Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 31, 2014, 06:11:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabin Fever  (Read 1873 times)
oldenglish
House Bee

« on: January 05, 2009, 02:28:04 PM »

In 13 yrs with my current employer I have only ever taken the full two weeks off at christmas once, that is until this year when it was pretty much mandated. I was not too concerned even knowing that after 3 days I might be getting a little cranky because I had plenty to do outside. Between needing to put up new fencing to finally putting in a garden to cutting down trees I figured no problem.....then the snow came. Too many days snowed in and not able to get out, nothing done outside the whole time, reruns of Monk & House driving me crazy.
Yesterday I snapped, drove down to Lowes bought a new door and replaced the broken one on the bathroom, only been busted for two years, lucky for me I am back at work today, another week at home and I might have thought about actually completing the master bath remodel Smiley

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »

And always remember,why do today what you can put off until tomorrow!!
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »

I have cabin fever big time. I am not one to ever stay in the house and am puttering around the yard whenever I can and being stuck inside is killing me.
I stare longingly out the window at my garden(that is buried in snow) and wish I could get out there.
We have a path dug to the chicken coops and I go out there to collect eggs and throw some scratch but that is the extent of my outdoor activities.I miss not being able to sit out in the yard by campfire.... I would probably even enjoy weeding right now.
If we just get over this hump we call January I will feel better.
rast
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 07:21:48 PM »

I can't imagine. I would go teetotal stark raving mad at being snowed in like that.

Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »

Natalie, I know how you feel!  We had snow & ice here for 2 weeks & I was going bonkers!  I didn't realize how much I dislike being in the house till I couldn't go outside!  It is much more fun to poke the bees, fiddle w/chix, torment the cow & goat than to mop & dust..UGH!  tongue When you clean the gutters, dig a hole, weed or mow the lawn you can see achievement for more than 30 seconds!  Hope your weather gets better.  We got up to 50 today,woo hoo!!  now threats of flooding from snow level rising, melting snow & rain.  Spring is just around the corner..days are getting longer! grin  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 02:03:03 PM »

Thank guys, Poka bee you are so right about the outside projects. I get so much satisfaction from the projects around the yard. You wash the dishes and there are dirty ones a minute later. You paint the fence, it stays painted, a sort of lasting satisfaction.
 It was warmer here yesterday and some of the snow melted away.
We had 2 days this week, monday and wednesday where they had to delay school for 2 hours while the sand and salt trucks went around the streets.
The ice was terrible and dangerous. So the kids get vacation then a half a day on Monday then another half day on wednesday.
They weren't too disappointed. Wink
Now I hear we are expecting more snow starting tomorrow night.
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 02:48:07 PM »

You guys do know about beer drinking? evil

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »

I agree with you KONASDAD  grin

"Semper Fi"
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »

If my kids haven't driven me to drink yet I doubt the snow will.
Actually I did decide to get some wine the other night for dinner, here is a funny story.
We had friends over for dinner the other night so I went to the package store to buy some wine.
Now I literally have not set foot in a package store in at least 10 years and when I did I got id'd, which I thought was funny.
So I go into the store and I see the women watching me the whole time and it made me uncomfortable but went about my business anyway and when I got within 2 feet from the counter she says I need your license you don't look old enough to even be in this store.
So I proceed to the counter and put my stuff down and when I went to take me license out she says hey I know that guy! It was a picture of my husband that she spotted. I said yeah well thats my husband.
She flipped out saying thats your husband, he could be your father! He is only 6 years older than me but he has been mistaken for my father at least 3 times. He absolutely hates that and does not see the humor in it that I do. grin
She knows my husband because he worked for Budweiser delivering beer for 15 years and that store was on his route.
I told her I was 41 years old and I have 2 children that are old enough to drink already.
How crazy is that? Especially when I am feeling sooooooooo old right now.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 05:48:29 PM »

Oh, poor Bill, he doesn't look that old!  And neither do you, Natalie, please, girl, you're a spring chicken!

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »

My husband is 5 years younger than me & most think we are the same age!  Isn't it a small world, it amazes me sometimes how people are connected! I used to drink more when Chels's brother used to come.  The lady @ the liquor store is sad now~! rolleyes  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 08:44:16 PM »

I know Ann, Bill hates it. I never thought he looked that old either but every so often people think I am his daughter.
The first time it happened we were out with all the kids having breakfast for Mother's day and the waitress said how great she thought he was to take the kids out and give mom a break.
I said I am the mom. She was so surprised and apologized but said that she thought I was his daughter too, and then the women sitting at the next table who had been cooing over the baby said oh my gosh we thought she was his daughter too.
Its happened a couple of more times since in different situations.

Just this past summer Bill dropped the kids off at summer day camp and had met a couple of the parents.
When I went with him to drop them off the next day another mother came over and said hi and then asked me if I was the one going on the mission trip to Ecuador. I was confused at first and then she said your dad here told me you were going but maybe its your sister.
So I said you mean my daughter? Then Bill moaned, this is my wife not my daughter, oh man, not again.
Of course she was embarrassed, but we told her not to worry about it.
I laughed about it all day to him, he was not amused.

Seriously though, I can't believe I am still getting asked for Id.

A couple of years ago my mother asked me to stop and get her cigarettes on the way to her house for a visit. I agreed to even though I hate getting them for anyone.
So anyway, I stop at the store and this older gentleman says are these for you and I say no my mom and he goes and asks me for an id.
I looked confused and then he said do you have a note from your mother? I said do you need to do that when you are 38 years old?
So then he looks confused. Then insists that I have to be 18 to purchase cigarettes and that he wouldn't sell them to me without a license, so of course I show it to him but boy did he look bewildered when he found out how old I was. He kept saying is this really you?
I'm like dude I am buying cigarettes not a gun for crying out loud.
Believe me, I am not complaining about looking young for my age but I seriously doubt that I look too young to purchase cigarettes or alcohol. I don't have a problem showing people the id though since it is their job and I had to do that alot when I worked as a waitress, I just find it really strange to have it happen at my age.
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »

I have three brothers, they all look older than me, even the youngest who is 7 years my junior.  When we're together I was always mistaken for the "baby" of the family yet I'm the 2nd oldest.  So I grew a beard, it's gray.  Now people think I'm the number 3 brother. 
My wife says She wishes I'd shave my beard as it makes me look 10 years older than I'd look otherwise.  I told her that was the point. 

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Natalie
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »

Brian, are you telling me I should grow a beard?  grin
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »

Good way to get a secure job with the Circus. pink elephant whip

I just love these new smiley's.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 02:24:11 PM »

Natalie, I knew as soon as I read your introduction about yourself some time ago, that you would also be that hoot and a hollar that make my day.  So many of my forum friends bring those wonderful smiles to my face, thank you for being you, and everyone else too, from the bottom of this heart.  Have a most wonderful and beautifully great day, life, and health.  Cindi

PS.  Brian B., where are those new smilies?  I don't see them anywhere and yes, dear sir, they are cool!!!

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »

where are those new smilies?  I don't see them anywhere and yes, dear sir, they are cool!!!

When you are replying to something there is the normal string of smilies up above the window you are typing in. At the end of that row of smilies is the word [more]. Click on it and another window will open up with a bunch of smilies.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »

Jerry, cool, thanks.  C.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next