Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 18, 2014, 11:43:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT TALENT DO YOU HAVE THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT  (Read 4167 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: January 22, 2009, 03:43:55 PM »

Seriously, all members have something they think they are good at, we should thare that with each other - something WE'VE never brought up!

Me... I play the recorder a 16th century wind instrument often played with chello or harpsicord. I am pretty good at it. I'll make a Video, since I just got a hair cut AND colored my hair Smiley I look sweet as suger JP - But you hget too close I think Anette will smack you good with her umbrella  whip

So what talent do you have, can you make videos, do you have cams - we'll show you how to make videos and host them on the web.

I'll Play my recorder for you now.... Let me start taping here - promise.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
bassman1977
"King Bee"
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »

Sheesh...that's a tough question.  I'll get back to you on that...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')
buzzbeejr
Josh
Youth Group
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

does being able to do almost any landing, anywhere, in any condition on the flight sim count?

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 05:55:38 PM »

I guess my best talent or skill is in Ultra low temp refrigeration and cryogenic refrigeration. There is not to many of us out there that do this type of work(craft). It helps to love what you do for work and get paid for it as well.  I also am a self proclaimed long distance shooter and I think I'm pretty good at that as well.  

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 06:21:51 PM »

OH geez  shocked 
Where to begin.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »

Let's keep it to only one Jerry - we don't need a 40 page post - lol.

Follow us on TWITTER

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 08:23:56 PM »

My wife says my sniffer is so good that I should have been a dog. I'm good at making animal noises and other useless noises. People say I have a wild imagination and that I am very creative, don't know if this is good or bad however.

I am a pretty good cook if I say so myself. Some here on this site say I have an uncanny ability to spot queens, I believe its because I have unbelievable patience when it comes to bees that is.

I am extremely good at procrastinating. I can keep a secret, is that a talent?

Ok, enough already, this feels weird.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:08 PM »

>>>>I look sweet as suger JP - But you hget too close I think Anette will smack you good with her umbrella<<<<

JP, watch out from the other direction, too. He's said to have a wicked swing with his parasol.   evil

I'm a mechanic. I have repaired hundreds of industrial machines the first time I saw one of it's kind. Without a manual. I just understand what should work and why it doesn't. I have repaired hundreds more over the phone, worldwide. They tell me the symptoms and I tell them what to adjust and how much.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Greg Peck
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »

Hey Dallas what kind of long distance shooting are you into. I was a Designated Marksman in the Corps. I love the long range stuff. Shot a perfect score in DM school. At the time I was the 8th in the history of the school to do it. But that was back in the good old days. I have not picked up a rifle in years.

Click to enlarge!

Click to enlarge!

"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »

Those are some cool pictures, I took the liberty to view the gallery. I am definitely a amateur compared to what you can do, I'm sure of that. Mainly we hang soda cans from a barb wire fence and a few grid patterend targets at different distances to mix it up a little. It keeps us in practice for hunting season.

annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:04:05 AM »

Seriously, all members have something they think they are good at, we should thare that with each other - something WE'VE never brought up!

Me... I play the recorder a 16th century wind instrument often played with chello or harpsicord. I am pretty good at it. I'll make a Video, since I just got a hair cut AND colored my hair Smiley I look sweet as suger JP - But you hget too close I think Anette will smack you good with her umbrella  whip

So what talent do you have, can you make videos, do you have cams - we'll show you how to make videos and host them on the web.

I'll Play my recorder for you now.... Let me start taping here - promise.

The umbrella is used for peace not violence and I wouldn't hurt a fly!!! (well maybe a spider!!) And I don't mind if JP gets close to you. Hee!! Hee!!

Can't wait to hear the recorder John. I learned to play a recorder in grade school (I think they made everyone play one) The only thing I can play on it now is twinkle, twinkle little star.

I do not have any special talents that I am aware of.

Annette rainbow sunflower
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 05:36:21 AM »

Now Ms Annette, you have many talents that you are just not aware of, one definitely being your creative abilities. Just look at the wonderful soaps and lotions you just recently created, that everyone here has been ranting about, myself included. And you have become quite the beekeeper as well Annette. And not to mention the powers you have when holding the red umbrella!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 11:41:58 AM »

Hmm, John, you have created a really weird thread, but it is a wonderful one. I think that many times the human does not give themselves enough credits for their fine abilities.  We don't like to talk too much about them, we are that shy thing, but we should all toot our horn, we all have special talents, probably just don't think they are talents.

My biggest talent that I think I have, if it can be called a talent is patience, along goes with patience comes an ability to stay focused on what to some people may seem the most mundane tasks.  I guess that is patience.  And creativity with designing gardens and growing flowers.  Now patience for many things I do not have and  I won't go into that.  I take my hat off to people that have patience for the things that I don't....

I can sit for hours and hours and hours, I would venture all the day long from sunrise to sunset, pulling weeds, I can also dig the earth for as long with a shovel, I can also throw rocks for as long with my arms, smiling.  I think this would come in the avenue of patience.  So that be me.  That be my most noticeable talent -- patience for strange things, and that list is long,  cool cheesy cheesy cheesy  Have a most wonderful day, love our lives that we are so fortunate to be a big part of, health attraction.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »

John said I could only list one. So I asked my wife about it. She started naming them off ans I said it had to be one. She thought about it for awhile and then said something I never paid much attention to.

She said I had this knack of seeing both sides of an issue/argument/dispute and then finding the truth somewhere in the middle.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 12:57:22 PM »

Now Ms Annette, you have many talents that you are just not aware of, one definitely being your creative abilities. Just look at the wonderful soaps and lotions you just recently created, that everyone here has been ranting about, myself included. And you have become quite the beekeeper as well Annette. And not to mention the powers you have when holding the red umbrella!

...JP
Well thanks JP, just did not see it like that.

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 01:41:11 PM »

I don't have many special talents, but my wife has one that I thought I'd mention.  She can perform magic tricks!  Well, one in particular, and that one is pretty specific....if you give her money, she can make it disappear!!!  grin

Oh well, back into the dog house with me....

(she's actually quite fiscally conservative, just a joke at her expense)

Rick
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »

I recorded my playing of my recorder last night and will upload it to youtube today sometime. It is a short compilation of classical and jazz songs, only a few minutes short.

My very good Tenor Recorder is at the other home, really beautiful looking and sounding, I'll get that next trip there.

I also have an Alto plastic on (Yamaha) which has some beautiful tonal quality, I'll try them all INCLUDING the classic elementary 5th grader recorder we all played, unless of school had toilet paper and hair comb instruments - lol.

I also vantriloquise pretty good, but laughingly cannot show my wife cause I always break up - I think I'll video it and show her how talented he hubby really is Smiley

JERRYMAC: of course you can tell us all your hidden talents, keeping it to one might be a struggle. I'm just looing for the one suprizing thing that blows everyone away and I think we all have something powerful in us to share.

Follow us on TWITTER

Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 07:38:55 PM »

Oh John, I want to hear you playing your recorder so badly, let us know as soon as you have uploaded to the site.

Do you guys remember Clegs?  I am pretty sure that he is the one that videotaped his playing the acordian (before I say this, I should check, wrong information is wrong, hold on.....checking.....).yes, it was Clegs!  Go and watch his video!!!   A young man with lots and lots of gumption!!!   I take my hat off to anyone that has the guts to videotape/audiotape, etc. themselves, to show the world their talent!!!  I am serious, my hat off to ya!!!  Go, John, go.

Clegs hasn't made any posts since December 23 last, wonder where he is.  Actually, there are quite a few members that I think about that haven't been around for awhile, I miss these ones that I remember and think about now and then.  Ooops, me bad, off topic, as usual.  Sorries. 

Jerry, tell us ALL your talents, I want to hear them, and I bet others would love to too, blow your horn!!!  Work friends, show us your talents, tell us your talents, we have that right to speak highly of ourselves, we are all worth it!!!  Have a wonderful and most awesome day, love our life, live our love of life, attract health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »

Clegs has not been in for a while,but we have Nate who has entertained us a few times on ventrilo with his banjo playing. Quite nice indeed!
Greg Peck
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »

Dallas, sounds like fun. I remember before I went into the Corps being very happy with myself for being able to hit a deer sized target at 100 yards with a scope. Then I went into the Corps and was shooting upper body sized targets at 500 meters with open sights. Then I went to DM school and was shooting 1 foot square targets at 800 meters with a scope. It all came from thousands or rounds down range and good schools and instructors.   Here are the  targets  from back in 99ish when I shot the perfect score for qualification. The 800 meter target I no longer have. Another guy shot a perfect score at the same time and he had a 2/10s of an inch tighter group during a night shoot so he got “top gun” for the class. I think it was crap to use a night shoot to break the tie. Sad  I dont know if this is really a talent but at least I get to tell some one about it.  yippie chick

This is a 100 meter cold bore 4 shot group. You have to adjust for a cold barrel for the first few shots.

Click to enlarge!

This was the 100 meter night shoot that cost me top gun

Click to enlarge!

This is the head target which you have to shoot in the 6 inch circle. Different ranges from 100 to 500 meters.

Click to enlarge!

If anyone wants to see more of my military photos you can go to www.secondfast.com

"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next