Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 06:28:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PETA kills animals  (Read 7192 times)
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »

The we I was referring to was the human race. Not you and I

Keith
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2008, 01:46:05 PM »

I am saddened by the tone and direction this thread had turned (" two bullets to her head"  " strangled a sick kitten ")

Yeah you're right. I should have let her suffer painfully until she died.
Why do you care if she's suffering?  She is just a dog, or a cat, nothing to be concerned about, nothing to feel for.  Given how you've expressed yourself I'm surprised you even gave it a thought that she might be suffering.  See, Jerry, this is how you've portrayed your feelings, if you've done a bad job of it, then I apologize, but it seems as though you're speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »

I had to deep six a couple of my tropical fish a couple of weeks back.  Deep -freeze and six -flush them, that is.

Now I'm overcome with guilt.  How could I have done such a thing?  How can I live with myself after that atrocity!

Oh..wait...it was the #$@% bluegill that I had in there that took out its eye, and then the convict that harrassed it mercilessly until it was floating on its side. (they are now by themselves in the bad boy tank...)  Ok, don't feel so bad now.

Sorry, but a bullet in the head of a dog does the same thing as a $125 shot at the vet.  Sad, either way, and the bullet is a whole lot more difficult. My uncle had to call my dad to do that a long time ago.

If anything, the $125 shot at the vet devalues that life, because the pain is a whole lot less.  

A person who tortures animals should be locked away.  Yes because of what he does to the animal, but mostly because people who can torture big animals are only a step away from doing that to a person.

Rick

Rick
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2008, 02:11:40 PM »

Why do you care if she's suffering?  She is just a dog, or a cat, nothing to be concerned about, nothing to feel for.  Given how you've expressed yourself I'm surprised you even gave it a thought that she might be suffering.  See, Jerry, this is how you've portrayed your feelings, if you've done a bad job of it, then I apologize, but it seems as though you're speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

Once again you missed a part of it.

....but mostly because people who can torture big animals are only a step away from doing that to a person.

Just because some people who have tortured people also tortured animals? I bet there are a lot of animal torturers out there that never plan on torturing people.

UPDATE...........UPDATE........UPDATE

So I looked through the latest lost dog ads and found the owner to the dog. Seems the dog was staying at the ex-fiance's house. Her new boyfriend lives in Levelland. Levelland is to the west of us and Lubbock is to the east of us. Guess how the dog got 10 miles from home.  rolleyes

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »

(" two bullets to her head"  " strangled a sick kitten ")

we approach things from where we find ourselves.  i guess if you live in a city, or have never worked a farm, the idea of shooting an animal or killing a kitten is hard to swallow. out here, we know from childhood that death is as much a part of our day as is life. sometimes we have to have the nerve to be the executioner.  it's not an easy thing, just a necessary skill.  even harder to butcher when you have to slit the throat of the animal so that the last couple of heart beats pump out as much blood as possible.  

strangling the kitten took a few seconds.  letting it suffer for days was not a kind option.  fortunately, my mother had the nerve to do the deed.....as my father had the nerve to shoot my dog after a truck hit it....

i don't expect you to get up the nerve to put down your own pet next time it is needed, but understand that while many of us value our animals and love our pets, we do what we need to do when the time comes.  

i never lose my appetite when an animal i have raised ends up in my freezer.  that is why i had it in the first place.

-------update--------  smiley

JM, the man who takes in a stray can not be all bad.  good dogs deserve a chance.  chicken eating, livestock chasing, dogs......well, that's another matter!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2008, 02:54:25 PM »

That is one thing we all must take into account. Our different backgrounds. What some people find totally appalling might be everyday life to us.

OK I am going to be drifting here........

My oldest son started working as a prison guard about the first of the year. He sometimes can't believe the way some of the other guards respond to/treat the convicts. I just have to wonder how long it will be before he turns a bit "hard" himself. The same with people that work animals all the time I'm sure.

Now believe it or not I was a child and had my puppies and kittens. And I cried when they were suddenly gone. Then I guess the turning point came back around 1985. My mother's cat got mauled by the neighbor's dog. Her husband at the time grabbed his gun and was going to shoot the dog and the owner, but the lake patrol officer at the time (and also a friend) defused the situation. My mother wanted to run the cat to the emergency animal place. I went with her... sort of. She was in the car and I was following on a motorcycle. At one point she took a wrong exit off the highway in a place I knew she was unfamiliar with, so I was going to pull up beside her and motion her to follow me. That was the last thing I remember. The next thing was me signing some tickets for a cop.....

Here's what happened. As I pulled up beside her, she realized what she did and made an abrupt swerve to get back on the highway not knowing I was now beside her. I was knocked out for awhile.... she thought I was dead. I came around about the time the cops got there and was still "out of it" and couldn't think to show my driver's license or insurance card.

....Then my mom was driving me home and I had this really awful headache and told her to take me to the hospital which is where I spent the next two and a half weeks.

OH! The cat died.

That is when it dawned on me that all of it...  from the actions at the lake and the various outcomes that could have happened...  to my mom thinking I was dead... to me being in the hospital... that little cat just wasn't worth all that. And I began to question all of it. So while I still like animals and I take care of the animals the best I can, and don't cause any needless suffering if I can help it, I don't see them as anything more than animals and never are they above humans.... no matter how badly the human might treat the animal.

ANOTHER     UPDATE...........UPDATE........UPDATE

The Woman the dog was living with called. And it seems she had broken up with the latest boyfriend. He then broke into her house and messed up a bunch of junk and stole a bunch of stuff, including the two dogs. He kept the other dog but threw this one out on the way.

Oh the tangled webs we weave.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2008, 03:22:53 PM »

Whether a person sees having an animal as ownership or partnership the ultimate determiner is how he treats those animals. 

I raise animals for food, I kill them (as quickly and humanely as possible), butcher them, and dine upon them.  I also have animals as pets, to which I would probably shed a tear at their passing if I didn't suffer from Alexiythemia.
I provide food, water, housing, veternary care when warrented, sheer the sheep, trim the hooves, gather hay, collect the eggs from the chicken, put eggs in the incubator to raise more, etc, and even train my pigeons for competition.

The important part here is that, while I have them, I treat all the animals with respect and care for them.  I will put a dog down with my 22 rather than spend $150.00 for a vet to do the same thing, meanwhile leaving the animal in untold agony until the vet can arrive.
If a neighbors dog attacks my goat or sheep I'll call the vet to treat it, unless it's so bad it needs to be put down.  The neighbor will get a warning about his dogs, both from me and the police.

Part of putting down an animal that is injured past surviving is part of the responsibilty of companionship; to dispose of it quickly and humanely.   A bullit through the brain is quicker, if not more humane, than a prolonged death from a drug overdose.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »

I guess Perry is JUST to sensitive and may not belong here. Putting a hurt animal down is humane, should we hold its paw/hoof and tell it that it will be fine as it slowly dies a painful death?

I feel sorry for the fruitier generation of liberals today, their parents waved the rainbow flag far too many times and the results are over-flowing closets of pansies and tulips just bursting to get out. This isn't pointed at you Perry, I know nothing about you, it's your "I need to get out of here, I'm just too tired1" attitude that brings to mind that our generation has raised a too soft for their own good generation of prissy boys that enjoy flaunting their ambiguities about.

I don't care about who is straight or gay or macho or a flaming fruit mojito - but I hate with a passion flamboyant "Men" who even treat a cigarette as if it is a stage prop and they are in the spotlight 24/7.

Yeah, I blame the parents to an extent, I saw the other night on WIFESWAP a woman who hosts tea parties for fun and profit, she had about a 16 year old boy who is every bit a fruit as you would expect from a mother who insisted he cohost these parties for 5 year old girls all his life. His sexuality doesn't bother me, his fruity demeanor does - I think the whole flamboyant thing is NOT real, it is an expression to flaunt their preferences.

Sad to see so many people falling so far to sexual extremes that they no longer are happy keeping it to themselves, they find it necessary to display it like an Olympic Metal around their necks. What was wrong when people kept their sexual preferences to themselves? Was it really such a bad thing playing along with the rest of the world amd just ACT normal?

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »

It's not a matter of putting an animal out of its misery that has many upset here, it's the 'it's his dog and I don't care if he kicks the sh*t out of it' attitude, and I'm heartened to see many here are as appalled by it as I am.  I had my dog put to sleep, couldn't do it myself because it's illegal to fire a gun here - not that I'd do it, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if that was the only method available (and, by the way, it doesn't cost anywhere near $150, it cost me $29.00 to put her down.  And the cats throughout history I've had put down have been just as inexpensive).  Now, we're all guilty of .  How inappropriate in a PETA thread!

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2008, 07:01:13 PM »

, it's the 'it's his dog and I don't care if he kicks the sh*t out of it' attitude,

As I said. I don't like to see animals tortured. Also said if I didn't like it then I could offer to buy the animal from the person. But if he doesn't want to sell me the animal.... well then it is as I said, his property. Sorry that you feel he should be arrested and his property taken from him and he and his family suffer because you think animals are more important than people.
They don't vote.
They don't pay taxes.
You can't claim them on income tax return forms.

And as I said before it really is a shame that so much is spent on protecting animals when people are dying from starvation and disease and the money would be better spent on them.

Jerry

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »

Jerry, I know that you are not inherently a bad person as I have read your posts for what 3 yrs now, we can agree I am sure, that you have a tendency to look at things differently, (which I usually find quite refreshing) a Jerrymac perspective if you will. I would never refer to you as a bad person or an evil person. I understand that not everyone thinks of pets in the same manner so I have given you the benefit of the doubt here in regards to some of your comments in this post, but let me assure you its OK to have feelings toward a pet you have kept for many yrs, that you raised and fed and kept warm. It is human to do so, It is also humane to do your best to stop suffering of any kind whether it be a person or an animal, so if your neighbor is beating his pet goat and it is screaming in fear and pain, please for the love of God call the police. It is not OK to stand idle and let something like that take place.

I think what has caught some of us off guard here are the graphic examples given how animals have been dealt with in ways that some of us despise.

I stated earlier, I don't like to see things suffer. With that said, if a dog is suffering and it needs to be put down then so be it, the method is none of my business unless I am the owner.

Keith, the whale wars show is just about total bull you know what. You have another choice besides pulling for one or the other, my choice, don't watch it.

The truth I believe is blurred on that show, who really knows for certain what's going on. Not to pick on Asians but man, what's up! Rhinoceros horns, elephant tusks, sharkfins, whale gallbladders, etc... Just give it a break! There is no magic pill, fountain of youth or clock you can turn back, just be happy and rational for God's sake!

Y'all have a nice day!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »

jp...look what you started!!!!

and mick eats kangaroos!   evil

sorry, couldn't help myself.........

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2008, 08:10:40 PM »

jp...look what you started!!!!

and mick eats kangaroos!   evil

sorry, couldn't help myself.........

Do they taste like chicken? Wink

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2008, 08:59:55 PM »

No Jp. A nice young one is something between veal and young beef. The battle goes on as to whether in a lot of places they should be culled ( and they should) or not. They do very well on the improved pastures until the droughts take over when there will be thousands dying for the lack of food or making their way into settled areas only to be taken out by roadkill.
              As nature would have it our bitumenised roads gather rainfall close to the road verges creating a better feeding ground but also puts the roos in the mix with trucks, cars and any other transporters.
              So the rest of the world can rest easy as the kangaroo will never be a threatened species, but not so others such as Bilbys, Numbats and Tasmanian Devils.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2008, 09:19:12 PM »

, it's the 'it's his dog and I don't care if he kicks the sh*t out of it' attitude,

As I said. I don't like to see animals tortured. Also said if I didn't like it then I could offer to buy the animal from the person. But if he doesn't want to sell me the animal.... well then it is as I said, his property. Sorry that you feel he should be arrested and his property taken from him and he and his family suffer because you think animals are more important than people.
Now just where did I say any of that?  See, I didn't, but you did say you didn't care.  Several times.  Sorry, Jerry, you can't twist words I haven't uttered.
And as I said before it really is a shame that so much is spent on protecting animals when people are dying from starvation and disease and the money would be better spent on them.
Just because one wrong is happening doesn't mean another should, also.  I do not value animals above humans, but I also see no need to tolerate crueltry to the weaker - of any species.  Obviously we are going to have to agree to disagree.

Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2008, 09:53:01 PM »

Now just where did I say any of that?  See, I didn't, but you did say you didn't care.  Several times.  Sorry, Jerry, you can't twist words I haven't uttered.

You did not say that, but what other recourse is there if you are going to stop someone from torturing an animal and they will not sell you the animal? So it was implied.

Now many times, including the first post I made... Third line.... says, "I don't like the mistreatment of animals any more than the next person."

I went back and looked at all my post and don't find anywhere I said "I don't care."

It really isn't a matter of agreeing or not as it is the feelings one has. For any subject you can think of there are people on the extreme of each end of it. It doesn't make a person good or bad. Shall I mention the times I saved a dog from a fire? rescued a few cats from a flood. Or many other good things I have done for animals? 

Jerry

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2008, 04:57:20 AM »

Geoff ruined my perfectly good joke... "What does Kangaroo taste like?" the answer of course is "Koala!" in the Southern Hemesphere this may not seem funny, but if I read it, I'd laugh Smiley

I've seen shows on the Chinese Cat and Dog Market, the cages, the hooks and nooses used to transfer from cage to box or bag is sickening, I had a hard time watching and I couldn't say to myself THESE ARE JUST ANIMALS, not because we think of these as pets, but because they are living creatures who experience pain, fright, fear, hunger and all the things we do - just because they may not be smart enough to know they are screwed doesn't change the fact that they are tortured without the least bit of compassion.

It is compassion that allows us to reason "an animals death" and the amount of suffering needed to quickly end its life. I remember an episode of Survivor where a small fish was caught and layed on the beach. You could see it dying from being out of water, starving of air, gasping and only one of the 8 or so people  standing there had the sense to say KILL IT FIRST and argue how we'll eat it later.

If I saw a neighbor beat his dog senseless, I'd call the police and follow through with a report and testimonial to the court. I wouldn't dismiss it, I simply couldn't. In a perfect world, the animal beater should someday experience the same thing by people who care about life less than he does - maybe then he would understand, whether a faithful dog (man's best companion) or a wild rabbit in a field, respect equal treatment because life is so unique, so special in a galaxy so large that each life deserves a quick and humane death.

Some humans are the only creatures who deserve less than humane treatment. I'm all for releasing rapist, molesters and others who commit crimes against the old, weak and helpless - release these people into general population where even prisoners have ethic codes that deal with such scum.

You might say WHAT is the DIFFERENCE? Well these monsters know the difference and still they follow through and commit horrible crimes or torture and death. These people lose their rights (in my opinion) to the same rights people with some sense of the value of life deserve.

I've said enough and didn't target this at anyone - I just finished the thoughts I started earlier. To those who hunt animals, eat them. Kill them fast and don't waste the feast you took the time to hunt. All life is special, the animals of the forrest constantly fight to survive, often go hungry during the coldest of times and if anything is challenged in this world it is the creatures of the woodlands. For those who hunt JUST for the sport of it, then may I suggest PAINT BALL rather than shot guns. Mark your "Kills" in a color of your choice, it beats just cutting off the racks and leaving the bodies to rot. Most hunters have ethics, they aim to kill and end the life of dying and wounded animals quickly. I have coworkers who will trek the woods hours if a deer gets away knowing it is in pain if not found - although I'm not a hunter, I appriciate his belief that no animal deserves to suffer just to fill his freezer.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Scadsobees
Galactic Bee

Best use of smileys in a post award.

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008, 09:16:57 AM »

Geoff ruined my perfectly good joke... "What does Kangaroo taste like?" the answer of course is "Koala!" in the Southern Hemesphere this may not seem funny, but if I read it, I'd laugh Smiley

No, sorry, Koala tastes like cough drops due to the diet heavy in Eucalyptus.  So I only dine on koala when I have a cough.

Rick
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2008, 10:53:06 AM »

No, sorry, Koala tastes like cough drops due to the diet heavy in Eucalyptus.  So I only dine on koala when I have a cough.

Don't tell Micky D's, next thing you know we'll be eating cough curing burgers on the dollar menu.  Have a cold? Get your Koala burgers at McD's, guaranteed to cure your cough.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »

It's not a matter of putting an animal out of its misery that has many upset here, it's the 'it's his dog and I don't care if he kicks the sh*t out of it' attitude, and I'm heartened to see many here are as appalled by it as I am.  I had my dog put to sleep, couldn't do it myself because it's illegal to fire a gun here - not that I'd do it, but I wouldn't have a problem with it if that was the only method available (and, by the way, it doesn't cost anywhere near $150, it cost me $29.00 to put her down.  And the cats throughout history I've had put down have been just as inexpensive).  Now, we're all guilty of .  How inappropriate in a PETA thread!

Vet's must be cheeper where you live.

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next