Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 08:55:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I must protest  (Read 11206 times)
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »

Nuclear Weapons and other WMDs are no good to us on a domestic level. Not to a government gone bad or the folks against that government. What good would it do either side to nuke the other? These weapons are only good against foreign entities as a deterrent to keep them from launching the same against us. And let us not forget the only country that has used nukes against another country is us. No wonder others want them as a deterrent to us.

But somehow Beemaster thinks people like me would get a tank and along with a bunch of other free radicals with rocket launchers would hit the streets after hitting the bottle and go on some rampage shooting up what ever moves.  rolleyes 

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 02:35:06 PM »

Nuclear Weapons and other WMDs are no good to us on a domestic level. Not to a government gone bad or the folks against that government. What good would it do either side to nuke the other? These weapons are only good against foreign entities as a deterrent to keep them from launching the same against us. And let us not forget the only country that has used nukes against another country is us. No wonder others want them as a deterrent to us.

But somehow Beemaster thinks people like me would get a tank and along with a bunch of other free radicals with rocket launchers would hit the streets after hitting the bottle and go on some rampage shooting up what ever moves.  rolleyes 

Gotta tell ya Jerry if I had a tank I very well might go on a drunken Sunday afternoon ride.
I always think of the video of the guy who went on the joy ride out in California. Deep down inside of me I thought how much fun that would have been to do.

Keith
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »

Gotta tell ya Jerry if I had a tank I very well might go on a drunken Sunday afternoon ride.
I always think of the video of the guy who went on the joy ride out in California. Deep down inside of me I thought how much fun that would have been to do.

Didn't end too well for him  shocked

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »

gotta say if he had combat locked that tank he would still be driving. He was so close to getting off that wall. Well at least until the petro ran dry

Keith
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »

No it didn't end too well for him, but you gotta admit it would be fun!!  Maybe even blowing stuff up! (long as no one got hurt.) Just a fun little fantasy I'm sure has gone through everyones mind..Most people really wouldn't do anything like that but it is a nice thought just the same! J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 08:05:20 PM »

Today I had a real scare. We live in a very rural area,not like apartments or housing developments where all houses look the same.  About 1 pm a car came up the driveway, spewing gravel so I know that driver didn't know us cause they didn't know how to get up.  A man got out & came to the porch.  I don't answer the door if I don't know who it is, didn't recognize the car, there was a passanger.  He knocked rather forcefully. I went to the peephole to make sure I didn't know who it was.  Thank goodness all the doors were locked. He knocked more, then rattled the doorknob trying to see if it was open.  I got scared, then really angry.  I keep the guns locked up & didn't have the phone in my hand.  I crawled on the floor to the bedroom, got my trusty friend Kimber .45, the clip  & the phone.  The guy was still hanging & walking around the front of the house, knocking a couple more times. Our bedroom window is in the front but there is a fence & gate between the porch & window. Stayed low with both items in my hand, keeping  out of sight cause he was peering into the front window. Thank goodness we have gravel as I could hear him going to the back of the house, went onto the deck, tried the door there. Kept out of sight from the back windows as he was there a long time & I didn't want him to see me..woman alone makes a target.  Finally he went back to the front & peered in the window, I was hiding behind the piano ready to dial 911 so everything would be recorded in case he tried breaking in. You know, the info from me, the shouted warning to stop, go away, then my warning that I was armed, go away again, the events would be chronicled. Finally after about 10 minutes he went away.  We are having problems with Chels's mom, thought he might be serving legal crap but didn't have any papers in his hand. Wasn't the mailman, we don't have comcast..wasn't QWest truck or PSEnergy...he didn't knock nicely, you can tell. Didn't want to call 911 until there was a real threat to myself because then there would be a record that officers were called, the mom could and would use that against us & Chels.  I do know without a doubt that I was ready & able to stop him & his buddy from hurting me should it be necessary. It is amazing how many things click off in your mind in such a short time, what if's, like a checklist of what to do. It would take more time for the Pierce Co. Sheriff to get here than it would for them to kill or hurt me. The big drawback would be the mess in my house..BTW, my great watchdog was asleep under the piano..wagged her tail at me when I was hiding but she is deaf & half senile so didn't know there was anyone out there!  It wasn't anyone that I knew, too old to be any of Chels's friends & it was during school hours.  Still shaking & jumpy sorry the post is disjointed...my thoughts are not organized, I keep remembering little details like the "big collar" white shirt, dark blue cheap sportjacket, sort of looked like Dennis Leary, in the mid or late 40's, it's hard to tell, not grey though. Clean shaven, didn't notice any stubble..didn't get the licence # as they were parked behind my car I no way was I going to stand up & look out the window to get it!  There, I feel a bit better venting..now I am really angry cause my sense of safety has been violated, How dare someone try to get into my home!   thunder  J

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 08:55:34 PM »

your sense of safety may have been violated, but you had the means and the will to protect  yourself.  good for you.  don't know what kind of domestic crap you are going through, but i know that i am waiting for the barn to burn or something along those lines.  it does unsettle a person, but it keeps you on your toes.  sounds like you were ready.  way to go girl!! Jerry 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
doak
Super Bee

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:01 PM »

Not much to say.
Keep my guns, short and long.

This brandishing a pistol, that's crazy.
I never pull mine with out intent to fire, then and only then have I made up my mind to fire if pulled.
If some one comes at you with gun, knife, stick or what ever. While your standing there brandishing
your gun, you don't know how good he/she is with what ever they have.
Please do not expect me to fire a warning shot. When I fire I will know what I am firing at and I have already gave several verbal warnings.

I wish all who have and love their guns happy and safe shooting.
By the way . I load my own ammo, for hunting and target shooting, and self defense. :)doak
woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2009, 10:21:56 PM »

Not much to say.
Keep my guns, short and long.

I wish all who have and love their guns happy and safe shooting.
By the way . I load my own ammo, for hunting and target shooting, and self defense. :)doak
Reloading, almost as fun as beekeeping !! grin grin It's my "Other" hobby.

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
foxman
House Bee

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:58 PM »

In my opinion(take it for what its worth to you) some places have to many gun control laws.when i lived in cali my dog was attacked by the neighbors 3 pitbulls and luckily i wasnt the one who was home b/c the officer who came out later(way late 6 hours to travel 3 miles? luckily it wasnt a human being attacked) that i would have served time in juvie for shooting the neighbors dogs (and not due to the fact of there being houses in the area of the firearm being discharged)which i would have done.
P.S even w/ calis gun control laws anyone who was crazy enough to use a full auto weapon in a crime would either be an illegal or purchased the gun illegally in Mexico or through someone else. Just more proof that restricting ammo or gun sales does not work. THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS PEOPLE IS GUN CONTROL. LEARN IT, PRACTICE IT, USE IT WHEN NEEDED!!!!!!!!!
If a 17 year old gets this message you should to!

The most dangerous ideas are not those in which we disagree but those in which we all agree upon
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2009, 11:41:54 PM »

Carrying a concealed weapon is a deep responsibility, when you choose to do so you are not only deciding to provide your own protection but portection to a lot of other people as well, most of whom would faint to know you were carrying a gun.

I open carry on my own property, I talk to visitors all the time with my gun clearly visable.  I have the right to do so.  When off of my property I do take some effort to conceal, but just enough to conform to the definition of "concealed carry".   Most of the people I know well know I carry a gun, have a cane sword, and carry at least one knife with a 4 inch blade at all times.  you might call the knives throw aways.

I am ready, I let people know I'm ready, even though handicapped, and I go about my business unmolested, at least so far. 

If you plan to carry any kind of weapon, folding knife, club, mace, stun gun, etc, you should know how to use it and be in a frame of mind to use it when necessary, always.  If you don't have the mind set to use it you might as well give it to an assailtant and let him kill you with it.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2009, 12:54:03 AM »

I'm going to renew mine this week. Brian you are so right, the responsibility is so great. There was no brandishing going on this afternoon.  I was hunkered down w/3 clips facing the direction of the man, knew exactly where he was although out of his direct sight.  Funny, I could clearly hear each footstep in the gravel, his hands touching the windows...steps on the back deck.  I would have yelled a warning or 2 after calling 911 & would only have had to lean or move over a bit to the R to have  clear shots.  If he had continued into my house & towards me it would be the last thing he did. No doubt would have been some awful emotional things for me to handle.  Killing someone just isn't a good thing no matter how much they may deserve it.  I'm VERY thankful that he didn't persist.  I keep going over it but each scenario is 0.  Had it been someone we knew or a neighbor in trouble the attitude & movements would have been much different. The movements were sharpish, knocking agitated, not a friendly lets have coffee knock.  In an emergency he would have yelled "Help" or "Hey Jody/Bruce, open the door!" He wasn't bleeding, limping or broken.  He wouldn't have wiggled the door handle to see if the door was locked or peered in the windows going to the back door trying that too.  We owe no one $, haven't fought with anyone but the witch...maybe she sent someone over to have us flip out & call 911 so she could use it.  The police were here 3 times 3 years ago with Alex so she would have brought that up to force Chels to go back there. Kathy, you & your family are in my prayers...the unpredictability & vengeance of these custody fights are really scary.  I know my chix were better mothers than the witch.(with a B) I'm glad to be able to defend myself, although I will still keep weapons locked up. Chels is too flighty, hormonal & emotional so far to train to shoot.  Maybe when she is older...she didn't even know they were here till today. Love her dearly but wouldn't feel comfortable giving her access.  I 100% believe in my right to defend myself but also know that not everyone is equipped for the responsibility. It is comforting to know that I went onto autopilot, flipping out like a girl only after Bruce got home!!

mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2009, 02:38:06 AM »

Poka Bee, time to get some more dogs to keep the old one company, it wont mind, trust me.

I must protest....

sheeple

It's not the guns but the people that pull the trigger.

I was broken into once, while I was at home, sorta didnt believe it was happening until I heard the fly wire on the kitchen window being cut open, and the plates on the sink rattling. All I had was a cricket bat, not as good as a baseball bat, but not bad. It took me a second to get out of bed, get bat. It took me 5 seconds to run through the plan in my mind, if he or they were in the kitchen.

So door open, duck, move, light on, bat swinging where a head should be, me shouting, 2 seconds tops. Nothing but footsteps out the back. I did a scan of the back yard, whilst doing this, I heard a car start around the corner, followed the noise in my head, heard it turn at the roundabout, up an adjacent street, onto the main road, only 500 yards away as the crow flies.

Now I know If I had a gun, I would have had lots of em.

If guns were allowed here, I would have a stack. Sidearms and Assault Rifles would be me.

I would have waited till the crook/s were in the kitchen and then it would have been 2 seconds, no more crooks.

I dont think it would bother me. I am realistic, not Idealistic.

I would have gone to jail tho with the current thinking. I reckon I would have got off if we were a society of gun totin people. If we all had guns, the thinking would be along the lines of "stupid enough to break in, stupid enough to get shot".

If we were a society where you could have guns. Id have a BB gun (yes dallas stop having a heartatack, we cant even have them unless  you belong to a target shooting club) to shoot feral birds from the porch. I would love to do that. Feed sparrows to the dogs, save me 5 bucks a week and the dogs would have fun.

Then Id have on me, something that had a good stopping power and a big magazine. Id want to have the baddest thing that was available.

I know I would feel very safe if I was armed, een if everyone else was. As it stands, down here, it seems everyone carries a knife under 30.

All I know about dealing with knives is either run, and thats sorta out of the question, I aint as fast as I used to be. Or get in first, belt the living daylights outta the guy first if you can and hope for the best. Either option is not as good as having a dirty big gun on your hip for all to see and a few others tucked away. Im a great believer in having multiple guns on your person. Id actually carry a grenade or two if I could when on the train at night.

We have a terrible problem with Sudanese Youth here, who we stupidly took in on Humanitarian Grounds. Those that made the decision thought that you could re educate people who either by choice or design, carried AK47s at aged 9 and used them. Cutting throats at 11 and raping at 13. Lovely kids from poor broken homes that we have here now. Poor Sudanese my a*****.  I spose when you were used to death at such an age, a policeman from australia offering to send you to jail is a bonus, not a sentence.

Heres the latest example from my town.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-generic-blog/people-filthy-with-sunshine-bashers/20090226-8iir.html

Now if I was that poor kid being kicked, I could have run to the end and lobbed a grenade at them and problem solved.

Now I know you cant tar them all with the same brush, the ones I have spoken to are very polite, religious and all that. genuinely glad to have been saved. Ive aslo been in situations on my own and Im not stupid, felt the vibe and either moved or approached them first to out wit them for the few minutes it took for the train to arrive etc. Standing around and looking like a target is what most people do. The poor kid in that video looks Indian or similar to me, probably a migrant also, an easy target.

Good news is the Sudanese like these ones are idiots, didnt spot the 2 obvious cameras, the ones that are on the train and platform etc. They have them on about a dozen cams, clear as day. They will get 6 months in a Youth Training Centre if that. hard lives, poor babies. The leader of their own Community says deportation is the only thing they fear. But i they have taken out Citizenship, they cant be deported. if their poor mother cries, they cant be deported. If they are stressed, they cant be deported and on and on.

20 years ago when I was out on the town, it was safe. I spose my parents said the same thing. BUT there was not the drugs that we have today that half these nitwits are on. Random attacks were very rare, extremely rare. if someone got hurt, it wa someone they knew. Now its the other way around and getting worse.

Im told girls here carry cans of fly spray in their handbags as we dont have pepper sprays etc. Clever girls I reckon. My mother and sisters used to carry dirty big bloody carving knives in their handbags. They were doing it for years before I found out.

gmcharlie
House Bee

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »

I don't think your insane, if it was percieved that way,  my apoligies.  My comment was intended at your opinion  in this case....  All of have some of those at times.......   The NRA position like it or not is exactly correct.   Its a very slippery slope,  and politicians want to slide there way into control.... (look at AUS)   for example   1968  gun control act......  all purchased weapons must be signed for ..  on theoutset not totally unreasonable....  the paperwork stayed with a local dealer to ensure he wouldn't sell guns to the bad guys...  if bad guys lied on the form they were up against another charge....  now   Its called into the feds,  and your name and THE SERIAL NUMBER  are recorded........  and her in my lovely state of IL  you  MUST possses a Firearms owners identification card    in order tohave a weapon or ammunition......  its a typ4 felony..... which means having ammo  is without one   is actually more severe  than dealing crack in a school zone.....  SERIOUSLY...........   You can't even dream of telling me this is not a step to totaly control.....

Might also note that as of this morning  the annocment came they want to reinstate teh assult weapons ban in the US.... the logic?  not crimes commited  because thats not true...  the logic this time is that it will help  MEXICO's war on drugs......  I would say that falls under crimanaly insane myself.....

your right  the insane do vote,  just take a quick look at our entire house and senate as well as the president ( I have to agree neither canidate was viable)  and the current budjet!    only in USA can you fix a bad economy by going further into Debt
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2009, 09:27:13 AM »

Jody, so sorry this happened to you. I don't quite understand did you let the stranger know you were there, armed?

I'm getting you didn't from your story. What's to say the stranger won't come back if he didn't know you were there?

You need to do something now! Get another dog, alarm system, something to put the message out to this stranger in case he returns, which I really hope he doesn't.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »

mick and jp are right.  time for a new dog or two.  something with a nice temperament and deep bark  smiley.  one more thought.  i know you don't want to leave the guns out.  you might want to think about getting a comfortable shoulder holster  and carry all the time you are home.  just make it part of your getting dressed and undressed. 

it could have been a process server, or someone lost.  it could have been something else.  yes, you would feel bad if you shot someone, but it's a bad feeling to be a victim also....especially if you don't need to be.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »

JP, I didn't want him & his buddy to know I was home alone or give em any time to react to my warning should it become necessary.  Being a woman, your mind works differently. Almost always we are at the disadvantage in height, weight, arm reach & strength.  Avoiding any physical confrontation is always first in mind. Knowing an escape route for you & the kids, thinking about what the safest thing to do would be.  My location would be different had Chelsea been there,or at night as I know that bullets go through just about anything. walls, furniture.  Talk with your wives, we don't go places or act like men do. Always aware of surroundings, who or what doesn't belong. I'm not saying we can't be surprised. I thought the element of surprise would be the best route for my safety in this situation.  If he tried to crawl into the window, he would be at a disadvantage physically and mentally, he would be lower than I standing with a weapon aimed at his head. I would have seen any weapon in his hand whilst he was breaking in, thus giving me the OK to equalize our situation. If he had a weapon in his boot, pocket or waistband, he would have had to go for it from a precarious position hanging 1/2 in & out the window & trying to avoid shots. If I missed there were 7 more rounds & 2 more clips of 8.  Plenty to neutralize him & his buddy so I could get out. They would not be stacking our stuff in the trunk with shattered bones & bleeding to death. I know my house & property terrain, where I can get cover, what disadvantages they would have.  If it was a mistaken house identity, nothing lost, he went away on his own BUT if he knew for sure we have weapons he could come back with one of his own attempting to steal our guns or do whatever.  I didn't get the chance to get the license plate cause of the way the driveway is. No way was I going to go running out after the car. I wasn't going to threaten until I was positive he was actually gonna come in. Yes,we need another dog. Have been thinking of it for over a year now weighing the pros & cons now the decision has been made for us. The breeder won't have pups available for a few months. Training a few more, just barking is a great deterrant.  I won't attack train, obedience is all I feel you need.  If you have a well trained, controlled dog people don't know what else it has been trained to do. I want another Dobe, they are so smart & just the looks give people pause.  I have had 2 so know the breed very well best of all NO fluffy hair on the carpet!   J

woodchopper
House Bee

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2009, 12:16:15 PM »

and her in my lovely state of IL  you  MUST possses a Firearms owners identification card    in order tohave a weapon or ammunition......  its a typ4 felony..... which means having ammo  is without one   is actually more severe  than dealing crack in a school zone.....  SERIOUSLY...........   You can't even dream of telling me this is not a step to totaly control.....

Might also note that as of this morning  the annocment came they want to reinstate teh assult weapons ban in the US.... the logic?  not crimes commited  because thats not true...  the logic this time is that it will help  MEXICO's war on drugs..
Massachusetts is the same way. Very seldom do you ever hear of someone with a FID card or a carry permit ever getting into trouble here. When someone is arrested they are charged but let off with a slap on the wrist. Next thing you know our state government is using the facts about those same people to justify saddling us legal gun owners with new restrictions of some kind.
 Although another AWB would be political suicide for the Obama administration I wouldn't put it past them. I fear for this country if they ever try it. I can't imagine how badly people will rebel when they try to keep the government from taking their guns.

Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »

Guns don't kill people...burning hot bits of metal ripping through internal organs do!  rolleyes

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »

Guns don't kill people...burning hot bits of metal ripping through internal organs do!  rolleyes
But that only happens if a person causes the hot bits of metal to spew forth from the hot metal dispersing mechanism.

Or it falls from space.

Jerry

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next