Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 26, 2014, 04:02:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for your consideration  (Read 694 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:06 AM »

http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/2008/12/30/news/top_story/151787.txt

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »

A true tradgey, surely.  But for murder one has to show intent or careless disregard (manslaughter).  The most I can see coming out of this would be an involuntary manslaughter by way of reckless endangerment.  But given the circumstances and emotions in the case, even that may be impossible.  Too often these days I see Cases being filed on the "There should be a law" impulse when it's later found there is no law to substaniate the alledged offense.
It'll be interesting to see what develops and what the rest of the story is.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:22:37 PM »

How horribly sad - but there's no murder there, just horrible negligence.  Stupidity, too.  That poor child.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »

this caught my attention because i have the X DIL from hell.  she married my oldest and more passive son.  my grandchildren were coming up for Christmas and because of our ice and snow storms, they were not allowed to fly on the designated day.  airline policy.  my x dil spent 15 minutes screaming at the ticket agent and my son spent hours looking for other options, etc.  the kids flew in a few days later.

i don't know the dynamics in this family, but i can see a man so warn down that he'd put aside judgment just to avoid another screaming  confrontation with the x.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next