Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 01:01:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can You Believe This? Wow!!!  (Read 4939 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »

But if you don't want to do all the figuring

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/JianHuang.shtml

Scary part is... the math here looks like the state of NJ Boiler Operators Test I'm going to school for - ugh. I think for liability reasons, the Air Force (who is taking over our Navy Base in October) wants ENGINEERS not OPERATORS in the power plant - and my test is far from the hardest they are giving our guys. Exam date, July 17th, can't wait for that to be over with.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »

the AF has inferiority issues  grin .  they do have nice, shiny, planes.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
jimmy
House Bee

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2009, 05:19:24 PM »

John the air force is taking over Lakehurst? What about the navy schools there? Spent alot of time there in1968.

About the thrill seekers ,I saw a doc. on tv about some of the emerency people who have to make the calls ,like EMS,sheriffs, fire dept. and other rescue teams starting to charge the thrill seeker ( if they live) for rescuing them . Taking the tax burden off of the normal folks for their abnormal idears.   my 2 cents
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »

Taking the tax burden off of the normal folks for their abnormal idears.   my 2 cents

problem is, the govt is deciding what is an "abnormal" idea.  someone who lives in the city, might think it's abnormal for me to go into the mountains with my horse.  i think it's abnormal to ride a bicycle on a street made for cars.  i think it's really abnormal for those city folks to climb my mountain to commune with nature and end up at the bottom of a hole somewhere.

we pay taxes so that the services will be there when we need them.  if we are going to pay fees for the service, then the taxes should be done away with and we'll only pay for stuff as we use it.  one or the other, but  not both!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2009, 11:44:38 PM »

About NAVY LAKEHURST, it will indeed be owned and operated by MCGUIRE Air Force in October, lock, stock and barrel. As will FORT DIX ARMY BASE - the three will form the first MEGA BASE in the world. It is THREE continuous properties that are connected except for a small highway (rt. 539) which will have a bridge built over it to move tanks from Fort Dix to a whole new storage area in Lakehurst.

Meanwhile, the Air Force has extended one major runway and will be also re-activating our massive runway at the test department where we have TWO full scale working air craft carrier launch platforms (I make the steam to launch the jets and test the launch valves from all the carriers around the world).

The Navy will still function (supposedly with little change) but under the Air Force's thumb. I really don't know what the future of all this will bring, I'm happy to be around another decade to retire - steam catapult launch equipment will be in use for at least 30 to 40 years - at Lakehurst we have the only Electro-magnetic Assisted Launch facility, so far it isn't working as planned and you cannot fit the steam cats in the bays of the carriers being built under the assumption the EMALS will work. This is stopping carrier production in its tracks.

Steam has been successful WITHOUT FAIL for more than 6 decades - no planes have every been lost to steam cat failure, ever. But, Electro-mag is what they want and for 4 years I have watched it NOT even launch a toaster yet - the facility is only a few hundred yards from my building.

Lots of Changes Coming, but basically you will have (likely) three main gates leading into the MEGA BASE - Lord help us, none of them can keep their own operations in order, imagine when the Army and Navy have to explain funding issues to a CO from the Air Force - the high ranking rep from the AF came to our steam plant, she had no idea what we do, and honestly little to know concept of what gets a plane off the ship, into the air and catches it safely (BTW) we make the arresting cables here too at Lakehurst. Personally, I think it will be a logistical nightmare for years and years to come.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Highlandsfreedom
House Bee

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 04:38:12 AM »

NFW!! Hmm, didn't show em landing.. huh  Looked sorta like flying squirrels! My feet are firmly planted on the ground thank you very much..although people may argue that playing with thousands of stinging insects is crazy too  rolleyes J

They use shoots there at the verry end!!!

To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...
greenismycolor
House Bee

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »

That is what my flying dreams are like. Not sure I would ever have the guts to jump, but the flying must be absolutely GREAT!

Believe!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 11:13:51 AM »

the idea of combining the forces has been around for a long time.  most of us have thought it was a bad idea.  all the services have some redundant activities, but all have things that they do uniquely well.  there is also a lot of competition between the forces and the is a good thing.

they are combining school and i don't know  how that will work.  i did lots of joint services things with the army.  their standard of training was much lower.  it was what they needed to do their mission, but it was not what we expected from our people.  the Marines have a higher standard of physical fitness and weapons training that anyone outside of special forces.  navy pilots have different needs than AF pilots.

i hate to say it, but the one force that could be cut out completely and not missed, is the AF.  there is nothing they do that the other services don't already do.  they are often difficult to work with.  their field capabilities are almost non-existent.  take their bets pilots and mechanics and transfer them to the navy, get rid of their nutty general, and senior officers, all will be well and money will be saved.

Alexis de Tocqueville
jimmy
House Bee

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 11:34:16 AM »

John when I was there in 68 at " C " school for cats and gear, I spent quite a bit of time at the launch pad observing. One of my ole shipmates  was on  shore duty hesting the catapuls. I was an ABE-1 with lots of shipboard duty before becoming an instructor at NAS Millington,Tn. I did not retire from the navy in the traditional way ,I was injured in a plane crash, I don't go there much .
As for as the elotro-mag ,why try to change something that has proven it self over and over ? The Air Force was working on a shore based landing gear called BAUC 9 ( unsure of spelling)during my tenure.

Nice memory lane in this conservesation.
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 06:42:47 PM »

I work at an AF base.....Contract worker...pays good....
But, unfortunately, I have to agree with Kathy.....again!
 Theres way too many chiefs and not enuff indians....And, the decisions the top dogs make...well...... rolleyes
 And John....Hold on to your hat cuz you will probably get a taste of what i mean. However, you might see more funding for what you do...The AF is notorious for blowing money! But....what do I know....I'm only the lowly contract worker...But I do have a really good job!....I'm a junk man for the AF! Smiley

your friend,
john

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 02:18:31 AM »

Here in Washington state they combined Fort Lewis with next door McChord AFB in what they are calling combined forces management.  The Army and Air Force under one commander to better utilize the forces available in the event of invasion or deployment.  It's the new trend in Military Brain Trusts.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next