Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 21, 2014, 05:28:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess all the billons going to Irqui, means no U.S. help.  (Read 1417 times)
Anonymous
« on: February 08, 2005, 08:37:33 PM »

Found this while surfing some sites. Thought that some of you may find it interesting. Aparently some of or Covert Opps guys are in need of gear that aids them in getting down and dirty with the enemy. These are the guys who are not on the front lines, they are WELL BEYOND THEM. These troops help to uphold security zones, airports, naval docs, airbases, food and equipment depots and keep the bad guys at bay when our troops are pinned down.

Adopt a Sniper http://americansnipers.org/

Wonder if it is real smiley
Ask you congress person to provide for the U. S. troops before giving another 80 billion to Iraqi.

Cheesy Al
Kirk-o
Queen Bee

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 09:57:14 PM »

You know I forgot why we are over there.Ah ahhh a o yeah I remeber to stop them from useing something they don't have.Well Bush spends 5 billon amonth over there have him cut the farmers budget a couple of million and the Veterans budget a couple more million then they will have enough money for them soilders
kirk-o

"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 08:36:03 AM »

Well when I was in the army it was the MP'S that guarded the airports docks and such. I really find it hard to believe that snipers are now assigned that job.
personally I think the site is a scam that is depending on Americans to give thinking they are supporting the troops.
 Cheesy Al
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 07:31:46 PM »

I see alot of you are wanting to support the troops, but seem to be afraid of scam sites and other things. Might I suggest the following.

http://adoptaplatoon.org

This is a non-profit organization that will let you "adopt" a soldier. You sign up to give support and they give you a soldier and his contact information. From there, you agree to write letters, and send the occasional care package.

I have been doing this for 3 years now. I have supported 6 different soldiers.  Last year, I supported a great sergeant who always wrote back and always thanked us for what we sent. Whenever I asked what he needed he would never say, until one day, he asked for a basketball for his company.  He said they had found a goal in the some garbage while cleaning out a bombed out school, but they couldn't find a ball anywhere. Off I went to Wal-mart, bought a football, a basketball and a frisbee, boxed them up and sent them over along with a disposable camera.  About 3 weeks later, I got the camera back. It was loaded with pictures. Every guy in the company had posed with either the football or basketball to say thanks.

I think this is a fantastic way to help out. You are directly in contact with a soldier and you know that they are receiving your support and they appreciate it so much.
Robo
Technical
Administrator
Galactic Bee

Beekeep On!

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 07:50:36 PM »

Amy,

Thanks for bringing this up.   Since you are relatively new to the forums,  I'll take the oppurtunity to let you know and remind everyone else, that we have a member  who is stationed in Iraq right now, Sgt. Tom

Before Christmas a few of us got together a sent some beekeeping books and some general use stuff to Sgt Tom. He really appreicated it and so did his troop for the stuff he shared.  

If anyone is interest, send me a PM and I'll give you his address.  You only pay for shipping to NY where his APO box is.  

Thanks for the reminder,  I've been meaning to send out another package.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next