Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 09:54:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deathwish  (Read 5921 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »

The scary part to me though is I know there are lots of people in the world who possess weapons and are not qualified or competent to operate them - but some of these people feel it necessary to bring them into their homes for protection or whatever they do with them, and end up blowing their foot or face off.

same could be said of many of the people behind the wheel of a car.

They are always loaded

because they are only expensive clubs if they are not   evil

reinbeau, if i ever come out your way i'll be sure to holler my way up the drive!!!   ninja

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »

They are always loaded

lau

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »

Great to see that we got some pistol packin MAMA'S. I know this lady that has a 45-70 pistol and knows how to use it.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »

The scary part to me though is I know there are lots of people in the world who possess weapons and are not qualified or competent to operate them - but some of these people feel it necessary to bring them into their homes for protection or whatever they do with them, and end up blowing their foot or face off.

same could be said of many of the people behind the wheel of a car.

They are always loaded

lau  So true! lau

reinbeau, if i ever come out your way i'll be sure to holler my way up the drive!!!   ninja

Better yet we can go shooting together!  We've got a great pit we go to up in Southern Maine, it'll be a blast!

In all seriousness, that AR isn't a good home defense rifle, you'd be shooting through walls.  Those of you with 12 gauges are better off, we watched a show where they went through various guns and rounds and the 12 gauge loaded with 00 or #6 was considered the best all around.  The pellets were stopped by a single wall for the most part, only a few made it through to the next wall.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »

someday i intend to jump out of a plane.  i think i'll wait until i'm almost dead, though.  then if i splat or die of a heart attack i will not have lost much time.   yippie chick

Kathy, now this is kind of funny.  The other day one of my Nephews asked me what thing I would like to do before I am too old, smiling, hee, hee, that I haven't done before.

My first thought was skydive, I told this to him.  He told me that that was exactly what he thought I would say.  I think that I would really like to do that, but not just before I am dead.  If I liked it, I would want to do it many more times before I say goodbye to this ol' world  cool Smiley Smiley Smiley  Have a great, most wonderfully lovely day, Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »

As far as the airplane thing goes, I'm with Highway in Heartbreak Ridge - but I won't be enjoying the view!

1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »

i made sure all three of my daughters can shoot.  my oldest has my old .22 rifle i bought when i was 13 but she likes to carry her mothers glock,  my middle daughter uses an ak  and the youngest has my old 410 i dont know how much she uses it but she knows how.
annete i agree with the other posters,  guns are common enough in this country that it would be a good idea to take the lessons just so you know what to do if you happen across one that has been left out.
and it is a lot of fun

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

i think the hard part is jumping out of the plane.  after that, it would be a wonderful feeling i'm guessing.  

dope on a rope is as far as i go until later in life.....  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2009, 11:28:09 AM »

I bungee jumped once and the first thought that crossed my mind was "oh crap I just killed myself" it wasn't until I felt the rope start to stretch did I enjoy it. I guess I would have the same feeling if I jumped out the plane until my chute opened I would probably panic.

Keith
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »

In all seriousness, that AR isn't a good home defense rifle, you'd be shooting through walls.  

This is true. With some guns, rifles and ammo you need to know what else you will be hitting when you shoot what you are aiming at.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »

Mine also. Just the sound of jacking a round will scare the bad guy away

Note to self, do not try to steal from jerry or reinbeau.  I think just seeing that would make me run away.

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »

Great to see that we got some pistol packin MAMA'S. I know this lady that has a 45-70 pistol and knows how to use it.

Here come the Judge.  410/45 cal pistol.  the 45-70 is the base round for the 410 shotgun and will also shoot the 45 long colt and 45 S&W (Schofield).  I have some 45-70 brass loaded with #4 buck for my 410.  I would like to get me a Judge Pistol.

I pack anyone of 8 different guns depending on where I'm going and how I'm dressed.  I can carry a S&W 9mm with 4 16 round clips = 1 in the chamber (49 rounds) when I'm going to the ghetto.  Or a Tuarus 85 lite weight 5 shot 38 spl.  I also have a 22Mag SA revolver, 2 32 acp autos, a Colt Marshal wheelgun, a Browing 380 DBA (for dress up), and 2 more 9mm's. 
I have 2 rules; 1. If I'm dressed I'm armed and 2. I always carry at least one extra clip or speed loader, 2 is better.
For Home defense I have a Mossberg 500 with 18 inch riot barrel and 00 buck.  I want to get some of those 3 inch rounds that have a large round ball like a slug and 4-6 smaller buckshot packed around it. 
 John, you're right, if a person isn't confortable with a gun, they shouldn't pack one.  We keep hearing about people (Sports Stars, etc) who start packing a gun with little or no knowledge and they end up shooting themselves or someone else out of stupidity.

Here's a thought: According to FBI stats if is estimated that at least one out of every 20 people has a Cancealed Carry License and carry a pistol of some kind.  These are people who have cleared police background checks, taken training, and refuse to be a victim.  Every time a serious crime occurs more citizens apply for CCL's.  Here in Skagit County this past fall a local man went on a rampage and killed a Deputy Sheriff and 6 other people and wounded 4 more.  The local Police agencies fielded a combined request for more than 100 CCL's as a result.

Where do killers on a rampage go?  High Target, low defense sites aka gun free zones:  Malls (some defense), Schools [Colombine, Virginia Tech], Hospitals, Churches, and Government buildings [Post Offices, etc].  Every gun free zone is a target rich environment without peril for the person on a rampage.  They often have 15-20 minutes of target practice before the police can respond.  If Government and other leaders were really concerned about our safety there wouldn't be those restrictions because the more people that are armed, the greater the danger to the criminal. 

The Police have no obligation (legal or implied) to protect anyone and they can even refuse to investigate crimes, all without recourse.  That comes from 4 seperate US Supreme Court Decisions.

In the State of Washington it is spelled out in the Constitution that a person has a right to openly carry a firearm.  The key word is openly, if you don't carry it openly you need a CCL.  I do it both ways, but carrying openly can be a hassle as it is surprising how many police officers and lawyers don't know the law.

I'll get off my  soapbox  now.

edited to correct typos.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 11:36:00 PM by Brian D. Bray » Logged

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2009, 11:06:28 PM »

when i drive from oregon to washington, i pull my gun out and put it on the seat in plain sight.  even so, i know if i get pulled over, i'll get pulled out of the car....  i'd rather piss off a cop than get caught unprepared by a nut case.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »

when i drive from oregon to washington, i pull my gun out and put it on the seat in plain sight.  even so, i know if i get pulled over, i'll get pulled out of the car....  i'd rather piss off a cop than get caught unprepared by a nut case.

Kathy, you should just get your out of state cpl for Washington.  It's easier to get than the Oregon one since you don't have to take a class.  Just go to the Clark County Law Enforcement Center in Vancouver and apply.  Pretty simple.  I kind of liked how Oregon requires a pistol safety course to get your CPL, but Washington doesn't have to.  And be careful, you won't just piss off a cop, you'll go to jail.  My friend who's a cop for the city of Fife explained to me that even with a CPL, you can not have your pistol in plain sight while in your car.  If the gun is loaded, it must be on your person.  It can not be in your glove box, center consul, under the seat, or in plain sight.  If it's not on your person, the mag and ammo must be stored in a separate location and the weapon locked.  The law makes no sense and is just more weird red tape.

Brian, you mentioned the "Open Carry" law here in Washington?  It really doesn't exist any more.  It sort of does in the books and you would probably go to jail and have to fight it in court if you tried to open carry.  My cop friend told me that the only place open carry is really legal in Washington is on your own property or out in the woods hunting, fishing, camping, whatever.  He said that he's brought in many people who were trying to carry openly in town who thought it was legal.  What the state says and what county and local ordinances say conflict.

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »

going to jail is on my bucket list.  when i go testify in my sons custody hearing, i am taking my toothbrush  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »

Oh, Kathy, they won't know what to do with you!  locked

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »

no they wouldn't.  this thing already has me so ticked off that it wouldn't take much....

unbelievable what judges can do with no regard for the law!

when this is done, i'll tell the whole story, but for now i'd do better to keep my mouth shut  smiley

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »

Brian, you mentioned the "Open Carry" law here in Washington?  It really doesn't exist any more.  It sort of does in the books and you would probably go to jail and have to fight it in court if you tried to open carry.  My cop friend told me that the only place open carry is really legal in Washington is on your own property or out in the woods hunting, fishing, camping, whatever.  He said that he's brought in many people who were trying to carry openly in town who thought it was legal.  What the state says and what county and local ordinances say conflict.

Sean Kelly

That's because the police are enforcing the concealed carry law, not the constitution of the state.  Please note that the police enforce, at their discression, the enacted laws of the state, county or municipality.  It is the Judge who is suppose to dismiss the case once the appropriate section of the state constitution is made known to the court.  Changing the constitution requires an action of both houses of the state legislature plus a popular vote.  To my knowledge no such action was taken to remove that portion of the constitution by amendment.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Sean Kelly
Field Bee

I Pick; Therefore I Grin

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »

That's because the police are enforcing the concealed carry law, not the constitution of the state.  Please note that the police enforce, at their discression, the enacted laws of the state, county or municipality.  It is the Judge who is suppose to dismiss the case once the appropriate section of the state constitution is made known to the court.  Changing the constitution requires an action of both houses of the state legislature plus a popular vote.  To my knowledge no such action was taken to remove that portion of the constitution by amendment.

I totally agree.  I personally wouldn't want to spend the time or money fighting something I could completely avoid just by putting my weapon in the hide-a-way pocket in my vest and keeping my CPL in my wallet.  Like I said, the law allowing it is there but there's so much red tape that's attached, making it nearly impossible to do so.

Now I've found that some smaller towns here in Washington don't seem to mind open carry, especially if they are known for their outdoor sports.  Like Darrington.  I've been out fly fishing on the Sauk river or creeks that run into it and needed to run into town with my Taurus still attached to my hip.  No one said a thing, cops or citizens.

Its kind of sad, I remember when I was a little kid seeing people packing openly all the time.  Now its all hidden away.  Seems like there's more crime these days too.

Check out www.opencarry.org

Sean Kelly

"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »

Alright, so my neighbor, the same one that called code enforcement on me this spring greets me in my driveway yesterday evening. I thought, surely she is here to give me more sh..., crapola, about my bees visiting her pond but no.

She came to tell me that this past Monday night or Tuesday rather 2am, 6 vehicles were broken into.

I've had stuff walk over the yrs and I've even stopped a few crimes from happening, one involved two guys trying to steal a motorcycle last yr.

So, why does the penalty not fit the crime? I believe an eye for an eye. You get caught stealing, you lose a finger, next time, if there is a next time, you lose a hand.

You rape, you lose...

If the penalty is extreme you don't do the crime, right? Pretty simple right?

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next