Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 12:17:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good story in our local paper, the place raided is pretty close to me  (Read 1307 times)
oldenglish
House Bee

« on: December 30, 2008, 02:03:57 AM »

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/394053_honey30.asp

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 10:32:55 AM »

Thank's for the post. I didn't know that the united states imported that much honey.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
HAB
HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:48:40 AM »

Its a shame on our part that we can't stop ALL of this by DEMANDING inspections and high tariffs for ALL imported foods.  Its not like we're using it to build cars - ITS OUR FOOD for gosh sakes!!
Big John
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:02:27 PM »

Another reason not to buy anything that is not made or grown in the U.S.A.

"Semper Fi"
reeegs22
New Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »

All the more reason that knowing where you food comes from is increasingly more important to our health and safety.  The movement for growing and eating locally grown food needs to be larger.  Thanks for the article it was very eye opening.

smiley Mary
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 10:02:13 AM »

Its a shame on our part that we can't stop ALL of this by DEMANDING inspections and high tariffs for ALL imported foods

probably wouldn't work to well.  countries would retaliate by slapping high terrifs on our exports.

truth is, most  people don't think about where food comes from.  they think it magically appears in safeway!  as long as it doesn't cost to much, they are happy. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 12:18:12 PM »

Its a shame on our part that we can't stop ALL of this by DEMANDING inspections and high tariffs for ALL imported foods

probably wouldn't work to well.  countries would retaliate by slapping high terrifs on our exports.

truth is, most  people don't think about where food comes from.  they think it magically appears in safeway!  as long as it doesn't cost to much, they are happy. 

agreed.

High tariffs seemed/may have caused/contributed to this event. These companies wanted to increase prifits by cheating because the tariffs were in their opinions excessive.
I ponder if the high tariffs were the result of health conscerns or political conscerns,.

Thats why you should know your honey producer personnaly. I will be sending this link to my customers i think. they should know, yet another reason, to buy from me or you!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next