i had made some early splits last week and posted the method last week.
i checked them today as i was making more splits and found capped queen cells in them! woo hoo !!!!
looks like the little walk away splits are going to be a success!
these are 4 frame splits that i have started in my home made swarm traps, looks like my idea is working well.
after i prove the swarm traps work i will post details and photos.
i can get 4 swarm traps from 1 sheet of plywood and the cost is equal to 1 cardboard swarm trap that is available on commercial sites.
thanks to all who commented on the earlier split post.