Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 02:03:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The next minute I was 6 grand poorer  (Read 1068 times)
mick
Queen Bee

« on: January 05, 2009, 12:12:17 AM »

Dentist, how else!

I had decided to get the front top two crowned, they were at risk of snapping in half due to being very thin. Dont ever let your kids chew bones. Gnawing on bones is a man thing, its good, but does not pay off in the long run. I also knocked a chunk off it for Xmas, thanks Santa. So in I marched, 3 grand this will cost me, take a deep breath. Next thing its supersized to two root canals as well. I was told the nerves were dead, news to me.

Some of you will know I do not like these dentist types. So Im not happy, but what can you do. I was prepared to fork out for the best looking two top teeth on earth, and build on em over time. Might as well get my monies worth. Be buried with a mouth full of wasted money, put it on my grave stone.

But I kinda feel cheated on the root canals. "Proper foundation, lessen the risk of ...." bla bla, bend me over and whoops just remembered the new year manifesto from John grin

Im about to make very good friends with mr rice and mrs pasta for a few months Sad

BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:27:41 AM »

Is this close... grin

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1147/1229594458_4f45b07843.jpg?v=0

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:49:37 AM »

Mick, you could get gold crowns and then you won't have to worry about being being buried with wasted money, the undertaker will remove them prior to burial.

That is how a friend gets his dentures. The local undertaker has a box full of false teeth. My friend goes down ever so often and tries on some until he finds a set that fits. Saves lots of money. cheesy cheesy

Gets his glasses that way too!

Good Luck, Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »

Shucks, forget the crowns...go for the GRILLZ!!!!

Yeah, I've had a few root canals myself...although I'm in the $1500 range, not the $3000 range!  Or just do without...I did when I was 4 and they didn't grow in till I was 8, and now my 3 year old is doing the same thing! rolleyes  I suppose yours aren't going to grow back in  Cry

He banged them and they got absessed.  Because I had gone through the same thing I thought we'd ask a dentist how much it'd cost for root canals on those two little one-rooted teeth...I think it was $900 each!  Eeep!  He can just naw his corn on the cob with his side teeth for a few years Sad  He does have a cute crocodile grin now....

Rick

Rick
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »

Mick says: "John's NEW YEARS MANIFESTO"  Hmmmm??? I LIKE IT!!!!!  grin

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:52:42 PM »

Thankfully, I'm using the same Dental group (first I used the Father, now his Son) as I have for the past 50 years.  They did a root canal and crown for my stepson last year for a total of $900.00 with his insurance he was only out $60.00 plus change.
mick
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 02:41:49 AM »

Ah some good laughs there.

Its all a rip off. The root canals I am convinced are not necessary. Its like a builder saying "We can use these good 40 year old foundations for this new house, but imagine if there was some dodgy mortar that we cant see, and it all fell down in 10 years time, then how would you feel"? Its a psychological game. Both sow the seeds of fear.

Yesterday was $560 for removing the two nerves, 2 xrays, 1 plastic thing I bit on (cost $77 for that bit of plastic) and the general 70 buck rip off for "general examination". Once the nerves are gone, they have got you. I think its 2400 for the root canals and 3600 for the crowns, or the other way around.

I dont have health Insurance, luckily dont really get sick. had it for 20 years, never used it, gave it away. The now expelled Fascist Liberal Government, was persuaded by their greedy mates to make private health insurance more expensive if you join after the age of 25. Its a disgrace. Basically forcing the population into things they dont need at the time, so they dont pay more for them later when they dont need em. Say its 1000 a year for a 20 year old. Then its 1100 for a 30 year old, 1500/40, 2000/45, 2500/50 etc.

Downunder, the Government doenst dont think teeth are part of your body or involved in your health in any way and never has, so are not covered by medicare. Private health funds only pay an absolute and extreme 1500 a year and that would cost you 80 bucks a month. So you can see, they get you in the end no matter what you do.

My late Mother went without food so she could send the three of us to the dentist when we were kids. She had all her teeth out very young, as was the practice in the 30s-50s. She said food never tasted the same again. She asked me to promise her that I would always look after and keep my teeth, no matter what it took.

Thats one promise I could never break, no matter the cost.

I must admit, I do like the gold idea. Could pull em out at death melt em down and use them to pay for the funeral. I just dont like the idea of Gold teeth, looks creepy. Im going as white as I can without looking like some wacka on a soap. I plan to die broke and FORCE the government to bury me. I just like that idea.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »

Mick, well, what more can ya say, good luck.  I know the expense of dentistry, it is a cryin' shame in my eyes.  It makes me feel sick the money that sometimes must be spent on one's mouth, sometimes there is no choice.

Many years ago when I also was a monetary provider in our family, between my Husband's and my dental plans it paid for 100% everything.  That included crowns.  My Daughters, Husband and I had the most wonderfully kept teeth.  18 years later, we have no dental plan and have not had one for eight years.  He retired from Sony at 48 and we chose to take up fostering children full time, so no dental plans, period.  I understand fully what you are saying about footing the bill.

Rick, holy smoking cadoodal!!!  That is one fine looking young man you got standing beside those tall reeds, and I love his camouflage coat, cute, cute, cute, he blends right in....  I agree, he CAN just naw that corn on the cob, no need to get front teeth, they will come in when he is a little older, AND he will be just fine, I am sure there are far better places to spend money than front teeth.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, life, love our life and health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next