Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 23, 2014, 09:04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: interesting article  (Read 1117 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: December 20, 2008, 05:31:42 PM »

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/dec/07/lessons-for-a-nation-from-great-depression/

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:12:01 PM »

Excellent article, but did you read the comments?  Don't criticize the Messiah!

Columnist displays deep-seated racism and weak writing.

If you do then you're a racist.  Doesn't matter what the criticism is, you're a racist if you speak ill of anything the Messiah might or actually come up with  rolleyes

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/FDR-s-Policies-Prolonged-Depression-5409.aspx?RelNum=5409

this on was written before anyone even knew the name of "the one".

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
reinbeau
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »

How do you find these things, Kathy?  And keep 'em coming!  grin

- Ann, A Gardening Beek -  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Click for Hanson, Massachusetts Forecast" border="0" height="150" width="256
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »

i'm snowed in and bored.   evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »

i'm snowed in and bored.   evil

Yep Yep Yup, noticed you have been on more the last day or two...hey, so have I!  J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »

Yeah, if WWII hadn't come along it is entirely possible that the great depression would have lasted until the 1960's under Roosevelt's policies. 

I got a question for you kathyP, since you're so boared because of the snow:  Has any other president-elect created an official logo (office of the President-elect) and began interferring with national policy so soon after an election and prior to actually taking office?

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 08:35:45 PM »

not to my knowledge, but since i'm snowed in a bored... smiley  i'll look into it.  research used to be easy.  you'd go to the library and get a pile of books and work your way through the subject.   now you google something and can go of on so many side tracks, it takes forever!  still, i always learn something  grin

on the office logo, i can pretty much give you a NO for an answer.  he's not even the president elect technically until the electoral college votes.  he had his logo going way before that.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/01/obama-americas-president/

this was the most even handed report i could find.  the others were written by FDR worshipers, and not worth reading.  i am finding more and more comparisons to FDR and obama in both this transition phase and in plans to come.  we can only hope that the comparison is a mistake.  funny what history can do to a persons....history....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next