Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oysters  (Read 6271 times)

Offline peskyfish

• New Bee
Re: Oysters
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2009, 06:09:07 PM »
Isn't true that you should only eat oysters in the months that end in ''R''? I love oysters!!! We have a place here in Redondo Beach CA that has about 20 different types, decisions decisions....I think the smaller the better...thats not what she said! ;)
To bee or not to bee?

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 12:55:58 AM »
Isn't true that you should only eat oysters in the months that end in ''R''? I love oysters!!! We have a place here in Redondo Beach CA that has about 20 different types, decisions decisions....I think the smaller the better...thats not what she said! ;)

You have it backwards, you don't eat oysters in the months with R in them.  R is the 1st letter in Red Tide, a toxic algae that has been known to kill people who eat shell fish contaminated with it.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »
brian pesky had it right only eat rabbits pork and oysters in the cooler months that end in r
vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »
brian pesky had it right only eat rabbits pork and oysters in the cooler months that end in r

I don't know about that I've killed and eaten rabbit, pork, and oysters in every month of the year and I'm still standing.  I also see you missed the joke on the letter R.  I guess I need to LOL statements like that as I've missed intended humor in the past myself when no smiley or LOL in appended.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 11:45:54 PM »
hey you guys! I heard that you werent posed to eat crawdads in the months that end in R....whats the deal on that, JP?
your friend,
john

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2009, 08:30:11 AM »
 I was always told that you only eat them in a month that had an R in it. During the hot part of the year they are milky and not very good. I still skip Sept.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2009, 08:41:43 AM »
I am only 10 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, I have s small seafood monger and 2 supermarkets who deal with the same quality boats. Literally, at most of your quality seafood - or fast seasfood turn around is always fresh and good. Any FISH runs from $5.95 to $14.95 at the monger, but GREAT PRICES especially about shrimp, fresh and saltwater fish, unique critters too.

I would eat more seafood if my wife woulf come up to bat and eat her fairshare. She'll by 1.5 - 1.75 lbs of fillets of scrod for me and also for her. Now, Tracey may eat a nice broiled in extra virgin and fresh cracked big chunks of peppercorn. Uner a broiler and cooked very moist.

Notice Jerry you can say saltwater again - lol. I fixed a few :)

BUT TO THE POINT: I would love to try every REAL APPITIZER  or MEAL on Earth - minus (and I hate to sound bigotted) 3rd world countries.

I will taste anything, I won't love everything - but I bet a find LOTS of NEW FAVORITE things to eat!!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.