Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 10:29:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, I'll start, a big fatty around the campfire  (Read 5904 times)
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »

JP, I would love to hear your story.  The thread has been started, there is no turning back, history.  Tell that tale, my dear ol' pal.  Have that great and most wonderful day, love life, live life, love health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »

JP, I would love to hear your story.  The thread has been started, there is no turning back, history.  Tell that tale, my dear ol' pal.  Have that great and most wonderful day, love life, live life, love health.  Cindi

Nah, that's alright Cindi, lets just move on, like you said, the party's over.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »

SmileySmileySmiley.

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2009, 05:47:41 PM »

cindi, debate is good for our old minds.  keeps them sharp.  never run from a debate...just make sure you can win!!   evil

to your point about the medicinal uses of pot.  i agree.  it has it's uses.  i'd love to be an official grower, but the security issues would probably be a nightmare.  + i hate to give the government another thing to tax.....

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2009, 07:05:01 PM »

Cindi:

Tracey has indeed commented rather negatively on this post (and the other one) stating it doesn't seem so family friendly a topic and I argued the points well explaining that hearing parents and members discussing a topic with so many points of view is a good thing. We can talk alcohol, a chemical process but not a natural one?

I do think though that the biggest LUNG problem is the intense heat that many people (mostly pipe smokers) subject themselves to. If using different cooling methods so ambient smoke entered the lungs, I doubt there would be hardly as much negative effect - just MHO.

I just don't know of any POTAHOLICS either, but I've worked with several alcoholics. People who smoke DON'T suffer withdraw, then can only get so buzzed and increase use usually decreases the effect. Never hear of a hangover either unless of course they were mixing the two and I think too much booze and weed makes for dizzying visuals that increase the alcohols effects. Anything that make you want to watch Ren and Stimpy or playing video games and eat cookies on the couch in your jamies can't be too bad for you.

I've never heard mentioned of Contradiction with other medications either, but everything I've ever been prescribed said DO NOT TAKE WITH ALCOHOL. I'm not supporting the use here, I'm just weighing one chemical against the other and I TOTALLY believe that ALCOHOL is the more evil of the two. Pot has needlessly filled our jails to the breaking point, to the point where hard drug dealers get reduced sentences because of no space is available for them, it's bass ackwards.

So don't worry about starting this post, not everyone has tried or uses, but I imagine everyone knows someone who uses or has used. And FRANKLY, unless you have tried it, I don't think you have a dog in this fight.

I think the most important thing is to be honest with your kids, this may sound easy to a guy with no kids - but remember I nearly raised a boy for 7 years - I was always honest about things with him, lying proved nothing.

About Potaholics, I know there are many smokers who enjoy it from "wake and bake" to "Steep and Sleep" but take it away from them after years of cronic years of use and they'll miss it but they won't go into the DTs or any other withdraw - none that I've ever heard of.

So I'll end my input, I just want to see it legalized for medical reasons, and not because I suffer seizures and glaucoma either  tongue but because there are people like my Mom who NO MATTER WHAT CLINICAL TRIALS KEEP SAYING people do get relieve from pain, are able to eat, enjoy life a little more, feel less depressed and all the other things that Cindi and others have mentioned.

The people I feel sorry for though are the poor guy or girl who deals with people they normally would have nothing to do with to get an ounce bag to last them a month or two, so they don't have to keep taking chance after chance just to have a relaxing evening with somethng that they morally are comfortable with. It usually ends up the being busted and the dealer gets away, so they lose their car in NJ and an ounce can be a felony if you had other paraphanalia with it.

Decriminalize it, or get it behind the counter at the drugstore like you do pseudo-ephedrin. Whatever it takes to get casual users out of jail and back to a productive place in society. What happens to people, how they can lose their jobs, family and freedom over something that 60% of the country agree should be at the very least decriminalized - I'm hoping that the LIBERAL CONGRESS finally decides to get off their butts, legalize it, tax the CRAP out of it and actually get the dealers off the streets and bring in unheard of revenue to get us out of this mess.

The argument is always QUALITY CONTROL - pill TCH versions really don't have the same effects, I don't believe for a second that pharacutical companies can't blend a series of strength as they do with every pill they pop out. Give it to the tobacco company, they sure can regulate the extra nicotine they pour in cigs, I'm sure they could create balance THC and still filter it and package it - let's get this ecconomy off the ground, and this could be one way to do it - borrowing against debt is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of, at least this make some kinda sense.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
hongsi
New Bee

jook fung

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 10:41:04 AM »

Kathyp asks how I know that Marijuana has not killed anyone.  I know the same way everybody knows, whereas there are wards in hospitals brimful of patients dying as a result of alcohol and or tobacco addiction there is not one person in hospital as a result of Marijuana use. Here in Canada and in the UK Cannabis in various forms are available by prescription for those who suffer from MS, Dementias as a result of Alzheimers or TBI, Chronic pain and many other disorders that Cannabis treats more effectively than anything available from the rip-off Pharmaceutical industry.  To this day nothing can keep a burn wound free from infection better than honey.  To this day nothing can give the relief to Alzheimers victims as effectively and without side effects as Cannabis does.  Cannabis does not have to be smoked.  Smoking Marijuana in reasonable ammounts does no significant damage to the lungs.  Studies have been available in Europe showing this for some time.  Also from Europe interestingly are the studies that show habitual pot users are safer drivers, but that for another day.   Studies do not necesarily prove anything to me since the study usually brings the results the sponsor is paying for. The stigma against Cannabis is strong and it is time for people to give their head a shake and take a new and moer objective view of things.  Do not turn your back on a common herb, easily grown, that can do more for some ailments and disorders than ANY thing else.

There will be a time when the old shall be new again  ovid
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 02:24:27 PM »

Hongsi, I was curious what Jook Fung is/means.  You are obviously Asian and this means something, please tell me what these two words mean, I would love to know.  I am that nosey type of person.

Now, I know when I don't understand something I google it on the internet.  When I googled these two words, these two items listed below are the first two links that came up:

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=18844.30

and

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=18940.0

These are two topics on our forum, I really am not understanding this one little bit.  I didn't know that googling something on the internet to take someone to a thread in a forum, it seems rather strange to me and I need understanding.  Have a wonderful, great day, life, and health as well.  Cindi

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 02:56:55 PM »

Hi Cindi:

Yep, the search engines check EVERY THREAD on fourms. You'll see down on the main page where members online is listed a SPIDER, Members and guests - well the spiders are the search engines doing their job.

Yes, it is amazing, the least little topic is found and listed in search engines and try typing a really funky word, something that makes no sense and has never been typed before - heck even toss numbers in it and soon you will find it in the engines.

That is why some longer topics have the ability to find their way to top page of an engine. I don't understand that stuff much myself, but using FAMILY FRIENDLY and commercial free has placed us on page 5 of Gooooogle searches for those terms. That isn't done intentionally, but it is an interest bit of trivia. A lot of people with no interest in beekeeping may find our site by looking for family friendly sites - and sometimes, maybe only one in a million, we spark a new beekeeper who never even searched beekeeping - interesting stuff.

So Spiders are search engines (pretty much all of have some spider ability) but surely Gooooogle and Yahoo are well known for their hitting every thread. Just thought you'd like to know, ps I'm writing from work, check back later Smiley

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »

hongsi, i was trying to encourage you to come up with an argument that would win converts.  just because everybody knows a thing, does not make that thing true.  doctors used to encourage people to smoke cigarettes to calm the nerves.  they used to encourage moderate drinking in pregnant woman to relieve stress.  people thought the earth was the center of the universe and flat....

"everybody knows" or "everybody does it" is not an argument.  it's an excuse for not doing the homework to make the argument.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »

John, thank you for attempting to clarify this for me.  But it still makes no sense.  Why would it put, for example, "Jook Fung" into a search engine, but then why not just a word that someone may put in their avitar profile.  Doesn't make sense to me, why a spider would think that "Jook Fung" should be linked.  It is too weird for me to comprehend.  Have a great day, health.  Cindi

1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 06:38:58 PM »

you want a scary one put your username in a big search engine sometime!  i have found sites i havent been on in years by doing just that

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2009, 06:41:55 PM »

1frozenhillbilly.  I am totally shocked!!!  I am not kidding.  Cindi

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »

So you finally found those pictures, Cindi?

jaw drop

Rick
hongsi
New Bee

jook fung

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »

Yes, Kathyp, the "everybody knows" argument does not necessarily prove anything. I agree, but by the same token it doesn't mean such a a basis is wrong from the out set.  Anecdotal evidence is the basis of all practiced medicine from the beginning of time and it has stood the test of time in many cultures. And again in all conscience where are the victims of Marijuana use? Victims of legal substances alcohol and tobacco clog the medical systems everywhere.  Do I need tests or studies to know this?  Do you?  I am not looking for converts to the use of Marijuana but I will always support the use of Cannabis to treat Alzheimers people.  And I believe it was the argument that finally carried the day for your own Oregon State health authority who were very opposed to the concept of medical Marijuana until the Alzheimers treatment was demonstrated.  They caved on the spot according to my sources. Why should anybody with such a miserable condition suffer one minute needlessly when such a simple and side effect free solution is so readily and inexpensively available.
Legalising Marijuana has nothing to do with quality and I am surprised you would see it from that perspective.  Legalising Marijuana puts it under government control rather than allowing the  criminal element to carry on an ever growing crime that supports larger criminal activities.  This argument is well presented by LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, whose theme is, prohibition never works.  The war on drugs is an utter failure.

There will be a time when the old shall be new again  ovid
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »

Hongsi: Welcome to the forum by the way, hope you are enjoying it.

I replied in length to a topic in Darkside Forum lately about LIFE elsewhere in the Universe. I was shocked that one responder was so closed minded to anything existing outside the Earth, even bubbling ooze a billion light years away, that I knew there was no point in furthering the conversation. I'd rather be an open minded day dreamer than a closed minded and unswayable person who KNOWS in his mind that THIS IS IT and NOTHING ELSE EXISTS out there.

We've talked how GREAT GUNS are and HOW BAD POT is lately, I swear this world is freakin upside down, I'm almost afraid of jumping into the air, because I'm afraid I may never land again, what I always thought made sense seems to be fiction or at best opinion of a damaged brain.

I've been very active lately, but my head is hurting from banging it aginst walls that others build and defend. We all have walls, but most us also have doors - doors are wonderful things, people can talk through them without having to be disected one line at a time. Time to lock my doors and hide behind the walls again for awhile, at least "there" things makes sense, if only to me. Vacation time.

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 09:35:36 PM »

Legalising Marijuana puts it under government control rather than allowing the  criminal element to carry on an ever growing crime that supports larger criminal activities

i am getting old and  i am to lazy to go back and look, but i think i said that i don't have a problem with the medicinal use of pot.  however, it has not worked as well in oregon as some would have you believe.  doctors selling perscriptions, growers out of hand, etc.  and i do have a problem with something being used as a medicine with no control on standardization.  it leaves the patient open to being taken advantage of with ditch weed, and sets a bad precedent.

legalizing it is another issue.  there has to be a better argument that "folks are going to do it anyway".  it should also be a states issue.  the federal government could take it off the controlled substance list, but states should decide how to control it.  in this country, some states sell liquor in state liquor stores.  some sell it in the grocery store.  there are still some places that are dry.  there needs to be some thought give to the who and where. 

if you make it leagal, but intend to tax it, will it be controlled by ATF?  and again, a legal substance sold in stores (in order to tax it) would have to meet some standards. 

none of these things are insurmountable, but none are ever discussed.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

I was shocked that one responder was so closed minded to anything existing outside the Earth, even bubbling ooze a billion light years away, that I knew there was no point in furthering the conversation.

Bubbling ooze? What bubbling ooze? I missed the part about bubbling ooze.

Got to have differing points of view or there is no need to argue, I mean discuss. NO that's debate. Well it is something.

I confess. I was once unloading my truck with this guy at a lumberyard where I delivered building material. He just suddenly disappeared. So after awhile I went to see where he went. Found him sucking on a reefer. Yeah sure I'll have a bit. I had never smoked much of the stuff.

The rest of the day went on forever. I thought I was never going to get done. No I wasn't going any slower than normal, it just seemed that way. Never did it again while driving. Never knew how anyone could.

Some people I knew that did the stuff all the time seemed to be a bit slower in the mental department. Was it the slowness that made them smoke or was it the smoke that made them slow?

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
1frozenhillbilly
House Bee

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 10:27:07 PM »

cindi i dont even remember where i heard about that,  but it was rather shocking to see just howmany forums i came up on by using 1fhb as a keyword,  just glad i dont go anyplace i wouldn't want my preacher to know about

vegetarian???  isnt green stuff for growing meat?
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 07:30:46 PM »

So you finally found those pictures, Cindi?

jaw drop

huh

Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 12:26:21 AM »

huh

I was amused by your shock at things found about you on the internet.

The first thing that popped into my mind was stories of people being haunted by indiscreet pictures taken ignorantly in their youth showing up in unexpected places embarassed rolleyes ....

...not that I think that you are that type, I'm just teasing....  tongue

Smiley

Rick
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next