Nothing like a return customer. I did a removal about a year ago from this person up in Port St. Lucie. Well about 4 months ago He got another hive in another area. This time is was a door archway.
The cut out was text book. It took me about three hours. And I got the queen.
I am such a kid when I do this. I was so excited that I found the queen that I didn't take any pictures of her. I was wanting to make sure she got into the hive safely. I must remember to take pictures.
The one notable about this cut out was that there was a piece of wire in the area. You can see it in most of the pictures. This was a piece of romex that lead to the light in the center of the overhang.
I saw the light so I knew there was a wire somewhere but not completely sure of it's exact position. This is why you don't get to go hog wild when cutting an opening. Since the wire went to a light that was turned off. I wasn't in danger of getting shocked. I just didn't want to have to deal replacing it if it got damaged.
This was one of the few times where I put all the comb in the box. normally I do not put in honey frames because they leak everywhere. The comb wasn't loaded with honey there was some but for the most part it was brood. Also there were 10 pieces of comb. That fits pretty well in a 10 frame box. So I just went ahead and placed each piece just like it was in the ceiling.
Bees are at the farm. Lease agreements are being signed. honey will be made. :)