Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 22, 2014, 07:13:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT SHIFT WORKERS EAT  (Read 1226 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: January 17, 2009, 05:00:31 AM »

I just got done at 2:30am with a tunafish on a toasted everything bagle. I'd just as soon have Spagati for breakfast than eggs and home fries.

Oh.... Now that I got your attention: MY coworker came in with a tv dinner tonight, I looked lightly at the box, I enjoy the health info, but what got me was, it was a Turkey dinner, with potatoes only ( $.79 cent special ) On the label it stated: Partical turkey, folloed by 91 spices, or chemicals. or preservatives.

I literally took the one thing I use all the time from my late Father-in-law, his 7 power jewelers loop. So it was watching the label from the TV dinner in super high def: I counted them all: 91
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 01:56:37 AM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:32:21 PM »

JOhn, well, ya certainly got my attention, and it was the title of your post, remember me? I am the one that always makes posts to tell people to make subject lines that catch people's attention, it works. 

Imagine that, tuna bagel at 2:30 in the morning.  You sound like me.  When Ken and I go out for breakfast, (even though it is probably still breakfast time), I prefer to order a lunch thingy, like a burger and greasy fries, gravy, anything like that.  So, good, eat stuff anytime you want to, doesn't matter if it is tuna sandwhich or whatever, in the middle of the night.  Right eh?  91 spices to make that turkey dinner go round, go figure.  Have a great and wonderful day, attract that great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 12:50:57 AM »

Well at least your choice was healthy, goodness only knows what really was in that turkey dinner. I mean what the heck, how can they put 91 ingredients into one tv dinner?
Frankly, I find that disturbing and I am very grateful that I have never eaten one or if I did it had to be when I was too young to remember.
They probably do make some that are healthier than what your co worker chose although I hear they are all very high in sodium.
Turkey particles, just thinking of it, turkey particles, so not appealing.
Did you tell him what was in his dinner or keep him in his ignorant bliss? If you told him, did he care?
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 02:18:54 AM »

HAHAH the jewellers loupe! I confess to going for the head band mag visor a bit lately to read the black on green size 6 type on the TV form guide.

91 preservatives, additives and chemicals. Thats insane. Be cheaper and probably healthier to mix a turkey stock cube with dirt and eat that!

When TV dinners first came to Oz around 1980, I worked at a function where McCains beef and veg dinner was served to everyone involved in the project, about 200 people.

About 90% came back untouched and I doubt its improved since.

Have you noticed that anything vaguely tasty thats pre packaged and requires microwaving, now has about 10 cooking steps? Change the power setting, take the cover off, stir, repeat by the time its cooked, you could have cooked anything from a steak to a sandwich in the 15 minutes taken for the bell to ring.

I confess to having an aldi lasange once every couple of months, its not bad. You still have to fiddle with power and the lid, but theres no mess. Thats why blokes eat em.

UNless this guy is the tea leaf you spoke of once John, you might have to donate some of your leftovers! Your lefties are better than my main meal!
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:43:43 AM »

[quote author=Natalie link=topic=19325Turkey particles, just thinking of it, turkey particles, so not appealing.  I bet Cindi has tons scattered around her poultry house! evil  It is scary to think that so many people eat that type of thing as staple diet...and many many grow their kids on foods like that..no wonder there are so many with allergies, behavior problems, obesity & the like.  Some very young children are getting diseases & complications that don't usually show up till later in adulthood.  Many won't live longer than their parents..I see it like CCD, only in humans... Cry  uh oh, I'm getting riled up.. soapbox Mick, you are right, at least the dirt has minerals & fiber..maybe even some turkey particles if from the right place! evil J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 10:55:20 PM »

I never did tell the coworker what he ate, it wouldn't have mattered.

See, I know there are a lot of nifty packaging and some good frozen food today - even dried stuff you steam most everything here now Mick in the microwave - in special pouches for every imaginable dish.

Typically, much improved over previous years meals. But I love to mix and match leftovers, take and not waste things I like because it has the same side dishes. Having 2 or 3 main things, potroast, meatloaf, anything - keep an assortment of potato fires and mashed and lots of rice and different veggies handy.

You can eat 4 days and not have any familiar meals Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »

Keep in mind too, that many regular foodstuffs have really weird names that sound like chemicals...guar gum, xantham gum, etc etc.  They are products derived from natural foods that have unique properties to food prep.

I think that if you saw a list of chemical names of the stuff that is produced by yeast and fungus in wine or cheese, it would be a bit nerve-wracking.

Rick
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 12:01:30 AM »

I wonder what a ""cow orker" is?  Smiling, anyone got some extrapolation to this, C."

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 02:00:33 AM »

Its tested on a rat one day and in food the next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next