Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 12:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Inaugaration day!  (Read 4210 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »

then they need to go get a job.  i have no sympathy for the chronically unemployed.  my neighbors kid got laid off and is looking for a job that pays him as much as he was making.  if it doesn't, he won't take it.  it's just crap.  he claims he has to many payment on stuff to take a lower paying job.  so...get rid of the stuff.  no sympathy from me for someone who collects to the end of (extended already) unemployment and then still complains that they have no work.

as a side note... the SR of O now has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation.  we also have the 2nd highest min. wage.  but no connection there, huh?  

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »

It must be nice to have a "do it and forget about it" mentality

i'm not sure that's it.  i suspect he thinks as i do.  if you do what you believe to be the right thing, you do not go back and beat yourself or others up about it later.  you make the best decision you can with the info you have.

As for Obama, there has been so much hype about what people think he's promised that he's in a no-win situation

this is my fear.  even though i disagree with him on many things, i disagree more with those in congress.  if he does not have the people behind him, he will not be able to bridle congress.  they are the real danger at the moment.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »

then they need to go get a job.  i have no sympathy for the chronically unemployed.  my neighbors kid got laid off and is looking for a job that pays him as much as he was making.  if it doesn't, he won't take it.  it's just crap.  he claims he has to many payment on stuff to take a lower paying job.  so...get rid of the stuff.  no sympathy from me for someone who collects to the end of (extended already) unemployment and then still complains that they have no work.

I hear you, my SIL is of the opinion that his minimum wage (expertise) is $30 hr and he won't accept anything less.  Needless to say he's been unemployed more than employed.  My daughter got fed up with and told him to hit the road.  I'm now supporting my daughter (while shes gets her teaching Certificate) and her 4 kids to the tune of $1200.00 a month on top of what it costs the wife and I.  Meanwhile he keeps looking for work and contributing nothing to their welfare.

as a side note... the SR of O now has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation.  we also have the 2nd highest min. wage.  but no connection there, huh?  

1st in minimum wage $9.12 hr, 1st in unemployment 14+% is Washington.  Thanks to Boeing downsizing, WaMu bank failure, and Microsoft hinting at layoffs (a new one, they've always been in a hiring mode up to now) besides the usually suspects in finance and manufacturing the problem will only continue to grow through 2009/

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
TwT
Senior Forum
Global Moderator
Galactic Bee

Ted

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 09:40:37 PM »

I know most on this forum are displeased , but I am not. Regardless of choice, I am truly astounded that very four years one of the world's most powerful nations can peacefully transfer power without violence. If nothing else, celebrate that!

some would suprise you that are displeased

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 YEARS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 02:15:58 AM »

It was on the TV here live. If you had a bet on certain outcomes, you could get up at 3am and watch it.

I watched the replay. Weird. A combination of Hollywood and Church. Some looked like they were going to a funeral, some a party.

The actual guts of the matter was very quick.

I was hoping for a bit of a decent flypast, but no dice! whats the deal there? I was not happy. Im guessing that it was a directive to play down any military show of strength.

I enjoyed playing spot the bulge with the overcoat guys.

It looked cold. It was way skewed in favour of black people or whatever you can call them nowdays IMO. Thats fair enough I spose.

Yes I agree, time to stop the talk and walk the walk.

I was heartened at Obamas reference to "building the highways and roads and infrastructure" etc. Imagine the cost of Iraq and the Stan plowed back into the economy? Theres your crisis solved in one action.

Now I have grown to like Ole George. I kinda liked his sense of humour. His face always said to me "Look Im busting to talk to you like I would If I wasnt the President, but heres the official line...".

He looked pretty happy and relieved to be off the hook for the time being.

I dont think the worlds economy or any one elses is in crisis. Its all hype. Sure those people on welfare and 30 grand a year the banks loaned 400 grand to to buy a house are in the poo but with interest rates as low as yours and barely any inflation, some people must be doing well?

Lifes a cycle, jus have to live long enough for the next turn.

bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 08:30:11 AM »

Miss Kathy,you are my hero a d several more on here who dont have your gift for words. Thanks for always expressing my opinions in a way I never could.

to bee or not to bee
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 12:49:39 PM »

I enjoyed playing spot the bulge with the overcoat guys.

I thought people only did that at the ballet???  fishhit

grin

Rick
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 02:53:21 PM »

I know most on this forum are displeased , but I am not. Regardless of choice, I am truly astounded that very four years one of the world's most powerful nations can peacefully transfer power without violence. If nothing else, celebrate that!

some would suprise you that are displeased http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEc-nFULY8 

Well, he did say he was a mutt!  There actually is a large contingent of blacks in this country who aren't happy at all about Obama.

I didn't participate in the Obamagasm.  I wish him well, but he definitely wasn't my choice for President.  I'm just happy nothing bad has happened to him yet, I fear that - can you imagine what would happen in this country?  I pray for his safety!

Did anyone else note the irony in the former Grand Dragon of the KKK having a heart attack on the day a black American was inaugurated to the Presidency?

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »

I didn't participate in the Obamagasm.  I wish him well, but he definitely wasn't my choice for President.  I'm just happy nothing bad has happened to him yet, I fear that - can you imagine what would happen in this country?  I pray for his safety!

LOL On NPR this morning it was all quiet except I think there was the sound of people laying around smoking cigarettes...
My biggest problem isn't the man himself, its with the weirdness of the mainstream media.

I too really hope that He can inspire people and get the economy going.  After that...well, yes, there are a lot of policies that scare me.

I read a very crass quote on another site: "I hope for his success the same way that I hope a drunk driver gets home safe without causing a horrific accident."

Rick
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123249791178500439.html

this is pretty good.  i hope the left and press take some note because juan is dead on with this one.

Alexis de Tocqueville
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 05:05:47 PM »

The press is neither liberal or conservative. They are opportunists, and negative by its very nature. They will get back to attack mode, just give them time. The same press who applauded Clinton, assailed him by the end. The same press which said "Misssion Accomplished" stunt was the greatest presidential moment ever, attacked him by the end. Obama will enjoy a grace period like all presidents. The end will be dictated by many things, such as 9/11, war, the economy, falling down palne stairs, hostage situations and much more. I grow weary of this liberal media crap. They will be attacking, just a matter of when.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 05:34:55 PM »

sorry, the press is liberal. the majority are registered dems and the majority of their donations go to dems.  i agree that they are opportunists, but still liberal.  all that you say about clinton is true, but most took their time investigating the stories about him.  when a conservative does something bad, it's front page news.  a liberal?  it gets shoved to the back somewhere.  they repeat endlessly things like "honest mistake" when it comes to a dems misbehavior, but make (literally) a federal case out of bad behavior from a conservative.  they went after scooter libby, but never a word about the real story with armitage.  they never investigated in depth the story about plame and husband.  they accepted what they were told.

consider the difference in the way the treated palin and biden.  there is so much crap in bidens family that was never reported, yet they descended like a hoard on alaska trying to dig up stuff on palin.  when they didn't find things, they reported rumor.  not a word about bidens son and  his activities, but pages about palins pregnant daughter. 

they showed no interest in obamas associations in ill, and made excuses for rev wright.  instead, they went after mccains wife and her past addiction.

i agree that they will go after obama, but it will be because he makes them mad.  he will not show the proper appreciation for what they have done for him.  it will take some time. they don't want their creation to fail, so they will do their best for awhile to prop him up....if he needs it.

there are two reasons people don't recognize bias.  one is that they have been fed news this way for so long, it seems normal to them.  the other is that we do not teach kids to recognize it in stories.  i remember taking journalism classes where we took article after article and evaluated the writing.  one word can slant a story and the reader does not even realize it unless they know to look for bias.   

last, consider the NYT.  it has become nothing more than a liberal rag.  they no longer report news on the front page, they editorialize as a substitute.  FDR would have shut them down, thrown the editors in jail, and charged them with treason.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 07:12:11 PM »

The press is neither liberal or conservative. They are opportunists, and negative by its very nature.

I like that never heard it put that way. Although I do believe they lean left, to say they are opportunists hits the nail on the head

Keith
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »

sorry, the press is liberal.

Have to agree with Kathy on this too.  They may be opportunist, but they still slant left.   Just do a news search on the Ted Stevens and Rod Blagojevich scandals.   See how many of the articles headlines refer to Stevens as REPUBLICAN senator, while you'll struggle to find any that refer to Blago as DEMOCRAT governor.     Why would this be if they weren't trying to hoodwink the public to lean towards the democrats?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:42:46 AM by Robo » Logged

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 10:52:12 PM »

i agree that they will go after obama, but it will be because he makes them mad.  he will not show the proper appreciation for what they have done for him.  it will take some time. they don't want their creation to fail, so they will do their best for awhile to prop him up....if he needs it.

During the last Presidential election cycle it seemed that almost every cneterlist to extreme left faction decided that Obama was of a like mind.  So many factions have created in Obama an aminal that doesn't exist.  Each faction will soon begin (some already are) to see that their vision of Obama was nothing more than wishful thinking,  When that happens, the press being opportunists, will be among the first in tearing the man down. 

over the next 3 months I expect some very high handed actions from the Obama adminstration that will be excused by the media because he is still their star child, after that, as his various factions lose faith, they will turn and use what they previously excused to defile the man. 

The problem is that, as a Presidential Candidate, Obama has never difined himself, letting would be follows see in him what they wanted.  Now that he is in office he will begin to show his true colors, some will be admirable, and others near treasonist in use of administrative declarations and decrees and interreptation of the Constitution. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »

He already had to redo is inauguration huh. Seems he messed up the wording uh oh this might be a tough 4 years Wink

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 09:58:01 AM »

he didn't mess it up.  the CJ did.  not a big deal, but probably keeps nitpickers from ragging on him about it.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »

I agree not a big deal for Obama but the Yale grad would have be called stupid for the mistake

Keith
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 03:40:37 PM »

he didn't mess it up.  the CJ did.  not a big deal, but probably keeps nitpickers from ragging on him about it.

To get really nitpicky, the CJ said it wrong, Pres. O waited for him to correct it, which CJ did, the Pres. O said it wrong like CJ did the first time...

I thought it was humorous.  I always feel bad for the people up there...nerves must be jangling with a million people staring at them.  Can't say I blame anybody for what happened, doesn't change the oath for me.

Rick

Rick
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »

Last night on the news it was said O repeated the oath with the proper witnesses so no one would make a stink about him being sworn in incorrectly.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next