Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 21, 2014, 02:14:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  
Poll
Question: If equally equiped or better, could you live exclusively with a laptop?  (Voting closed: January 21, 2009, 03:25:31 AM)
Yes, I use a laptop only now, love it totally and do not miss a desktop at all. - 6 (11.1%)
I use a laptop most of the time, but still like having a desktop to fall back on - 4 (7.4%)
with the price going down, everyone in the house can have their own laptop now. - 2 (3.7%)
I wouldn't own a lap top - I'll always have a desktop only. - 1 (1.9%)
I don't believe a laptop will ever surpass a desktop, so I'll need both or just a desktop. - 5 (9.3%)
I'm willing to spend the money to have a fully equiped laptop, and stay desktop free. - 2 (3.7%)
my laptop is my only computer, it could be updated but I will update it with another laptop. - 2 (3.7%)
laptops are good for travel and school but I want a desktop home. - 12 (22.2%)
You couldn't get me to own a laptop, it's like a giant PDA and nothing more. - 0 (0%)
My laptop does it all, if you buy the right one, you will never need anything else. - 6 (11.1%)
I ONLY HAVE USED DESKTOPS - but am interested in laptops. - 3 (5.6%)
I've only used Desktops and don't care to use a laptop at all. - 2 (3.7%)
I don't believe a laptop will ever be as good as a desktop. - 4 (7.4%)
If a laptop had a normal keyboard size, maybe I'd give one a try. - 1 (1.9%)
NO... laptops will never replace desktops, ever. - 3 (5.6%)
Yes... Laptops will be replace desktops everywhere and soon. - 1 (1.9%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Desktops going away like the VHS Recorders?  (Read 3181 times)
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 09:37:37 PM »

I see the dragon now!!!!
 have you ever had to take the computer in to be fixed? I bet THATS a real treat when they plug it in!

your friend,
john

MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 09:56:28 PM »

I see the dragon now!!!!
 have you ever had to take the computer in to be fixed? I bet THATS a real treat when they plug it in!

your friend,
john

I wouldn't trust anyone to work on it, I work for HP , and repair servers. I do all my own work.

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
dpence
Field Bee

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 01:01:30 AM »

John,
 To answer your question, I think eventually smaller sized computers will replace what we have now. Not necessarily laptops.  My work supplies me with a laptop for mobile uses and a desktop for my office.  I also have a desktop at home as does my wife.  It seems that convergence of technologies and personalization are what people want.  We want it all in the palm of our hands...is it possible?  Indeed, that seems to be the direction we are headed.  Just my .02

David       
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »

I had a book once that included some mods to the old Apple II motherboard.  The author wrote some new mods that would do the same thing through software and made the comment "I didn't realize how many people were afraid to take the top off of their computer.  I haven't seen the top to mine in years."  I laughed.  I've always been in the same boat until the new processors got so hot that leaving the cover off interfered too much with the cooling...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 10:57:51 PM »

I sit in front of a computer enough already without taking one with me everywhere I go.  Anyway I have my PDA and the fact is that 99% of what I need I can do from any web browser - If I can remember my passwords.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
MustbeeNuts
Field Bee

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »

I sit in front of a computer enough already without taking one with me everywhere I go.  Anyway I have my PDA and the fact is that 99% of what I need I can do from any web browser - If I can remember my passwords.

I put  them on  notepad and save in my documents incase I forget. LOL LOL

Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.
David LaFerney
Field Bee

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:18 AM »

I put  them on  notepad and save in my documents incase I forget. LOL LOL

I write them in a little notebook and velcro that to the bottom of....  where did I put that? shocked

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next