Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 01:23:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i need a belt!  (Read 3527 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »

Kathy, you haven't said what you found out at Motion Industries. Please update.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »

i have not had the chance to research yet.  got the post a little late.  will check and get back. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 01:30:34 AM »

this is not off a car.  it's off my horse hotwalker variable speed motor.  i have looked up the belt by the numbers on the belt, but no go.  i will go to a motor place in town as soon as i get a chance.  no luck on line, but i think they don't make the same belt and i will have to find equivalent.
The only auto type belt that might work is a over head cam timing belt.  I suspect the inside of the belt is "cogged"  Give W.W. Granger a call or better yet carry the old belt with you.  One possiable cure is to replace the pullys with v-belt pullies and employ a segmented v-belt.  Segmented belts are very rugged and you can add, remove or replace  segments as needed to create a belt of any length.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 07:55:28 PM »

i found my belt!  got it from a company in Chicago that only does cash.  had to get it COD.  didn't even know folks still did that smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »

i found my belt!  got it from a company in Chicago that only does cash.  had to get it COD.  didn't even know folks still did that smiley

A couple of years ago I got the oil pan for my Ford 8N COD.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »

Gates Rubber Company makes all kinds of belts for industry and automotive.  You can cross over the number on this site.

http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=3053&location_id=3286

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next