Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 06:11:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just wondering...  (Read 1934 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: February 10, 2005, 10:45:14 PM »

Here in Texas we get commercials for vehicles such as "Bigger in Texas, better in a Dodge" Or how about "Ford, Built Texas tough. " And a few others I'm sure.

The question.... is the vehicle commercials in your state oriented to your state or do you have to endure these same Texas oriented commercials?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 10:52:40 PM »

no here in illinois are ford says "built ford tough" and doge is "grab life by the horns".

Ryan Horn
Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 12:05:42 AM »

The things you ponder! LOL

Never heard a texas commercial - or a Georgia commercial. I would imagine it's ONLY a texas thing. Texas is big on BEING BIG, and being tough. As the saying goes - everything in texas is bigger. They just use that to make their special commercials. Georgia doesn't have anything like that - anything special. People here grow peanuts and cotton....... the fact they grow peanuts in massive amounts doesn't make for anything useful in a commercial.

Although it could be useful in a gas relief commercial - it's just not a possitive thing. Smiley

Beth

indypartridge
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 06:55:00 AM »

I work for General Motors. You are correct - Texas gets special attention when it comes to selling trucks. Something like 1 out of every 4 Pickup trucks sold in America is sold in Texas. That's the major reason Toyota chose Texas as the location of its plant when it began building full-sized trucks. That's why Ford builds a special "King Ranch" edition of its trucks -targeted specifically for Texas buyers. Each year truck makers look at the Texas State Fair as a competition for having the biggest, glitziest truck display. No other State Fair or State gets the attention that Texas does!
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »

thats really cool.

Ryan Horn
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 08:43:59 AM »

Are you saying not everyone has a pick-up?Huh  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Jay
House Bee

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 10:46:40 AM »

Calm down Jerry, I don't think that's possible!! I think what they're saying is that some people choose to have a second vehicle that's not a pick-up. Though I can't see why!!:lol:  cheesy

By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson
Horns Pure Honey
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 12:51:02 AM »

We buy trucks, they sell better

Ryan Horn
Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 08:23:53 AM »

I used to have a truck - a Ford. It was old, and the paint was peeling, but I loved the power that thing had. Now I drive an SUV (Ford Explorer), and it's really held up wonderfully, but it's just doesn't have the power or heaviness that I like to have in a vehicle. I also get to drive my father-in-law's Ford F-150 king cab (newer, and a beautiful dark green). I'm allowed to drive it anytime I want...... but I can't afford the gas for it to use everyday.

My favorite truck was a very old ford. I can't remember the year, but I looked over the internet, and it must have been made in the 1950-something. It was what I'd call a "fat" truck, light creamy green, with a wide front and bulging wheel wells. We got that truck for free (original engine), and after sitting for 2 years it started right up only needing a little brake fluid. That beast did anything and everything we asked it to. Smiley

Sadly though one of my worst vehicles was also a ford - a Bronco. It broke down all the time, and just never acted right.

Beth

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 10:12:55 AM »

A broken Bronc?

Jerry

Beth Kirkley
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 06:44:05 PM »

Yep.... it finally died completely and sits in our junk hole at the edge of the woods. It's become a home for many wasps now. I bought it used, and in two years it needed a clutch, had electrical problems, 4-wheel drive wasn't dependable, the arm on the back window broke & soon after the window broke....... and now the head gasket is shot. I hated that bronco.

Beth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next