Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 27, 2014, 04:38:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Affects  (Read 1579 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« on: January 15, 2009, 04:50:43 PM »

I'm sure you have all seen them on TV/movies. Some of them just drive me nuts. I think they should do some research into how things really work sometimes. Just this past week on a couple of different shows the character picks up something and knocks the door knob off the door and then kicks the door open. Knocking the knob off did nothing to help in kicking the door open, the latch was still where it always was, holding the door shut. But after knocking the knob off he/she could have unlatched it and entered without kicking it down.

Hot wiring cars. They reach up under the dash pull out a couple of wires and touch them together. Sometimes they touch them together a couple of times and you hear the starter turn over and then the car starts and they tie the two wires together.  shocked This would cause the starter to keep turning until it burned out and has nothing to do with the car running. There would have to be a couple of other wires tied together to get the ignition system working before the starter could have started the car. And then one has to wonder how the locked steering and gear shifter got unlocked.

I sometimes wonder about the bombs they have to disarm. I know with dynamite and C-4 they put in a detonator or blasting cap. Now when I was a kid I was watching some blasting going on and I found one of those detonators. This one was a little metal rod looking thing with two wires sticking out. I know you place this into the dynamite or C-4 and then there has to be an electric power source to hook the wires to. You can either touch the wires right to the power source or put on a switch of some sort. I had that thing for a long time wondering if it was ever going to go off  shocked

So here in this one show I was watching, there was this big pile of C-4. There were all sorts of wires and lights and gizmos and gadgets. Our heroes were trying to figure out which wire they could cut to disarm the thing.

I was wondering why they didn't pull the detonator out of the puddy looking stuff and move the C-4 away from them.

Hand cuffs. It is really easy to open hand cuffs with a paper clip or safety pin or sewing needle. I have done it. But that little chain between the cuffs is a high tensile steel. A soft lead bullet is not going to break it. 

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 04:54:18 PM »

Hot wiring cars. They reach up under the dash pull out a couple of wires and touch them together. Sometimes they touch them together a couple of times and you hear the starter turn over and then the car starts and they tie the two wires together.   This would cause the starter to keep turning until it burned out and has nothing to do with the car running. There would have to be a couple of other wires tied together to get the ignition system working before the starter could have started the car. And then one has to wonder how the locked steering and gear shifter got unlocked

24  smiley

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 04:56:06 PM »

The show 24? Haven't watched that since the 2nd season.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:07:11 PM »

jack wired an ignition in just that way on the monday show.  they all do it that way.  there must be some logical explanation?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »

And also, those wires are not just laying there. They are in bundles. They are in different configurations depending on the car. Some instances they are nowhere near where they show them on the screen. Some are connected to a switch box at the bottom of the steering column and go right out through the fire wall. A metal rod from the "Ignition switch" (where you put your key) moves a bunch of connectors in the switch box. The steering locking devise is beneath the steering wheel. You either have to take off the steering wheel and remove the locking plate, or somehow turn the key lock without a key.

It is more believable when they knock out the key thing and turn it with a screw driver.   

Jerry

Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:51:33 PM »

Well I thought all the effects in the old Godzilla movies was very believable. grin
Awesome quality.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »

I love how they NEVER turn on the lights at a TV Crime Scene - even long after the bodies are gone, you still see flashlights, the finger prints were taken from the light switch an hour ago, and we're still in a dark room.

I wonder sometimes are the battery companies spoconsoring the TV Crime Dramas - lol.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00:14 PM »

not to mention that the wires have nothing to do with unlocking the wheel so you can steer the car and most of em the switch is inside the steering colum cover and if you know which wires in the bundle to go for it.s just as easy to cut the hard lever and just push the switch.  but you still gotta get the lock turned to release the wheel,  i havent seen a car that had a through the dashboard key switch since the early 70's  i used to hotwire my mom's 71 ford pickup now and then

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »

Some of the older Fords and Mercurys with key cylinders in the steering column could be yanked out with a dent puller/slide hammer.  Then a pair of needle nose pliers could be used to start the car...but yes indeed the hot wiring example used by TV makes me laugh.  Perhaps the most comedy stems from the BS detector going off in your head.   lau 
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 06:30:02 PM »

I love how they NEVER turn on the lights at a TV Crime Scene -

Here is what I think. The flash light beam focuses your attention. I even did it once after looking for awhile for a small screw on the floor. (Eyeglass screw) I would move the light slowly around and sure enough there was the screw. Right where I had been glancing over the whole time.

Jerry

1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 12:51:49 PM »

and then there's macgyver lau

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
Greg Peck
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »

Jerry, good thing you never thought it would be fun to hook the little wires on your blasting cap up to a battery. They contain RDX and can definitely take your hand off. 

One of my favorite TV affects is the guy riding on a motorcycle shooting a hand gun with pinpoint accuracy. It just does not happen.  Or when a car crashes and an explosion occurs which blows up half the city.

"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 11:22:11 PM »

Jerry, good thing you never thought it would be fun to hook the little wires on your blasting cap up to a battery. They contain RDX and can definitely take your hand off. 

One of my favorite TV affects is the guy riding on a motorcycle shooting a hand gun with pinpoint accuracy. It just does not happen.  Or when a car crashes and an explosion occurs which blows up half the city.

Well you know what they say in Journalism:  "If it bleeds, it leads!"   

Movie makerss know that blood, gore, and mayhem is entertainment at it's best and the more BOOM the more MONEY they make.  ie 007

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 06:47:11 PM »

What kind of idiot do you think I am?

There is this other thing that drives me bonkers. Someone gets shot, cut, stabbed. They go to the Doctor and get sewed and bandaged up. And there is blood soaked through the new looking bandage.  huh

Jerry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next