Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 29, 2014, 12:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jp  (Read 2072 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

jp
« on: December 11, 2008, 10:10:24 AM »

did it snow?Huh

time for  snow pics......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Irwin
Super Bee

howdy all

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 10:16:16 AM »

Buzzbee has got some grin

Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:17:52 AM »

Not to step in for JP but just north of him in Baton Rouge we have 3 inches on the ground shocked
It Started around 5 this AM. Now its already turning to sleet  and will probably be gone shortly oh well
Most snow since Feb 88

Keith

http://www.wjbo.com/main.html

Pictures of Baton Rouge I'm at work and can't load pics on work laptop
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »

We had some snow flying around here. Nothing stuck to the ground. And some of my partially built chicken coop got blown over in 65+ mph winds  Sad

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/
KONASDAD
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 10:51:19 AM »

Tuesday was mid sixties and today in low thirties. Bees are confused!

"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »

We are so totally warm right now. Getting to the high 60's everyday. Bees are flying everywhere and eating up there stores I am sure. No rain and so, so dry out here.

I didn't know you get snow in Louisiana
Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:02:31 AM »

We are so totally warm right now. Getting to the high 60's everyday. Bees are flying everywhere and eating up there stores I am sure. No rain and so, so dry out here.

I didn't know you get snow in Louisiana

Annette we don't the last real measurable snowfall in Baton Rouge was February 1988 I was in the 7th grade,some areas of LA had over 8" shocked shocked
to say the least Louisiana came to a stand still yesterday all the bridges were closed, wrecks all over the place. I was listening to one of the state troopers talk today on the news he said his troop normally works 15 wrecks a shift, yesterday the worked over 75 wrecks. A few bridges down in the NO area are still closed now, waiting to get above freezing. But the good thing is the kids got to play in the snow make snowmen and snowball fights so it was good for them.
I got a kick out of the school system yesterday.
It really didn't start snowing hard until 6 am by that time most kids have already been picked up for school and were on their way. Around 8 most systems decided to send everyone home because of safety concerns. Well they put the kids back on the buses and sent them home during the worst of the snow sleet, and traffic. The funny thing is the sun came out around noon  the streets thawed and snow went away and there was zero traffic around at 3 O'Clock when the students would have been riding the bus home.
To say the least us Cajuns ain't got a clue what to do with the white stuff rolleyes

Keith
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:43 AM »

It really didn't start snowing hard until 6 am by that time most kids have already been picked up for school and were on their way. Around 8 most systems decided to send everyone home because of safety concerns.
Keith

Keith, holy smokin' cadoodalhoppers!!!  What time does school start down there?  So curious about stuff.  Have the great and wonderful day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »

When you live in the country and ride a bus, the day starts early.

rainbow sunflower  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   rainbow sunflower

Jerry

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 07:21:03 PM »

It really didn't start snowing hard until 6 am by that time most kids have already been picked up for school and were on their way. Around 8 most systems decided to send everyone home because of safety concerns.
Keith

Keith, holy smokin' cadoodalhoppers!!!  What time does school start down there?  So curious about stuff.  Have the great and wonderful day, health.  Cindi

Cindi I started to write you back at work but lost my train of thought.
It is like Jerry said, although we don't live in the country the school systems are so jacked up, there is a reason we rank 50 out of 50 in education. We do not have neighboorhood schools we like to bus our students all over the city so what happens is you have kids waking up at 5am to catch a bus across town to a transfer spot then riding another bus on to a school taking in around 7am. The reason for this is the desegregation laws we like to send rich kids to poor schools and poor kids to rich schools well at least in theory that is how it was supposed to work.
Hope that helps although I just read through it and it sorta confused me a bit Wink
Ah well

Keith
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 01:10:37 PM »

Keith, OK, I understand what Jerry said about long bus rides to school, living in the country.

But what you said to me did not make sense  Sad

Is there no local schools in your city, near your home?  I got an impression that you send your young ones to a school a long distance away, that is for a higher quality of education.  That is good if that is the case. Sorry, I need more clarification here.  Some things I just need to know, smiling.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, life, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service
Jerrymac
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »

It is desegregation. "They" are so afraid of the whites all going to one school and the blacks all going to another school. Then the rest of the rainbow goes who knows where. So anyway "they" pick up the chosen students at one school and bus them to the other school. A couple of my kids got caught up in that. They were doing great at the school they were suppose to go to. Then one year being bussed to the other school and they went down hill.

Jerry

Keith13
Super Bee

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »

Cindi

What the school systems like to do is try to balance the schools we send an equal number of whites, blacks, asians, and what ever to each school. So that in some fantasy world we will all get a perfectly equal education. In reality since all the racial groups live all over the city we end up with the kids waking up at 5am to catch a bus all the way across town to fill the quota in some other school. My nieces were bused across town 2 hours and ten minutes, the sad thing they lived within a ten minute walk through the neighboorhood to the local elementary school. Now what really throws the whole system out of whack is after the first year of this my sister pulled all her girls and sent them to a private school, which most people with any means now do. Baton Rouge held a record for the longest running lawsuit dealing with segregation it finally ended a few years back it lasted over 30 years. What did it accomplish a lot of attorneys made their carears and sent their kids to private schools of the money the city spent and we still rank dead last in education.

Hope it helps

Keith
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 09:36:27 AM »

Quote from Keith "Annette we don't the last real measurable snowfall in Baton Rouge was February 1988 I was in the 7th grade,some areas of LA had over 8".

Don't know about Baton Rouge but we had a white christmas in Metairie in 2004 and we had snow I believe in 94, in Destrehan, where I was living at the time, what's weird is that it was in April!

Here's a short video of snow falling in Hammond, Louisiana on December 11, 2008. Hammond is approx 45 minutes from Metairie.

...JP   

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
annette
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »

That was awesome JP. Very beautiful, but I heard you and your wife whispering and I would love to have seen your wife frolicking in the snow.
JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 09:05:56 PM »

That was awesome JP. Very beautiful, but I heard you and your wife whispering and I would love to have seen your wife frolicking in the snow.

That was someone else's video, who, I don't know.

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
Cindi
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 09:38:17 PM »

Keith, Jerry, OK, I finally got it.  That sucks the big one for sure.  I haven't  been aware of anything like that going on in our areas, but maybe it does.  It would indeed be a sucker if it does anywhere here.  Oh brother....have a wonderful and awesome life, day, health.  Cindi

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next