Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 04:01:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oysters  (Read 4906 times)
rast
Field Bee

« on: January 15, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »

As I was setting here shucking and eating, I wondered how many others here eat oysters, raw or otherwise. I have to fix em Rockefeller on the grill for my wife. As long as they are out of the shell, I haven't found an oyster I didn't like.

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:30:20 PM »

There are certain textures of food I can't handle. That is just about every shell fish in the sea.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:39:55 PM »

Raw oysters in the shell, baked potato skins with chives and sour creme, and a couple long island iced teas, were my diet staples for several years. Oh the memories of bourbon street....  cheer

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »

I like O\ysters...and mussels!!
Raw oysters,...with Franks hot sauce!!!!
Sometimes I dont like the grit that gets in my teeth...as a matter of fact, the grit makes me feel like my brain is shifting!! But, luckily, Its rare to get sand...I have to get them in a little tub so theyve been rinsed, i guess!
your friend,
john

rast
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »

Raw oysters in the shell, baked potato skins with chives and sour creme, and a couple long island iced teas, were my diet staples for several years. Oh the memories of bourbon street....  cheer
I also, the memoriies of Bourbon St. The upstairs balconies over it where you could sip the drink of your choice.........

--Paramahansa Yogananda
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »

I used to follow my Dad as he would wade along pulling a homemade floating wooden tub pulling up oysters and putting them in it. He would stop, sample one, shuck another one and hand it to me.

--Paramahansa Yogananda
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »

Burbon St., Crawfish, and Oysters!  I'm ready for Mardi Gras!!

Oysters, anyway you can fix'em I can eat'em!! Smiley  Just keep on shucking!! cool
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »

I used to eat oyster, mussels, and clams raw, right off the beach.  Raw Butter Clams have a taste of butter to them that disappears when they are cooked iin any way. 
I Have become lactose intolerant and one of my favorite dishes is clam and/or seafood chowder.  I now make mine using Coconut milk instead of cream or condensed cows milk and have to say it is even better with the Coconut milk, the secret is to thoroughly mixing the coconut milk and using a little water as possible.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »

Oysters, anyway you can fix'em I can eat'em!! Smiley  Just keep on shucking!! cool

Ok, now you hit the memories of the crawfish and oyster festivals. Not sure if I still have that teeshirt thats buried somewhere that said "Shuck em, suck em, eat em raw!" Or something like that... huh 

Nothing like sucking the head of a good crawfish.

Crawfish, red beans and rice, gallons of beer.... Yeah, the memories are in here somewhere... grin Most of the 80's are a blurr... cool

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »

I LOVE raw oysters! Shuck um and suck em off the shell. Hot sauce, cocktail sauce, lemon juice, saltines.....all fine if available. Oh yes, adult beverage of choice.

Steve

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »

I like em cooked a bit, usually in milk with butter and a little pepper.  Outstanding.  Oyster dressing is very fine too.  cheer

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »

Let's see, there's Acme oyster house for fried and halfshells, but Drago's in Fat City is the ticket for Oyster's Bienville or Rockafeller and the charbroiled ones are to die for!

I eat them raw but usually on a saltine cracker dipped in a concoction of horse radish and cocktail sauce with lemon.

The most desirable oyster is one that is super salty, expect to pay a premium when those are available, and those don't need any sauce!

Chase 'em down with an ice cold beer! Now that's living!

http://www.dragosrestaurant.com/

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 09:23:59 PM »

Ok, now you hit the memories of the crawfish and oyster festivals. Not sure if I still have that teeshirt thats buried somewhere that said "Shuck em, suck em, eat em raw!" Or something like that... huh 

Crawfish, red beans and rice, gallons of beer.... Yeah, the memories are in here somewhere... grin Most of the 80's are a blurr... cool

The 80's??  I was talking last year!!  I'm 55, the Wife is ....., and we've been for eight of the last ten years.  The advantage to being a Quad in a wheelchair is all the Gals keep giving you ......BEADS, yeah that's it Beads. Forty days to go and can't wait. LAISSEZ BON TEMP ROULE!!!
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »

The 80's??  I was talking last year!!  I'm 55, the Wife is ....., and we've been for eight of the last ten years.  The advantage to being a Quad in a wheelchair is all the Gals keep giving you ......BEADS, yeah that's it Beads. Forty days to go and can't wait. LAISSEZ BON TEMP ROULE!!!

55...  shocked  Man, now that's old.... grin

No it's been awhile for me. Most of my days are traveling around Europe. Something happened after I got married.....my life ended.. rolleyes

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »

55...  shocked  Man, now that's old.... grin

No it's been awhile for me. Most of my days are traveling around Europe. Something happened after I got married.....my life ended.. rolleyes

We had to wait for the Kids to get grown so we could party!!  All our younger years were spent trying to get three squares on the table.  Now look out!   Smiley cool
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »

[/quote]

Bjorn, it wasn't getting married..it's having kids!  HAB is right!! Chels is gonna be 16 so only a couple years of "legal" responsibility left..woo hoo!  J
 grin

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 11:54:15 PM »

Ha, ha, ha, ha.....now that is funnnneeeee.

Beeptail sauce....the words that the forum catcher catches.  Smiling.  Have that wonderful, most great day, life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 03:31:18 AM »

Tried one raw once, it was like sucking down someone elses snot. Smoked are nice, but they are all from Taiwan, god knows what they filter.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 04:55:12 AM »

I buy them shucked and iced in pint containers, sealed and dated from a California Shipper - found at my local Shoprite.

I They are huge and can be cut in three pieces each, I'll fully dry them on paper towel and then light flour with salt pepper and garlic power - followed by a light egg wash, then into panko bread crumb until they are very dry on the outside and then QUICKY deep fry in hot oil, don't let get golden, light brown is perfect.

Oh.... and it has to be TARTAR SAUCE none of the COCKTAIL SAUCE for me, NJ doesn't do Cocktail sauce Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
danno
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 08:19:14 AM »

Oysters on the half shell.  My Dad alway said eat um up son, they will make your sticker peck out. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next