Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 11:52:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPRING IS COMING - Member gathering Rallies coming soon!  (Read 4104 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: December 29, 2008, 05:50:49 AM »

I know we have lots of cold months ahead, but I want to at least start you thinking about getting toger by region as members strive to meet each other again this year. Last year, many members in different sections of the country and even from around the globe met with each other and as each year goes by I hope we are more and more organized and plan well ahead.

The on gathering I was honored to attend was the meeting of PDMattox, CWBees, the whole Buzzbee Family and my wife Tracey and I got together in Philadelphia, PA for an afternoon. This year, I hope we DOUBLE the number of people who meet during that period.

In two other meetings, I had the pleasure of Geoff from Australia stay for 4 wonderful days and TWT from Georgia (state not Country) stay here 2 days on the way to MAine's Lobster Fest and 1 night on the return trip.

The point is, these people are all Ventrilo Friends, people I talked to nightly for months and months (in most of these cases for several years) before we met. We all knew each other like family and we were all comfortable from the very first second. I wish everyone has similar gatherings to people they communicate with through the forum, putting a living breathing person to the text or voice we share in the forum is wonderful.

Here in New Jersey I know of 5 or more members that I have posted with for a long time, KonasDad by far the closest, yet we haven't met. I really hope that changes. So if we start batting around times that are good for everyone, I know we can work out (at the very least) a short meet and greet. Relaxing over a nice meal and a few drinks really opens up conversation and that would help me break free of my shyness shell  rolleyes tongue .

So if nothing else, start thinking about who you can meet even if a few hours drive on each side is needed. Creating a list of WHO should be easy, we all have friends here which we would love to meet and distance may make it near impossible, but dreaming it is so, is often the first step toward creating reality. Setting goals is a great way to start too - I hope to add at least 5 new people in face to face meetings and reaquaint myself with all those I have met so far. Seeing Geoff again this year could be a toughy, but we'll get setup with cams and do the next best thing Smiley

PDMattox (Dallas) from Florida will be coming up here in the Spring or sometime when warmer weather allows that southern boy to thaw and not go dormat on me - lol. This visit I hope will be a few days longer and I've already promised we will make it to NYC which we didn't get to last time. After being to NYC so many times, it doesn't thrill me as much, but who knows, I might talk him into a 2 or 3 day trip to Washington, DC while only 4.5 hours away from here!!!!

Meet and Greet 2009, put that on your list. And to finish, if he is reading this and I'd bet a paycheck he is BUD1 (I call him Uncle Bud) is right there at the top of my list of meeting. We were robbed this past Summer, I and Dallas were ready to visit Bud when I had my car accident and was laid up for 8 weeks. It was almost carved in stone and fell apart when I passed out and plowed into a tree, finding out I was suffering from seizures and now am medically treated to prevent reoccurances (hopefully).

The trip above means I'll be flying down to Dallas, meeting up again with his wonderful family and then taking the drive toward Bud to meet up with him, his daughter and Grandson "Sprout!" Meeting with Bud after enjoying him all this time in chat will be the highlight of my 2009 year. Bud is a true Gentleman who minces no words and always lets you know where he stands - I love that about him. And yes, calling him uncle Bud is not just an honorary title, it is how I feel about Bud, to me he is family.

If you have people here you feel the same about, make the effort, work out the details and get together, it completes the full circle of our forum and it creates a memory you will never forget.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:01:27 PM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »

John, oh, you got some nice thoughts going on there, love to read your stuff.  I know what you are talking about when you speak of meeting our forum friends in person. 

This barbeque at Brian Bray's home in Anacortes, WA that Understudy (Brendan), his Wife, Janel, Poka-Bee (Jody), her Husband, Bruce, my Husband Ken and I had the opportunity to meet was nothing short of great and wonderful.  It was like we all knew each other very deeply before we met in the physical, it was cool. 

I would love to meet other forum friends in the physical for sure.  But now I fear with our impending move that will be four hours more further north, that the opportunity has lessened. But then, hey, ya never know.  Thanks for this great post, encouraging our cyberspace friends to meet and get to know each other better.  Have that great, most wonderful day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:32:18 PM »

Ok west coast let's see what we can do grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

Boss man sho thank you and promis the fealing is mutual, Iam already getting tickled at the thaught of seing you and Dallas in person. Dallas is nominated the planer.

to bee or not to bee
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »

Ok west coast let's see what we can do grin

I'm willing to host the event (site) but the planning got over my head a tad.  So If everybody chips in we can have another good rowl here.

I have the place you guys figure out the time and day.

When it gets closer maybe we can get the mods to give us a Sticky with the title with something like: B2s 2nd Annual BBQ and Bee Bust.
Again all forum members from the PNW (BC, Oregon, Washington, & Idaho) invited, plus any drop ins from other parts.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »

Hey Dallas, we haven't spoken in quite a while, what's it been, a week? No, more like 1 and a half weeks. I will talk with you soon but Brendhan told me the southeast bee conference is Feb 6 and 7 I believe. I'm going to see if I can get my wife to join me and meet up with you if the offer still stands.

Hey John, you know Bud will try and get ya to eat chitlins right?

...JP Wink

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:15:45 PM »

JP I put in for the friday and monday around that weekend and am planning on being there. Hopefully the inlaws down there will let me camp out at their house and can go on the cheap.

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »

JP I put in for the friday and monday around that weekend and am planning on being there. Hopefully the inlaws down there will let me camp out at their house and can go on the cheap.

Will speak with you soon MBFAM.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »

Oregon is in the middle of washington and California. So maybe if we put it in the middle we can have more people. With jobs and kid's that will make a difference I think. And then the finance will come in with attendance too. Any thing over 200 miles is out for me and the wife and the grandkids. Over that it's just me and my dog for an over night. And I will not step one foot out of the good ole USA.

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 07:59:16 AM »

I just wanted to point out this is a thread about an East coast rally - if you're going to plan another one for the PNW then you really should have your own thread for it......just sayin'  Wink

And I'd try like heck to go to one here on the east coast, but can't make any promises.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 08:53:45 AM »

I just wanted to point out this is a thread about an East coast rally - if you're going to plan another one for the PNW then you really should have your own thread for it......just sayin'  Wink

And I'd try like heck to go to one here on the east coast, but can't make any promises.
Did you read the first paragraph in beemasters post Ann.  huh  Here it is.

I know we have lots of cold months ahead, but I want to at least start you thinking about getting toger by region as members strive to meet each other again this year. Last year, many members in different sections of the country and even from around the globe met with each other and as each year goes by I hope we are more and more organized and plan well ahead.

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 12:21:56 PM »

Yes, I did, but I don't think he wanted us to plan in the same thread, is my point.  There was a wonderful thread for Brian's get-together, and if there's another one planned then I hope a thread devoted to it, through to the finish as that one was, is opened.

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »

OKAY... I changed the title, is everybody happy Smiley

I see this past week that Cabin Fever is kicking in - we are getting nit-picky as happens every Winter. Sure it starts small with some members killing pets in god aweful ways and others filling screens with the dreaded 11:11 time that ranks right there with a roomful of broken glass to me, but we can all bend a little and talk about meeting other members without needing to start a dozen posts to do it.

Oh... and just to add, NO - I won't be starting a meet and greet forum, everyone knows where to post such interests and "if not" I'm sure some one will point it out to them - lol.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and please keep your happy faces on while here - It ain't Disneyland, but it's home here. Retract your claws, put away your whacking hammers and figure out who'd be able to make it to a meet and greet in your area. Save any caabin fever for Febuary, and then take it elsewhere on the web - we don't mind being busy doing mod stuff, but we don't much care for babysitting the non-important issues that being locked in the house for months tend to turn into rolling snowball, picking up members all the way until we all crash at the bottom.

I'm willing to travel quite a distance this year, I don't know if the PNW will be in my milage, it sure is a trip from the central east coast, but I'll be in the south surely and we'll see where else. I just hope to meet as many members as I can, especially those of you who have been with us a long time and I've gotten to know so well Smiley

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 03:17:53 PM »

OK I'll be good  cool Sorry to all  afro

reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 06:01:18 PM »

No claws here!

johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 06:59:18 PM »

As Kelso would say on "The 70's Show"....BURNNN!!!!

your friend,
john

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 12:46:47 AM »

Reinbeau,
I think I see a pink elephant in your post!!wait,maybe it's late on New Years Eve.Guess I'll double check in the morning. grin grin
I'm sure once someone sets something in stone,we may be able to sticky these things to work out final details. We will work something out to benefit any get togethers we can.Cheers all and a Happy and prosperous New Year to all!!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »

Ah, my forum friends....John, you makka me laugh!!!  It is kind of funny when we do look at those little things of just getting kindof nit-picky for sure.  Yep and ya, I think we are all getting a little of that cabin fever.  Just seems to be something that Old Man Winter loves to hand out, bad boy....spring is just around the corner, the Winter Solstice now long past.  Have a most wonderful and awesomely great day, life, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
BjornBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 07:38:16 PM »

One event I hold every year is an open picnic to all beekeepers. This is not sponsored by a bee club or an association. Just started by a couple beekeepers who wanted to extend an invitation to beekeepers that do not attend regular meetings anywhere. (Which by statistics is about 70% of beekeepers) The event is well attended. (97 last year and 124 the year before)

I will not call them out, but I know of at least two beemaster members who attend this picnic. And I have no problem with more attending.

This years picnic is scheduled for July 18  For additional info, go to the events page of the Bjorn Apiary website.

And for anyone driving a good distance, help with accommodations can be arranged.

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 08:48:07 PM »

Hmmm, now Pennsylvania we can try to make.....or New Jersey!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next