takes me a while to get around here. I have thanked the people who have offered. I did not realize people were concerned until Jonny and iddee dropped me an email and bjorn called me. I sincerely apologize for that.

And yes, sometimes it takes looking to other places to see how people are and who they are. If you do not think so, look at corperate America where people now look all over cyberspace to find out about potential employees.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:08:06 AM by Chef Isaac » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next