Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 02:42:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Israel /Hammas War  (Read 12186 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »

I'm beginning to think that TimV and Buchanan have a lot in common, both seem to want to see the end of the world,
Brian, I've noticed from posts here and on another section of this board that you just kind of write what every happens to be in your head at the moment. May I ask you educational background?

Timv what does it matter?  I think most people in the world would rather take the advice of someone who has done something once, rather than somebody that sat in a lecture hall and been told about something a thousand times by someone who read about it somewhere. Education is a valuable valuable commodity but to dismiss someone because they may have not had the same educational background reeks of left wing liberal elitism. I have come across quite a few highly educated idiots that have almost gotten someone injured or killed. You know who caught it everytime? The guy who has been doing it for years.  I think it was a line out of GOOD WILL HUNTING "you might have read about the roof of the Sistine Chapel but until you were there to experience the smell of the room the detail of the paint you haven't experienced it" To me that is education. When I first came out of college I knew how everything should work, it wasn't until years later I knew how everything actually worked.

Keith
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »

I'm beginning to think that TimV and Buchanan have a lot in common, both seem to want to see the end of the world,
Brian, I've noticed from posts here and on another section of this board that you just kind of write what every happens to be in your head at the moment. May I ask you educational background?
So TimV do you have to go to collage to have an opinion ? Some of us live in the real world and have gone to the school of hard knocks.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2009, 09:03:30 AM »

Regardless about how we all feel fishhit its not going to be fixed real soon (IMHO never) beat a dead horse.  We are here for beekeeping.  

I've got a BS in computer science so "11001001001110 you"! butt kick

Rick
TimV
House Bee

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2009, 09:37:58 AM »

So TimV do you have to go to collage to have an opinion ? Some of us live in the real world and have gone to the school of hard knocks.
No, I was thinking more the High School level, given the grammar, spelling, reasoning etc...

I have come across quite a few highly educated idiots that have almost gotten someone injured or killed.

Wouldn't know. Since finishing college a quarter century ago (in agriculture) I've got my contractors licence, managed a 50,000 acre ranch in South Africa, learned 6 languages and had 7 kids. I already had my NCAA Div. 1 All American award in wrestling, so I'd been around the world even before spending a decade in PNG and SA. We licensed arborists can get killed or injured more easily than most professions. What's yours?

Like Beemaster's post, this whole idea of policing the world, giving carte blanche to Israel which makes us even more hated, getting talked into the stupidest war in the history of the world etc...seems to me obviously daft.

Well, I'm glad Bush is out. I also don't know how we're ever going to get out from under what the big government, social liberal, foreign meddling neocons who did his thinking have done to my formerly conservative Christian country, and it steams me.

Seeing people in agriculture blindly swallowing the tripe that comes from Israeli black ops hurts too. "Hey, bulldoze them out to the sea! They're scum anyway and deserve it". "I swat mosquitoes too. Who cares that for every one ton of bombs Hamas lobs Israel has lobbed 200 tons. Israelis are people but Palestinians aren't".

I was really steamed up over Iraq. There was just no talking to apocalyptic Christians and FOX NEWS types. But this time I'm not so worked up, since we just don't have the money or power or influence anymore to do anything except prolong Israel's existence in it's current state for a while. All this talk I've seen here of genocide and ethnic cleansing isn't going to happen, no matter how bad certain people wish it would. It won't.

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »

Irwin some of the most intelligent people I have come across have the letters R.W.E.  behind their name I listen to them first

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »

i got the label....now i won't lose sleep trying to figure it out.

pseudo-intellectual

also don't know how we're ever going to get out from under what the big government, social liberal, foreign meddling neocons who did his thinking have done to my formerly conservative Christian country, and it steams me.

your country has not been conservative or christian for a very long. time.

we have had foreign meddling since the time of TJ.

we are off to a great start by electing the most liberal, biggest spender (so he promises), foreign meddler, ever!

it's all about to get much worse, so we'll all have stuff to be steamed about. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »

No, I was thinking more the High School level, given the grammar, spelling, reasoning

I didn't finish High School I had to go to work to help support a house with a mother and two sisters and then the army for 3 years and worked in the logging industries and mills. I don't have all that fancy title stuff that you brag about. But when a person think's that education has any thing to do with a post it gets me upset. A person can say what's on there mind even if the grammar or spelling is wrong. I understand every one here just fine.  

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »

I have come across quite a few highly educated idiots that have almost gotten someone injured or killed.

Wouldn't know. Since finishing college a quarter century ago (in agriculture) I've got my contractors licence, managed a 50,000 acre ranch in South Africa, learned 6 languages and had 7 kids. I already had my NCAA Div. 1 All American award in wrestling, so I'd been around the world even before spending a decade in PNG and SA. We licensed arborists can get killed or injured more easily than most professions. What's yours?

[/quote]

Environmental Project Manager in the Petrochemical Industry (Graduated Chemistry/ Business Mgmt.) So what?  An "Expert" makes a mistake in your field a tree falls on somebody. An "expert" makes a mistake in mine a city might be wiped off the map. I still value the suggestions of my Tech's equal to the the new chemist with a doctorate from Rice we just hired.

Especially a guy who can't find the spell check button.

Keith
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2009, 10:56:38 AM »

i am spelling challenged sad.  please don't hate me....

irwin, great point.  it was timv who claimed my posts were difficult to understand.  i understand completely what i wrote!   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »

Haven't we seen this around here before? The higher the education the less the understanding.

Perhaps we can get a grant and study this phenomenon  pop 

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
Melilem
House Bee

« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »

Tim, I am going to skip over your posts from now on. You are just being a troll.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »

I haven't read a single reply to this post, I'll be doing it tonight what I get home from work - I'll let "Mike" my text to speech ATT&T voice read it to me (yes, I'm using a pro-voice now instead of my long time friend Free Hal) the difference is remarkable, but of course I need to reteach it pronounciation, I had hundreds of words tweaked with Hal and it was AIRCHAIR COPY all the way. Mike is a bit tougher to change the pronounciation of vords on - I think most is my fault though, it has a force resolution and boxes and text often occupy the same space - I need to work on that.

But about this latest conflict, one of a million either before or after this one... We will again stand behind Israel as it is our on secured foxhole in the Middle East, soon to be a second in Iraq (if only in the opinions of the neighbors of Iraq) but the US wants foxholes there - I think there are too many Biblical Doomsdayers, one about to leave office in less than 2 weeks) and of course those clandestine groups that usually never surface and enjoy their few minutes of fame in the Enquirer type mags.

We always have had our heads up the butt of Israel, we give them weapons that are one tick away from highly classified, supply them with everything they need to defend themselve - even weapons that are capable of EXTREME OFFENSIVE ACTS. How many times have we done that in the last decades alone, giving people thought to be friendly weapons that eventually were turned around and used on us.

The only good thing about localized fights that Israel fight is they will keep the nucs tucked away or self annilation is probable. The scary fighting is when Israel are battling factions far from home, it's those who might be turned to dust, and then the SELF FULLING PROFITS will get their wish and see the END DAYS fall upon the Earth.

I don't believe there will ever be an answer and the US will never have the trust of the majority of the Middle East as long as we are such  supporters of Israel.

As much as I wish the United Nations would go to one of the wussie Norwegian countries and do their BS there, let those NEUTRAL "we don't have an opinion countries, as the UN" host the JUSTICE LEAGUE - meanwhile, let the US get back to fixing the US and let the rest of the world fix or disappear from Earth. So many civilizations have come and gone, I would guess many times more civilizations have disappeared from the Earth than exist today - they didn't have the USA to save them and I think it is time we say "World, do what you have to do to survive or die, we are owned by the Chinese primarilly and our debt only grows every day" when the Chinese decide to call in our markers, what then - oh yeah, we'll just print up more worthless paper and pay them off - I'm sure that will work - ugh.

My whole point, Israel is extremely well equiped to take on just about anyone, thanks to us over 5 or 6 decades now. What we need to do is let the UN handle any issues of violence and we need to stay the hell out of it. Just answer me this, how prepared are we to take on a world of hurting tossed upon us, if I can't even carry on a plastic bear jar of honey on a plane? Our way of stopping terrorism has turned to stealth and blatant ways of observing our own people, meanwhile 98% of all ships entering our ports are NEVER checked.

We can't fight other people's battles any more, we have enough of our own and most people don't even agree why we are fighting where we are fighting and for good reason. Bush's way of battling terrorism reminds me of a great old pun. A boy is searching the roof top for a quarter he lost in the basement. When asked when is he looking there instead of the basement, he replies "Because the light is much better here!" I really that that explains bush better than any metaphor I have heard. I won't miss him as President, and on the flip side - schools in NJ (I don't know about everywhere else) is having Inagruation Day off, so the kids (as if they will do this) sit home and watch this historical moment. Couldn't we make a day for Obama like we have for every other president when he has ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING GREAT?

I wish him and his administration all the best, we need someone to turn this country around and I hope it is him, but stop comparing a guy who hasn't been sworn in yet to Presidents who accomplished great things during their terms. I just don't understand, are we suppose to have  a school day off JUST to show a black man is capable of becoming President of our Country? To me that is sad if that is the case, it just feeds into the stereotype that whites think blacks are unequal, something that keeps gangs and innercity kids from becoming what gifts they have from reaching their full potential. Racial hatred cripples everyone, and no one more so than a kid spoon fed that whitey hates them and they will never suceed because of that - decades of biggotry can handicap brilliant minds, hatred of others in such a miraculous place as the United States insults us all. I want every child to exceed in what ever it is they are good at, we need this to be competitive in the future, not stunt the educational growth of a child because of your own hatred toward another race.

That's it.... I spewed on the topic and others, I'll listen to the other posts as mentioned later with my text to speech reader, which I use for about 80% or more of the forum content and all of Cindis Smiley

You better hurry up John it's growing by the minute it may take you all day

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2009, 05:56:52 PM »

You're right to a point, I do write what I think, what I believe. 
I'm a complex individual, very liberal on some issues and extremely conservative on others.  So, to you it may sound inconsistent, but I am who I am.  I've had some very unique experiences in my life that have shaped my beliefs.  I'm a Christian who doesn't take the Bible literally (see previous post), has experienced personal revelation (James 1:5), talked to my guardian angel, and can't go to a funeral without seeing the deceased (except in the case of suicide/lost souls), and have been visited by spirits from both sides of the "curtain."  I've had 4 years of college, plus other educational seminars and workshops, and studied such areas as Engineering, Accounting, Journalism, Law Enforcement, and Electronic Technology (hardware not software).  I've been to: France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Germany, England, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, and the Philippines.  At one time I spoke English (native), Chinook Jargon, Spanish, Turkish, Japanese, Thai, as well as some German, French, and a smattering of Tagalog.  All except the first three were learned in the country of origin.  But I've also learned that non-use results in loss of knowledge so now I'm pretty much limited to the 1st 3, which are the 3 I use the most, and learned 1st.

Oh, by the way, my definition of an atheists and agnostics are people who've never had the opportunity to die and live to tell about it.  It is a very enlightening experience and I will tell you that if you had ever had the experience you would no longer believe in predestination but know with a certainty that we reap what we sow.  What we have in the afterlife is predicated upon what we do and learn in this life.  If I had to pick one credo to live my life by, it would be the golden rule of which there are two versions: "Love thy neighbor as thyself," and "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  Which, reversed, means if you try to harm me, I am free to injure you in self-defense.

My uneducated Uncle (a boiler maker) used to call another uncle (High School Teacher) the "Educated Idiot."  I've found there are idiots on both ends of the scale of education, genius's as well.  When it comes to practical matters I've found a number of self-educated people who were genius's and a good number of highly educated people who were in totally over their heads.

I have come to put more trust in what I've learned with my own 2 hands and my own hard knocks over anything I read in books. 

Darwin had the right idea, just the wrong application.  This is a world of creationism with adaptation of the fittest.  BTW, did you know that they just found a new (actually older) species of Iguana in the Galapagos that Darwin missed?  The Pink (Rosada) Iguana.

Now that I've "Satisfied" your inquiry as to my education and experience I'll get off my:  soapbox

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2009, 06:12:27 PM »

Overall this has been an interesting exchange.But just keep in mind as this thread continues,we can not begin personal attacks against each other..Remember we can agree to disagree. And spelling and proper grammar is not something we are going to pick someone apart for here.
  As Irwin said,just because you may not have a degree doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.Lets keep it polite folks!! There's other forums that let anything go ,but it ain't here!!
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »

Am DUM!!!
Wuts a RWE?
Ah wante tuh 12 grads in shool.
yer fren
jon

Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »

Thank you ken aka BuzzBee  happy campers happy campers

Melilem
House Bee

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2009, 06:38:03 PM »

hi Johnny! RWE= real world experience. It took me a little to figure that one out Smiley
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »

I like that we are the big guys on the block pushing our muscle around. If we did not do it, then someone else would. The only thing the people of that region know is bruit force and fear. I also think hamas is getting what it sowed.

Education Level?Huh  The higher the education level is, the less common sense that is available most of the time.
I do allot of work for the state colleges(Scientific Equipment repair) and have met some really dumb Dr.'s and professors(Job Security).  I have found in life sometimes you just can't break info down in a way these people can understand it so you just tell them how much it is gonna cost to make it all work again.

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2009, 10:15:59 PM »

I like that we are the big guys on the block pushing our muscle around. If we did not do it, then someone else would. The only thing the people of that region know is bruit force and fear. I also think hamas is getting what it sowed.

Education Level?Huh  The higher the education level is, the less common sense that is available most of the time.
I do allot of work for the state colleges(Scientific Equipment repair) and have met some really dumb Dr.'s and professors(Job Security).  I have found in life sometimes you just can't break info down in a way these people can understand it so you just tell them how much it is gonna cost to make it all work again.

As an electronic tech we used to say that the engineers dreamed it up and it was up to us to redesign it so it worked.  Smoke testing new designs was always an experience.  1st thing you learned was to have a fire extinguisher handy.  After we bread boarded the design where it would work we'd send the schematic back to the engineer who designed it, who often claimed it shouldn't work that way.  Then I graduated.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
TimV
House Bee

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2009, 11:00:05 PM »

Education Level?  The higher the education level is, the less common sense that is available most of the time.

I like that we are the big guys on the block pushing our muscle around.

Exactly. You prove my point.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next