Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 04:41:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new power tool  (Read 1050 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: February 07, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »

so you know we bought this house.  it needed to be painted inside top to bottom.  i have had a wagner power painter/roller for a long time, but have never used it.  it was one of those deals "to good to pass up (said in deep male voice)" but never opened.

i decided to use the power roller.  it worked well, but it was heavy and a little messy.  it did cut my painting time way down! it took about 3 hours to put 2 coats of paint on a big living room.

still, my hand was swelling up from the carpel tunnel and i knew i wasn't going to get through the whole house before hubby returns, which was my goal.  i took the roller off, taped everything up and went at it with the sprayer.  THIS IS THE SECOND MOST FUN THING after the pneumatic nailer!!!!!

a few words of advice.  1.  when it says tighten connections with pliers, that is not a suggestion.  they are really serious.  2.  wear breathing protection.  3.  don't spend a lot of money getting your hair done before you paint. 

a lot will still have to be done by hand, but where i have already torn out the carpet, the place is getting sprayed with reclaimed paint from the metro recycle center and it's going to be WHITE!! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 02:09:07 PM »

Man I would just love to see some pictures!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »

i know...i am delinquent in the picture dept.  sorry....

don't think you want to see pictures of me covered in paint  smiley. how about an audio of when i found out the you really did need to tighten the connections with pliers??   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 08:07:07 PM »

I'm sure that would be quite good as well. Get all the paint from your hair?

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »

long hair and sprayed paint.  not a good mix!  i think i am gray enough to wear the white paint ok.  if not, i'll just be the goofy old(er) lady with paint in her hair  cool

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 10:32:58 PM »

4. Don't use your spectacles or reading glasses in place of safety goggles.

Thought those cataracs had gone on super high drive.....going blind by the second.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 12:38:30 PM »

3.  don't spend a lot of money getting your hair done before you paint.  

Oh Kathy, Kathy, Kathy.....why on earth didn't you get a picture?  I could use a really good laugh these days, I am thankin' my lucky stars I didn't have a picture of me the other day when I was doing some painting, hee, hee, smiling.  I really have conjured up some funnnneeee pictures of you, painting yor' lil' heart out, with that big swollen hand.  I am sorry that your hand got bothered by painting, that is a sorrowful thing.  Have a wonderful and most awesome day, life, attract great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »

the hand thing has been going on for years.  the pain seems preferable to the offered treatments  smiley

i have some pictures and as soon as i can find the usb cable to the camera i'll post them.  yes....i can pull the card, but finding the cable has now become a mission....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 11:32:52 AM »

Kathy, you go girl, get on that mission and find that cable, smiling, only when you have that spare moment in time (now when is that?  I haven't found it yet, hee, hee, smiling).  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next