Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 16, 2014, 06:23:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bird Dog  (Read 1183 times)
Pond Creek Farm
Field Bee

« on: December 15, 2008, 08:50:49 PM »

My father in law and I just got a new bird dog we named Truman.  We really like English setters, and I am looking forward to my sons and I having another project with their grandpa.  They learn things from him that I simply cannot teach them, and I learn some too.  Here's to many more great seasons.

Brian
johnnybigfish
Super Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

Theres just nothin like another dog around, is there!
Nice looking dog too! are you gonna let him in?

your friend,
john

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:16:55 PM »

They kind of look like Brittanys don't they? He looks very smart.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 09:44:42 PM »

Brian, of Pond Creek Farm.  What a beauty of a dog that you both are sharing.  Yes, I agree, there is that special stuff that only a Grandparent can teach their progeny.  It is the wonder of life that these children will have brought to them, through the teachings of the Grandfather.  Beautiful picture of a beautiful dog.  Have a wonderful and most awesome life, day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
poka-bee
Super Bee

I am NEVER bored!!

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:48:47 PM »

He is very cute!  Setters have the prettiest faces, looks like he has eyeliner on & the freckles, oh my!  I don't know too much about the English Setters, what are they like? JP is right, he does look smart!  What types of birds do you hunt?  They are more of a ground bird type dog?  I am so nosy! rolleyes grin Those bonds you build within the family will last & make em stronger.  All those small nuggets of info they learn just being with you guys will be so valuable as they grow!  Your post made me happy, don't know why, maybe the thought of all that time you guys will spend together.  Some of my favorite memories are of dove hunting w/Dad..well, until I realized that the birds don't always die right away & suffer sometimes... Cry then I quit shooting em & just tagged along!   grin J

I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard
Pond Creek Farm
Field Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 10:28:49 PM »

English setters are upland bird hunting dogs.  We hunt quail and pheasant with them.  They have incredibles noses and can whirl around in a dead run to stop and point a bird hiding in the cover. We also have an English Springer Spaniel (her name is Pixie) and they are very similar to the setter except they will not point but will simply charge in and flush the bird up.  It is important to keep up with this type of dog.  Lastly, we have a Labrador Retreiver named Lucy. She hunts ducks with me and tags along to steal the retrieves while we re upland hunting.  We have quite the menagerie here, but they are great fun and always a loving bunch.  Some of the most fun I have is driving the UTV around the farm while they all run behind me.  Great way to exercise the pooches. The lab learned the hard way that bees do not like big black dogs.

Brian
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »

Brian, of PCF, that is so cool.  I love dogs and to hear of your little things with you dogs is very wonderful to the ears.  I picture the critters all running after you, getting their exercise.  It still amazes me to think how these hunting dogs are so well trained and talented that they can do the things that they do, yeah!!!  Have a wonderful and awesome life, day, great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Brian D. Bray
Galactic Bee

I really look like this, just ask Cindi.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 06:18:20 PM »

I can see why you call the Dog Truman, being Harry and all...LOL

Cindi, Thank you for the notation of Brian of PCF, I now know you're not talking to me, thanks.

Life is a school.  What have you learned?   Brian      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »

I can see why you call the Dog Truman, being Harry and all...LOL

Cindi, Thank you for the notation of Brian of PCF, I now know you're not talking to me, thanks.

Brian, hee, hee, you are most certainly most welcome.  I recall a post a few days ago that I had made in response to Brian of PCF, that you responded to.  You must have thought it was referring to you.  AND you must have totally wondered what on earth I was talking about, why I would be saying this sentence to you.  Anyways, that made me laugh, picturing the picture on your face trying to figure out what I was meaning to you.  Anyways, I cannot stand things that are not clear, plain and simple, and one must always know when they are being spoken to, at all times, clarity......

this is the post where you thought I was speaking to you about alternative medicines.....smiling.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, life, health.  Cindi

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,15277.msg140377.html#msg140377

KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »

Love dogs, especially the working varieties. Dont hunt with mine, but to see him retrieve is always a sight to bring a smile to my face. The joy Kona has as he performs what he was bred to do is a treat to see!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next