Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 12, 2014, 08:14:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any truth to this guys claims  (Read 1502 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« on: February 03, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »

This was sent to me in an Email

The American ranchers have a point!

Subject: S. American beef @ Mcdonalds

THIS IS a GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND: HE SIGNED THE STATEMENT AND: INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the issues here. But to those of us whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best beef possible... This is frustrating.

This will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association American cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact felt.

Please pass it on. Just to add a note:

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's.

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what Americans deserve to eat.. Not beef from countries where quality is loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .... and those 300 send it to at l east ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can makea difference.. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.
ACAP Department of Animal Science
Texas a&M University
Phone (979) 845-3560
Fax (979) 862-3399
2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

So what do ya think

Keith
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

Go here
http://www.facesofag.com/the_information_age.shtml

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/f/foreignbeef.htm

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blmcds-beef.htm

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »

Urban Legend what do ya know.
Those are some informative websites that got posted thanks Jerry and Rast

Keith
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 06:10:29 AM »

Sad will make you think what you want to eat next time you get a craving fora bigmac.

"Semper Fi"
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 09:14:33 AM »

"If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .... and those 300 send it to at l east ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!"

Anytime I see this in an email, chain mail alarm bells go off and my credulity is suspended.

Rick
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:01:37 AM »

I knew keith13 was a trouble maker!  grin

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »

McDonalds uses beef?  Hmm...I always figured it for opossum.  Shows what I know.   afro

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »

No, then you'd have heard of the 'possum feed lots polluting the environment.

It is actually a mix of a little beef and ground earthworms. 

Rick
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 05:22:09 PM »

I knew keith13 was a trouble maker!  grin

I'm Busted
 jail banana devil I dunno

Keith
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »

Now I got to start a new topic evil.

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »

Every few years there are reports of Mc D's using sawdust in their meat.  Truth be told it's not sawdust, it's soy bean meal, it just looks and feels the same.  Mc D's can do that and still claim to be using pure beef because some archaic regulation of the FDA says soy bean meal is protien and by adding it to meat you are not changing the protein content.

They use the soy bean meal to prevent the patties from shrinking during cooking.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
lakeman
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 03:01:33 PM »

So whats new? as far back as the early 50's (for you youngsters, that was over 50 years ago, and before Macdonalds, and before burger king) the local grocers were very competitive with their prices, and a certain grocer in a certain city in Indiana (and probably all of the grocers) bought imported beef frozen in 50 pound cubes from Agentina, thawed it out, grind it up, put it in a tub, and mix in about 2 gallon of tap water, and mix it good (you can mix a lot of water into ground beef), and then sell it as hamburger, which back then sold for about 39 cents a pound.

I am my own biggest critic!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next