Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 30, 2014, 12:12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The story behind the red umbrella!!  (Read 1999 times)
annette
Galactic Bee

« on: February 13, 2009, 01:11:28 AM »

Thought I would share the reason behind the umbrella. Of course, it is not an umbrella, but a parasol.

Was diagnosed with melanoma on my ear about 7 years ago. Had to have it removed and had plastic surgery. Was told by the Doctors that I needed to stay out of the sun or else!! Since then I have gotten a clean bill of health and I always carry around something to shade my skin from the sun. I have had many different color parasols over the years and was taking a walk on the property where I keep my bees, when my friend asked if he could take my photo.

So I am never without my pretty parasols here in the summer where the sun beats down everyday for months and months.

Just wanted you all to know I wasn't Mary Poppins.

Annette rainbow sunflower
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 06:01:35 AM »

Ok, that explains the "umbrella". How about explaining that shirt next.... shocked

lau

Thank you annette.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »

i think it's cute.  i'd need a 3rd hand though!  have you seen those umbrella hats?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
okiequeenbee
New Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »

Annette, congratulations on having a clean bill of health.  I had a melanoma removed from my leg 4 years ago - looks like a shark bite.  Anyway, its pretty awesome to wake up everyday knowing that you get another day.  Glad to see you taking care of yourself, I will try to do better.
Have a great day and love your bees!

Today, I see Life as my eyes have never seen it before - and, OH, how they shine.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 01:28:18 PM »

Huh...and here I thought parasoul was the religious description for identical twins... grin

Keep hanging on to them umbrellas  tongue  Don't need to deal with that again!

I'm glad to hear about the continued clean bill of health!

Rick

Rick
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »

Annette, congrats on your health!  I like the parasol idea, specially where you are! I for one would love to see your "wardrobe" of parasols!!  What a pretty picture that would make all together!  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »

Annette, you need to take pictures with the different colored parasols, and each week change your avatar. I want!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 01:16:39 PM »

Congrats on the Clean Bill O'Health!
We've had several family members to go through the same thing.  Working long days in the hay fields can be rough.  We bathe in sunscreen now.
Love the Parasol!  And the shirt.  But especially you!  Keep up the great work. bee bee bee
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »

I like it Annette!!!
 I think its "HOT"!!! grin
your friend,
john

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »

i think it's cute.  i'd need a 3rd hand though!  have you seen those umbrella hats?

Yes I like those hats, but they squish down my hair to much (OH Vanity!!!)
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »

Congrats on the Clean Bill O'Health!
We've had several family members to go through the same thing.  Working long days in the hay fields can be rough.  We bathe in sunscreen now.
Love the Parasol!  And the shirt.  But especially you!  Keep up the great work. bee bee bee

Wow, that is very sweet of you. I am feeling the love very strong here!!!
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35:53 PM »

Annette, you need to take pictures with the different colored parasols, and each week change your avatar. I want!

...JP

I'll think about it!!!!!!!!! rainbow sunflower
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »

I like it Annette!!!
 I think its "HOT"!!! grin
your friend,
john

Kiss Kiss Kiss
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 12:38:27 PM »

Ok, that explains the "umbrella". How about explaining that shirt next.... shocked

lau

Thank you annette.

Wink Wink Wink
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »

Oh Annette, sharing is such a wonderful thing.  So glad that your health is good like that now, sweet and wonderful you.

What!!!  What!!! What!!!  What are you talking about? YOu said that you were worried about squishing your hair if you wore a hat.   I looked as closely as I could to your picture in your avitar.  What are you worried about about squishing your hair.  Your hair looks like mine, always in a ponytail.  What is there to squish, smiling, show us a picture of your poofy hair, I want proof, smiling, and that big, big, hee, hee.   Sweet girl, you have a most wonderful and awesomely great day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »

Oh Annette, sharing is such a wonderful thing.  So glad that your health is good like that now, sweet and wonderful you.

What!!!  What!!! What!!!  What are you talking about? YOu said that you were worried about squishing your hair if you wore a hat.   I looked as closely as I could to your picture in your avitar.  What are you worried about about squishing your hair.  Your hair looks like mine, always in a ponytail.  What is there to squish, smiling, show us a picture of your poofy hair, I want proof, smiling, and that big, big, hee, hee.   Sweet girl, you have a most wonderful and awesomely great day, health.  Cindi

Can't get away with anything with you. I mean't my bangs get squished down.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »

Oh Annette, you makka me smile, you are a sweet soul, and I love you  Kiss cheesy Smiley Smiley

You know that I have that watchful eye, I read things very carefully, and study the words of people, I am that strange one, remember?  You know that I am the weirdest of them all.

OK, now this is really weird.  When I typed the last two sentences in that last two sentence paragraph each sentence showed up on a different line.  Just the way the pagination works.

Now, when I looked back at what I typed, I see the beginning of both of the sentences showed up directly beneath each other.  Both sentences started out with these words "You know that".  How weird.

Now I wonder when I post this post if the pagination will remain the same and the two sentences will still be on separate lines with those three words directly on top of each other.  Oh my life is getting weird, smiling.  Have a great most wonderful day, life health.  Cindi

PS, to edit this.  So I see that the two sentences did not appear on the line one right after the other, the two sentences are carried on to flow on two lines.  Guess you would just plain and simply "have to have been there".  Ignore what I have said, it sounds too weird, smiling.....

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next