Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 07:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Winter Blues near Ocean City  (Read 391 times)
Cossack
House Bee

« on: February 21, 2009, 07:29:06 PM »

huh
     Hello All,

I want to report to you about my bee loss. On New Years Eve we had a severe wind storm that knocked down several trees and unfortunately 7 of my bee hives. I live on the eastern shore of Maryland outside of Ocean City. I discovered the problem coming home from work around 5:00 P.M. The hives were exposed to the extreme cold for probably the whole day. I reset the hives back up. It must have been funny to see a guy in a suit and tie working on bee hives. That night the temperature dropped down to 4 degrees. I was worried about them but was hopeful they would pull through.The other hives did not topple over from the wind and were spared.

I have some bad news to report. All 7 of the hives have died. Numerous bees were found embedded in to the combs. Its a sad day for me. I still have 9 hives left and plan on requeening in the spring. This has been a really cold winter in the Ocean City area.

I had a dream last night, I was eating a 10 pound marshmallow. I woke up this morning and the pillow was gone.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next