Tillie, go ahead and wash it on gentle with cold water and that should get the smell out. The material can actually take hot if you really want to get propollis out. I have been doing testing with the materials to see how the hold up to repeated washing in hot water and drying in a dryer.
As far as my inventory of Ultra Breeze suits it is currently limited to Large, XL and XXL. I don't have enough inventory where I feel comfortable placing a buy it now button on my web site. I like to be able to ship a suit or jacket within 48 hours.
There are a couple of differences between the two suits though.
1. The Ultra Breeze fabric is slightly more ventilated than the GoldenBee.
2. The pockets on the Ultra Breeze is made of the ventilated fabric. This was done based on feedback from commercial beekeepers. I started to get second orders with the request that the cotton panels on the front be removed and make the pockets ventilated. The hive tool pocket is a canvas material though.
3. The Ultra Breeze has zippers all the way up the legs. This allows you to easily put the suit on without taking off your boots. you can also zip the top of the zipper down to get to your regular pants pocket.
4. The veil is very transparent and you can easily see eggs and very young larvae. You can also see out of the veil in the dark. This is important to the migratory beekeepers because they often load and unload trucks in the dark. You can also have the veil repaired for $15.
5. It is a lot easier to flip the veil behind you neck because the Ultra Breeze uses a two way zipper like most beesuits.
6. Sizing on the Ultra Breeze is standardized. This allows you to exchange a new suit that doesn't fit properly for the next size up or down. Just email me and ship it back and a requested size will be shipped out free of charge. Custom sizes are available but always recommend that people try the standard size first. That way they can say the large was perfect but I need an inch added to the sleeves because I have extra long arms.
7. They come smoke free.
I only have the old style suit posted on my web site. I will try to get current pictures posted next week. www.honeymoonapiaries.com