Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 03:58:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XP drivers gone  (Read 1711 times)
wayne
House Bee

« on: January 08, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »

My computer says my CD driver is gone or corrupted. Both decks have stopped working and the computer won't recognise them.
 Is there an easy fix or do I need to reload the system? And how do I load a system with no driver for the CD?

I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 06:38:37 AM »

Do you have a restore point in system restore you can go back to?
Start:all programs:accessories:system tools:system restore
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 07:23:12 AM »

You should still  be able to boot from your WinXP CD, then choose the repair option
Shawn
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:34:48 PM »

Best is the restore point, second put in the xp disk and repair, third: look what kind of deck you have and find the drivers on the internet.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:27:30 PM »

if the computer boots up ok, go online and find the driver.  reinstall.  that is the first and easiest thing to do without risking losing stuff.  you can do a roll back as buzzbee suggested, but you will probably end up with problems again if you really do have corrupt drivers.  restart.

after you have reinstalled the drivers, if you still have problems, open the device manager.  delete your cd drives and then reboot your computer.  this will force the computer to find the drives and drivers in case it didn't like the reinstall of the drivers.

if that doesn't work, try the rollback, or repair.  you may also have damaged cd drives.  the computer does not think.  it gives you the error message closest to what is listed in it's error parameters. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »

If all the above don't work get a big hammer chop chop chop chop

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 09:31:47 AM »

Try this if your a brave man.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2084475_cddvd-drive-under-windows-xp.html

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »

many night spent thinking just that, irwin.  i usually find the problem at 3am on the 3rd all nighter and it turns out to be something simple that i missed early on.  that's why KISS is my motto....if only i'd remember to follow it!  sad

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
amymcg
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 09:37:23 PM »

BTW, I've had this problem before, and it turned out my drive was toast. . .   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next