Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 06:07:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Wonderin"  (Read 1700 times)
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« on: February 15, 2009, 11:41:59 PM »

I was looking at the keyboard for my computer and started to wonder....which keys on your keyboard are the most used.
I can tell on mine because of how much of the letter has been worn off.
So here's the run down:
there ain't no E no more, no more.  The D looks like and I.  The C resembles a bent I and the M is often mistaken for the V.  Somebody beat the holly.... out of the L and all that's left is a _.  The K looks like it was standing against the wall on one leg, while the N suggests it's actually a V sliding into !st base.  The O is more of an upside down U and I can no longer tell the difference between the numbers 6, 8, and 9.

So what's your keyboard look like?  BTW the wife can do 120 wpm blindfolded while I still use a modified Columbus system.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:12:18 AM »

My A and E are pretty much gone.....O is only half there. N is getting a little faded on the bottom.
your friend,
john

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:46:17 AM »

I don't have - O I U E S H L N B

There are dots in the upper left corners of - Y T F

The - G - has a hint of a crescent moon starting on the upper left and going down around to the lower right.

There is a dot in the upper left and middle of the - M

The - A - is missing the right side slope.

The - K - has the back and the arm but no leg.

This sure makes it hard on a hunt and peck typer  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:26:30 AM »

I'm not missing any letters yet. But I would have to say Z, backslash, and left and right arrows. These letter are also used as player controls for some games my kids like to play. So they might get hit a few thousand times a day sometimes.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 04:52:35 PM »

Holy smoking cadoolals!!!  The topics that come up here, that is just so cool!!!  You dudes are hard on your keyboards, must be a guy thing, smiling.  My letters on my laptop are still clear.  The only way I can tell what keys are used frequently are by putting the computer in the sun and looking at the greasy marks on the keyboard. Man, I must have really greasy fingers, that sucks, no clue why, I don't really eat very much when I am typing.  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

These are the most commonly used letters:
w e r t a s d f g c v b n

and

shift, spacebar, backspace and enter

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »

my keyboard is too new. But I play war games alot so probably the w,s, and f keys are going to be the first to go.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:15:52 PM »

My spacebar has a pronouced dip, the letters on a,s,d,c,e,f,n,j,i,k,o,l,;,> and enter are all worn beyond visibility.  I'm a programmer/instructor.  I can't remember when I got this keyboard, been through a few systems.

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »

David, oh you must be very proficient with computer stuff eh?  Nice.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 03:43:32 PM »

This keyboard is only two years old, so there's no wear on it, yet, but crumbs?  Yea, lots of them - and big grey whiskers, and cat hair, every once in awhile I clean it out (especially when a key gets sticky!) 

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »

This keyboard is only two years old, so there's no wear on it, yet, but crumbs?  Yea, lots of them - and big grey whiskers, and cat hair, every once in awhile I clean it out (especially when a key gets sticky!) 

If I let my grandkids use the computer while eating it would take about 2 days before all the keys were stuck.  I have a rule, no food or drink while using the computer.  It still gets sticky from the fingers.  My key board is about 2 years old and the wife does most of the typing at 120 wpm, I wonder if speed has anything to do with the wear and tear?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »

I wore out the mouse !
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 11:43:05 AM »

Depends on which computer I am on. My work computer has a fairly worn space bar and enter key.  My home keyboard is fairly new so no major wear yet except the space bar.  My mice are visibly worn on either side.  I am surprised the scroll wheel isn't worn out yet.  My laptop keys aren't too bad.  The laptop is about 8 months old.  Space bar shows some wear.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »

Interesting question!

I made work pay for a good keyboard, so all the letters are still there after 5 years of using it almost every day.

But the most worn keys are probably asdf <- Those are the left-hand homerow keys where my left hand rests while my right hand is mousing. Interestingly enough, my "n" key has the most wear...I'll to try to figure out why.  Other than home-row keys, it is the buttons that by index and middle finger use that are the most worn.  And space bar, on the right side more so than the left.

Other than that.... perhaps the enter key and the backspace key.

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next