Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 11:21:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, I'll start, a big fatty around the campfire  (Read 5923 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« on: January 02, 2009, 11:30:16 AM »

OK John, that can of worms opened for you.  I will do it, got nuthin' to lose.  Mary Jane, beautiful.  I don't smoke that stuff, but am surrounded constantly by it, outside.....I do not care one hoot nor a hollar if it is around me.  And I actually don't mind if I smell it either, I kind of like that burnt smell, something nice about it.  Horses like the smell of pot, I know that too.  I do not  like the feeling of being high on it anymore.  Yes, I smoked tons of it many years ago, (now when was that, can barely remember).  Yes we are mostly adults, we can speak freely.  Marijuana -- I have done lots of research on it, I am informed.  It is extremely powerful stuff when it comes to relieving pain, very, very effective.  If anyone is in extreme pain, I would encourage them to immediately find a good dealer, or better still, go to their doctor and get a Rx for medicinal marijuana.  The marijuana obtained by a doctor's prescription is a particularly controlled substance and I would venture is the highest quality that can be purchased, clean, cut with nothing else, as is much of the pot nowadays.

Yes John, if your Mother would have been one that could have opened up her mind to pot not being just "dope", it could have taken her to a place where any pain that she was experiencing could have been diminished drastically.  But such is not the way with some people, it is dope, and they cannot see beyond that.  Period.  It is a cryin' shame.

I agree with what that person said about being in a safer position driving down the road with 10 smokers high than 10 drinkers drunk.  Neither should be on the road, but if I had to make a choice, that would be mine and I would make it.  Anyways, my thoughts here, probably a huge can of worms, I know many do not feel this way about any kind of mind alteration, be it alcohol, marijuana..........have a wonderful and most awesome day, life, and great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
reeegs22
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »

Cindi since the can is open.....
I agree with you 100%.  As of yesterday you can carry less than an ounce in Massachusetts and it is not a crime.  I think that maybe this is a start to the de-criminalization of marijuana. 
I have smoked plenty and as a recreational thing I think it is perfectly fine. However I find no sympathy or cause for the "Pot Heads" out there that smoke ALL the time, they just are out of touch with reality.  Believe me I dated one of those YUK talk about no motivation.
My boyfriend does not share the same view as me on this subject the most mind altering thing he ever chooses to do is called Budweiser.  I am fine with this and have refrained from smoking pot for the last 5 years, it just wasn't my thing anymore and not what I was into.  If it became legal I might be able to persuade myself to smoke occasionally.
Hahaha I know this is a sore subject for some and I am partial to both views.

smiley Mary
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

Since the can has been opened, here's my two cents. Warning, I'm about to sound really square but that's ok.

I rarely drink anymore and I haven't toked in about 25 yrs. Never really liked the green stuff, main reason, it is mind altering, but it also makes some people, particularly long term users very irritable and paranoid and I don't like being around people like that.

I prefer to live drug free and I choose to be around people who are drug free. Don't ask me to light up with you, I will decline.

Hugs not drugs and don't drink and drive, this keeps me outta trouble.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »

less dangerous than alcohol. Doesnt promote violence either which many other altering substances do.

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 12:47:50 PM »

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:48:29 PM »

JP, there is no such thing as square.  You are you, you do what you want to make yourself feel good, and if hugs are feel gooders, go for it man!!!  I think that is cool!!!  Just because someone doesn't do "drugs", doesn't make ya square, smiling, (we know that you are rather roundish!!!)  tongue tongue tongue grin .  I read that in that thread that was entitled something about "eating healthier"  evil Smiley   Have a wonderful and most awesome day, life, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 12:49:20 PM »

Jerry, excellent!!!  Cindi

asprince
Super Bee

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »

Let me jump in here. I have lived a very bland life. I have never smoked anything and rarely drink. I don't think I have missed much and would be fine to never take another drink of alcohol. But if I or anyone else were terminally ill and in pain, I would have no problem with marijuana or any other drug.

Steve 

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »

If we combined this thread, with the "spring is coming" thread, one may expect a really big turnout... grin

Blunts, mead, crazy naked people running through the beeyard getting stung......where do I sign up... shocked

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »

less dangerous than alcohol. Doesnt promote violence either which many other altering substances do.

Seth, I have seen a few long term users that are paranoid and violent. And I believe the pot is the cause for this.

Some drinkers are happy drunks some are violent.

I won't compare pot to alcohol, both have their issues.

...JP

and

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 09:35:12 AM »

I've smoked pot and don't like it it made me lazy and hungry. I don't care if adult's smoke it but I prefer my beer. It's the people that smoke it around the kids that make me mad. I've seen there kid's steal it take it to school and smoke it and sell it to there friend's. I have a friend that is a cop he told me that he arrested a 14 year old with pot. That took it from his parent's. Then he said that he has been dealing with this family for three generation's. So if we have a get together I don't care if any one wants to smoke the stuff I'll just have my beer and BS with every one. As long as there no kid's around to see the pot smoking. Never heard of a joint called a fatty guess I'm out of touch on the pot thing. I thought john was talking about a SBD gas passing.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 10:58:08 AM »

I think pot should be kept away form anyone under 21. I like my beer, and think no one should push their morals on another adult and if you want to consume something you should produce it yourself which I try very hard to do especially my drinks, veg., meat, bread, honey. I am as guilty as anyone on some snack foods  Smiley

"Semper Fi"
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »

I think pot should be kept away form anyone under 21. I like my beer, and think no one should push their morals on another adult

Isn't that what you just did? Is 21 the legal age of being an adult?

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 11:37:58 AM »

BjornBee, don't understant first question (I am not very smart  huh : )
As far as the legal age beeing 21 I thouth it was but I have seen some 18 year olds I considered adutls and some 41 year olds I wouldn't  Undecided

"Semper Fi"
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 12:23:51 PM »

As I mentioned in another post, did everything at least once, nothing now!!!  Carrot Juice anyone?Huh
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »

Hey.... I'm 54 going on 17  grin

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »

Hey Irwin you've heard of the Doobie brothers right?

...JP

and

poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »

As I mentioned in another post, did everything at least once, nothing now!!!  Carrot Juice anyone?Huh
As have I (except heroin or crack..saw others though..)so when I talk with Chels there isn't anything she could do that I haven't done the equivalent of, or worse!  I can speak from experience why something isn't a good idea! rolleyes  And YES Annette, I would love carrot juice! Wink  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »

Wow...At first I thought you were insulting me when I go camping... rolleyes

Then I was thinking about roasting a big juicy dripping sausage over the open flame.  Smiley

Oh no..you are actually referring to illegal mind-altering drugs!  Thanks, but no thanks.  Never tried it, only smelled it once. 

If like Irwin says it would make me lazy and hungry, then I'd be in a really big heap of trouble since I already have those 2 problems without any help rolleyes

Rick
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 06:50:52 PM »

Hey.... I'm 54 going on 17  grin

If they ask me how I'm feeling I say, "A Hundred and ten."
If they ask me my real Age I say, "sixty something."
And If they ask me act my age I'm thirteen.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next