Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: beesuit hood removal for washing.  (Read 942 times)

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
beesuit hood removal for washing.
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »
I have a Mann Lake full suit and have inspected it thoroughly to see if I could remove the hood so that I could wash the rest of the suit. Are there any secrets on how to remove the hood ?
Thanks
Mike

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
Re: beesuit hood removal for washing.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:27:17 PM »
you can wash the whole thing if it's like this.
http://www.mannlakeltd.com/infopage.asp?idPage=89

i have the jacket and i toss it in on the gentle cycle.  does fine.  i hang it to dry and it dries quickly.
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 03:30:44 PM »
Yes mine looks very similar.
I have always read not to wash the hood because of the screen mesh. You have done this more than a couple of times ? It did not harm the screen ?  This would be great. I only wish to wash it maybe twice a year.
Mike

Online kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
i have washed it a bunch.  i wash it by itself on the gentle cycle with the hood zipped around. 
.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
Is the mesh screen metal?  Just curious.  I need a new veil.  The one I have has a wire mesh and it rusted.  Only lasted two years.  I'm not very happy about that.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »
My hood mesh is not metal.

Offline malabarchillin

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 04:28:41 PM »
I just got it out of the washer. I did not look closely, but it looks like the screen is in great shape.
Thanks again.
Mike

Offline Patrick

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 02:59:30 PM »
I had had the zipper changed out on mine so I can zip it off for washing.  The problem I had when washing the hood was not wit the mesh but with the wire breaking through and getting all bent out of shape.
Cheers,
Patrick