Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 24, 2014, 01:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it me or are POPUPS and REDIRECTS getting smarter?  (Read 686 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: February 05, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »

I'm getting frustraited at so many sites on the web, I keep my browser popup blocker setting to medium (on high it just makes surfing near impossible having to manually allow everything to come through) but on medium, I'm clicking on a valid link, it takes me to a page, then up pops a different page that I need to use the back button to get out of OR when I close down the page, popups are staring at me.

This isn't EVERYWHERE, it is only some sites, but ones I visit regularly. So I doubt it is some ad/spy program that got through my McAfee.

Then the Youtube videos with banner ads you need to close to see the video without 1/3rd the video being covered by a semi transparent ad of one kind or another. Of course they also got smart at youtube and have a commercial follow a video you watch if you don't back out of it.

I find it doesn't matter which browser you use, they just keep getting harder and harder to surf around the crap that websites want you to be exposed to, and sometimes the material is NOT pleasant to view.

Are there any really smart 3rd party freeware programs that eliminate what appears to me as a new generation of ad spamming??

Does anyone else see these popups and redirects  I'm talking about? I guess finally someone figured out that 1) the most commercial time people will tolerate at a gulp is 30 seconds (as in watching TV shows on Network sites) and 2) someone has found a better more powerful way to annoy us using smarter technology.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »

Perhaps I don't go to the right places but with Mozilla Firefox I don't see this stuff.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:18:04 PM »

Im like Jerry, john...Im doing firefox too and done get these things your talking about

your friend,
john

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:55:24 AM »

I use firefox. I also have Vista, I hardly get a pop up, certainly dont get those 20 or 30 attacks that you can only kill by going into task manager and killing the web page that started them all.

John, you may have had some malware get through your firewall. Try Adaware or similar. If its as bad as you say, chances its spyware of some sort.
MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 07:03:25 AM »

Well Utube is bad for it , thats there advertising , they push it out to you , and yes they are getting smarter, they flag it as the webpage you requested. and they are pop unders, a whole different popper. They lie as the name suggests under your browser window. You may want to check for spyware though to be safe. I prefer spybot. And adaware together. one gets some the other g ets the rest. But spybot says taht there competitior lava soft is not compatable, it is ,, they just don't want you to use it. LOL

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next