Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 17, 2014, 08:12:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supreboost  (Read 534 times)
drone1952
New Bee

« on: February 09, 2009, 10:41:56 AM »

Dear Friends,
My   neighbour girl came from America to visit her family and bring me, a gift, same superboost from Pherotech.
Well sorry I bother  but I want to know is somebody of you did use this superboost and what is your opinion about this. I can use this in this period on year(It’s winter here in Romania).
I’ll appreciate your information.
George

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:06 PM »

Since nobody commented, I will.... rolleyes

I do not like the stuff on "principle". I try to keep my hives chemical free, use natural IPM methods, and let the bees do what they do. Superboost, beyond being way over "hyped" in my opinion, fools the bees into changing jobs, and forces them to concentrate in areas of production that they may not of done otherwise. Leaving open the possibility of all kinds of scenarios with detrimental consequences.

I see superboost as something made for the farmers and people getting pollination. People who after the pollination season, may care a tad less for the hive health than the actual beekeepers. And who knows how these extra pheromones will play into supercedure, hive behavior, etc.

I try to keep hives naturally. And this "fooling" the bees by added scents, does not cut it for me. To many chemicals, too many "tricks" and too much fluff in beekeeping today.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next