Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 03:29:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Rogersville TN!  (Read 957 times)
bigbike4
New Bee

Greeting from Pressmens Home

« on: February 08, 2009, 10:54:37 PM »

Am relatively new to TN but not to Beekeeping (use to keep bees back in PA).  I am a middle aged woman who enjoys the outdoors and will have a small orchard here in a few years.  Am always using honey and with the price of a 1 lb jar in the store it got me thinking about keeping bees again.  I know here in TN all hives must be registered with the state, but what I am not sure of is where to get packaged bees to start with.

I have 3 cats and a mixed hounddogpup.  Enjoy gardening and growing fruits, veggies and flowers.

Climb on board, strap your helmet on and lets go riding. Let me show you the America I know.  Pack lite, as we may be gone for a while
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:58:03 AM »

Welcome Aboard the Forum Smiley

Looks like you have all the forum software down (at least your profile section) I love seeing that in a new member!!!!

I think with plans for an orchard you are making a very logical choice in beekeeping - you will definitely get all questions answered here, I can only imagine the number of COMBINED years of experience here being in the many thousands - but every day oldtime beekeeps learn something or ponder a new question from a new beekeeper, it truly is amazing.

Again, best wishes and I DO wish to pack my bags someday and see this wonderfully blessed country - I like your signature line. Nice Job!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
1reb
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »

Hello and Welcome Bigbike4
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny 
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

Bigbike4.  Welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us and will again keep the bees.  You are under the spell for surely.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales and experiences and make some new friends.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have a wonderful and great day, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
jdpro5010
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »

Howdy and welcome aboard.  I wish you the best of luck in your beekeeping endeavours!
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 05:12:23 PM »

Welcome to you from another women beekeeper here in lovely Placerville California.  Good luck in getting started again. It sure helps that you have done this before, but many things have changed as you will find out from when you kept bees in the past. More challenges now.

Good to meet you
Annette
soilserf40
New Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 02:31:34 PM »

Try Brushy Mt. Bee Farm, they are just over the Tn. line in N.C., but you would have to pick them up there.

I think 3 # package is about $65.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next